SoftTH NEWS

It's too bad that this post is not pinned, because I lost time to make DCS world works correctly with softth. Many thanks for your works, PeterP.

I found a way to make DCS world working in 3DVISION in full screen and also with softth.

Use nvidiaInspector and click on the driver button

backup your 3Dvision profiles (option export all driver profiles (NVIDIA text format)) in case of problems

import the profile enclosed (option import (replace) all driver profiles (NVIDIA text format))

And you will be able to use DCS world in 3dvision in full screen and in softth (but you will have to use the keyboard shortcut instead of the push button of the emitter to activate / de activate 3DVISION mode).

I simply copy the "rise of flight" profile to a specific DCS world profile and associate the original "Digital combat simulator" profile to dcs2.exe

profiles_DCS_WORLD_3DFullscreen.zip

Edited by lefuneste01

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, can someone help me? This is really my first attempt. (and sorry for bad english)

I own Geforce videocard gtx580 3 gb ram and I fly DCSW BS2.

1. I'like try two monitors setup, one (1920x1080) for center view and another (1440x900) for right view (not panel, abris or so, just right, or left, view). I've tried but uselessly. How configure my PC and sofTH for that? Is't possible?

2. Now about 3 monitors configuration. Can I add any geforce videocard or only gtx5.. series for working with my gtx580?

Thanks a lot in advance for reply.

antonio.

Yes, any card will do.

Thank for reply.

All you want to know is right in this post at the start. It is actually simple. Reading the instructions is the hard part.

I'm sorry, but I had lost some informations, analyzing them. I usually read carefully before asking any questions, but sometimes I can lose something, forgotten or misunderstood it. I read again and if I cannot find or understand something, I ask.

Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience.

antonio.

I discovered a strange behaviour of softth with DCSWORLD-BS2.

My configuration : 1920x1080+1280x1024

Export of Shkval, Abris, PVI on 2nd screen.

Stats for fast mission "attack insurgent"

Windowed mode:

fps = 60-65 fps

Put ABRIS in moving map mode => same fps

Full screen mode with soffth

fps ~ 60 fps

Put ABRIS in moving map mode =>
fps =>
fps !!

My ABRIS is 600x800 on my 2nd screen.

My shkval is 640x480, and it doesnt create so much fps drop when activated.

Can softth drain so much on CPU or GPU just by copying the Abris screen zone?

Have I a mistake in softth options (I joined my softth config file) ?

I set keepcomposition for Helios, but had the same result with or without it.

config.softthconfig.zip

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Well, I only can speculate as your exact system specifications are missing .... As there are many factors that can trigger this.

And you also have to know that Some FPS Massure methods are failing when you use SoftTH.

And we are also reaching a point , when using the newest and most capable GPU's that SoftTH becomes useless , because these cards are so powerful that you don't see a benefit against windowed/Fullscreen mode any more.

For clarification:

I consider to categorise your 1920x1080+1280x1024 as Low-res.

On example, when I use such a "low" res setting my own I get worse FpS with SoftTH as when in windowed mode. But it changes dramatical when I use 6monitors in 5700x2160 - than I reach the limits what windowed mode is capable to push through the shared desktop and Fullscren/SoftTH mode becomes superior. I than make a 'jump' from low 20 FPS to stable 30-40 on my Eyefinity 6 HD 6870.

So if you really get better FPS with V-sync on and it matches your monitor refresh rate : just keep things like they are and stay windowed (!) and start to enjoy the Sim and stop to look everytime on the FPS counter ;).

Edited by PeterP

Thanks you for your answer. You're right, I don't spend enough time to fly, but I am planning to go to 3 or 4 screen config, with 2 kind of monitors and 3DIVION on central screen.

Only softth can provide the way to do that (and it do it well).

So I tested performance of my system by setting a global game resolution for theses kind of configuration, but only displaying it on my 2 monitors.

I found that I should have 40 fps but the behaviour of softth with the ABRIS map disconcerted me as it seems that I lost some fps by adding things to display (I though that softth always copy the screen whatever it is displayed on it).

I don't want to purchase 2 monitors and not using them because of the poor performances.

Nethertheless the 30-40 fps you said seems in accordance of what I have seen with my method for 3 or 4 screens.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i started with my 3 screen setup.

( had a 2 screen setup configured with EMC, where the right screen is showing the MFD's etc)

I would like to see how it looks with a full field of view over 3 screens.

The set up is:

Screen 1: 17" 1280x1024 (stand mode)

Screen 2: 23" 1920x1200

Screen 3: 17" 1280x1024 (standmode)

I used the SoftTH Config tool to set the config.SotfTH

Ingame i select the 1 Screen.lua and change my resolution to 3968x1282 ( like the SoftTH config tool says )

Now here is the strange part.

All seems fine, 3 screens are working nicely, and the ratio seems ok.

But both MFD's are black.

I looked in the SofTH config tool if i can change anything that might have someting to do with this, but with no luck.

Hope someone knows what is wrong.

btw... For my two screen setup with EMC, i use a different monitor lua setting.

Rainbow

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gigabyte Z270X| Intel i5 7600K 3.8Ghz | Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB | Samsung 960 240GB SSD | 240GB SSD HyperX DCS disk | 16Gb Kingston HyperX DDR4 | Thrustmaster Warthog - 15506 | Saitek Combat Rudders | Thrustmaster MFDs | Oculus Rift CV1 with 3 sensors | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Windows 10 64-bit Prof | 2x HP 24" LED | Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 | Corsair 550Watt Professional PSU

Yesterday i started with my 3 screen setup.

( had a 2 screen setup configured with EMC, where the right screen is showing the MFD's etc)

I would like to see how it looks with a full field of view over 3 screens.

The set up is:

Screen 1: 17" 1280x1024 (stand mode)

Screen 2: 23" 1920x1200

Screen 3: 17" 1280x1024 (standmode)

I used the SoftTH Config tool to set the config.SotfTH

Ingame i select the 1 Screen.lua and change my resolution to 3968x1282 ( like the SoftTH config tool says )

Now here is the strange part.

All seems fine, 3 screens are working nicely, and the ratio seems ok.

But both MFD's are black.

I looked in the SofTH config tool if i can change anything that might have someting to do with this, but with no luck.

Hope someone knows what is wrong.

btw... For my two screen setup with EMC, i use a different monitor lua setting.

Please post at least your softthconfig and your exact DCS settings to give us a starting point and motivation to have a deeper look on it- this also prevents a lot of posting that are only guesses.

• 3 weeks later...

softth setup with 3 different screen resolutions - struggling to make sense of it!

i am struggling to set up softth, really hoping someone here can help.

my setup:

primary screen: 1920x1080 27 inch

right screen: 1680x1050 22 inch

left screen: 1360x768 27 inch

i drop the .dll file into the game directory, and load up the config tool.

so here is the default baseline when the config tool first loads:

P2SLvAB.jpg

game loads like this:

fE7Cfk7.jpg

and looks like this:

OcDnZyA.jpg

8PVfUyv.jpg

so.......i go back to the config, and try this (changing the resolutions of the side screens to ones where they match and are both compatible with)

kcXyLvk.jpg

and game now looks like this:

mmzI0yX.jpg

UN9bXJx.jpg

i just dont get it. ive tried fiddling with positions of all 3 screens in a logical sequence through trial and error and the expected result never materialises.

what am i doing wrong???

Well, you are not using the right DCS module ... but you managed to post in the somewhat right thread...

So I will try to help you to get your problems solved , just by pushing you in the right direction.

You have to use the undocumented "destRect" function that isn't reachable via the configuration tool - you will have to edit it by yourself via a editor.

Search this thread for "destRect" in some of my posts and you will soon understand how it works to only show a part of your render scaled up at your various screens - so all visually fits even when using different monitors.

+++++++++++++++++++

News: 10-07-2011, 11:17 AM

+++++++++++++++++++

There is a undocumented function in softth version v2.01 and up:

kegetys

Administrator

xx.gif Re: * SoftTH v2.01 pre-alpha test version *

« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2010, 11:32:05 AM »

In v2.01 there is an undocumented feature for setting a "destination rectangle" for the outputs. With it you can set the output to cover only a part of the screen area. It should allow, for example, properly aligning different height displays so nothing is outside the visible area and black borders are added instead.

Example result with it:

Render resolution is 4800x1200 here (3x1600x1200) despite the widescreen monitors used, the area to the left and right is left blank:

IMG_1549.jpg

Config used: http://junk.kegetys.net/softth2_destrect_config_sample.txt

Note the "destRect" properties that limit the output area to 1440x1200 pixels on the 1920x1200 side monitors.

This "destRect" function lets you define what portion of your monitor is used and how much of the rendered image will be shown in this part of the screen. -and you are able to move this part freely around! with other words: It let create you a "window" inside your screen!

I edited a little goofy example to show you better what you can do with this function:

destRect-1.jpg

So let's assume you have different sized monitors/no monitor matches the other in size and native resolution.... and you are mixing portrait with landscape...

But the "destRect" function let you render in fullscreen-mode and align everything inclusive bezel-management and in right aspect on all your monitors !

• 2 weeks later...
Well, you are not using the right DCS module ... but you managed to post in the somewhat right thread...

So I will try to help you to get your problems solved , just by pushing you in the right direction.

You have to use the undocumented "destRect" function that isn't reachable via the configuration tool - you will have to edit it by yourself via a editor.

Search this thread for "destRect" in some of my posts and you will soon understand how it works to only show a part of your render scaled up at your various screens - so all visually fits even when using different monitors.

thanks for this push. so okay, things are a lot better. it took a huge amount of fiddling with destRect - i have 2 further questions which im hoping someone here could help with!

see here:

xlzdjjp.jpg

1. notice the left screen. this is the only way i could get the size of the picture to 'match' the primary screen, by scaling down the resolution. This in turn, scaled down picture size, so ive ended up with black borders. The left screen's native res is 1360 x 768.

here is why i am puzzled. The right screens native res is 1680x1050 (so still lower than the primary screens native res, of 1920 x 1080).

However with the right screen, i had to scale UP, and make the picture 'bigger', to make it match the primary screen.

ive copied and pasted the text from the config below, any ideas what im doing wrong? i dont get why there has to be borders on the left screen and not the right.

2. in another game, (an older game too with worse graphics), my graphics card just cannot cope. After about 5 minutes, the primary card just shuts down due to high temperature, and computer resets itself.

(frame rate is proper smooth and fine though).

is this a bug? or do i need to set something properly in the config file?

[main]

renderResolution=4960x1080

nonlocalFormat=RGB16D

keepComposition=1

smoothing=1

debugD3D=0

zClear=1

vsync=0

tripleBuffer=0

screenshotFormat=jpg

dllPathD3D9=auto

dllPathDXGI=auto

dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]

forceResolution=0

antialiasing=0

processAffinity=0

FOVForceHorizontal=0

FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]

compatibleIB=0

compatibleTex=0

compatibleVB=0

[head_primary]

; borderA=0

; borderL=0

sourceRect=1525,0,1920,1080

screenMode=1920x1080

[head_1]

; borderA=0

; borderL=0

devID=1

sourceRect=0,106,1360,768

destRect=250,125,1100,600

transportResolution=1360x768

transportMethod=local

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

[head_2]

; borderA=0

; borderL=0

devID=2

sourceRect=3280,30,1680,1050

destRect=-350,0,2300,1250

transportResolution=1680x1050

transportMethod=auto

noSync=0

fpsLimit=0

Edited by slopps

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I'm currently using a dual screen setup and whilst using SoftTh my average FPS might be approx 3 frames lower when compared to running the sim in windowed mode..... the sim just runs much smoother using SoftTH.

With DX11 compatibility coming in the future for DCS World i was wondering what is the future for SoftTh ???..... is there an alternative solution being developed that offers the same functionality and also compatible with DX11 ?

Cheers....

Edited by Gunnergolly

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Hello

I'm currently using a dual screen setup and whilst using SoftTh my average FPS might be approx 3 frames lower when compared to running the sim in windowed mode..... the sim just runs much smoother using SoftTH.

With DX11 compatibility coming in the future for DCS World i was wondering what is the future for SoftTh ???..... is there an alternative solution being developed that offers the same functionality and also compatible with DX11 ?

Cheers....

That's because your GPU jumps between e.g: 20-120 FPS in windowed mode

(your numbers be maybe much lower - but I 'push' them to give you and others a better Idea what's happening)

so lets say you got the first half a second 120 fps and the second half 13FP = a average of 66,5 FPS a sec.

Nice ...

.. for the GPU vendor and the documentation and Windows...

... But not for you and your Eyes and Brain!!!! Because its disturbing like hell!

SoftTH collects alls data and gives them to you filtered . -.. also with a 'delay' - but anyway better algorithm than the GPU vendor uses

What this does:

You have smooth Frame-rates - much better than High ones only for a fraction of a sec.

(Now I distract a little and talk about these "crazy" benchmarks I look at sometimes :...)

'smooth' doesn't sells when you put 30FPS against 340FPS... and they are measured on a system that uses a 60Hz Monitor... (The frame will be actualized 60 times in a second on the monitor...)

So A) Believe this marketing or B) use your own Brain to draw your conclusions when you see benchmarks that goes higher than 200 FPS - and make your own thoughts if the 'joy'-factor was measured by a computer or a human.

DX11...you ask ... here is MY answer(actually borrowed of a dear friend of mine):

joda.jpg

Difficult to see. ...Always in motion is the future.

fortuneteller-e1321461161252.jpg

EDIT (found it!): Please read here to get 'deeper' in why 'fast' isn't always smooth... :

>>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1515171#post1515171 - make sure you read up to post #10!!

...to be honest: 30FPS stable is sure nice... (Damn ! how much time and money I had to put into 'it' to realize it on a 4700x1860 render frame while having a "Ultra-High Scene.lua"....

...But stable 45 would be sure nice when DX11 arrives.... . still dreaming to live long enough to see stable and smooth 60FPS with all detail.... ... preferable on a 4K display in stereoscopic vision.)

Edited by PeterP

Thanks for the reply and information.

I cap my FPS at 29 using the autoexec.cfg file.

Im using SofTh because it enables me to run my combined resolution of 1920X1848 in full screen mode.

I need to run in full screen mode so that i can then use Nvidia Inspector to set half refresh rate as this program will not work in windowed mode.

The above settings i have found after hours of experimentation and give me the best illusion of "smoothness" of flight.

I've tried running the sim in windowed mode with my FPS capped at 29 and only using the "in game" Vsync but i get frequent slight stuttering here and there that really annoys me.

As much as i like DCS World i have to say that it's the only game that i have probably spent more time tweaking it trying to get it to run nice then i have actually spent playing it !!!!.

SofTH is versatile and has made a difference to the overall smoothness and the fact that it is not going to work with DX11 means that we will lose one of our options.

Maybe DX11 and full 64 Bit support will make a big difference allowing DCS world to better implement the power of our machines and therefore negate the requirement for my use of SoftTh....

I believe that SoftTh has been made open sourced now and i just hope that somebody else picks the program up and develops the software further.... but your right, we'll just have to wait and see what the future brings in this respect:)....

Regards

Gunner...

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Yeah tried it without 1/2 refresh rate....... and it stutters when i cap my FPS at 29 in the autoexecfile.cfg file and use the in game Vsync.

If i only use Nvidia Inspector 1/2 refresh rate and don't bother limiting the FPS at 29 in the autoexecfile.cfg then again i get stuttering especially when i turn the Shkval on.

However if i limit the game FPS to 29 and use 1/2 refresh rate both at the same time...... it's smooth with no tearing????................... i can't win !!!.

Using a EVGA 670 with latest drivers...

Regards...

• 1 month later...

ok guys ive been reading and search the forums like crazy to the point I got a headache. si im just going to go ahead and ask this. I am planning to run triple monitors on my gtx titan. I currently own a 2560X1440 27 inch asus pb278q. it is an wasome monitor but it has a hefty price tag. I thought that I was forced to basically get two identical ones to make a tripkehead set up. however, after reading a little about softh it seemed to me like I could be able to run the 2 side sidescreen on less high end monitors at lower resolutions without causing distortion or loosing much viewable scrren areas. I also have a 1240x768 monitor that I use for shkval and mfcds. and I have my main tv connected to my gfx card ( I only use this for movies not for dcs)

so my current doubts reside in the following. first the most basic would I be able to connect all this stuff into my single titan and how would I need any adapters?? can softh really handle 2 sidescreens at 1080 plus a center one at 1440 ( All 27 inches ) without distortion or lossing wiewable areas ? I wouldn't minde having sidescreens ar lowers res since im going to be lokking at the center most of the time anyways so I figure I might save aome money this way. does anyone have a similar serp that wouldnt mind posting a screen of video to see how it looks likes?

sorry fir the ammount of questions im not very tech savy thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Ingame Cursor "out of sync"

Just installed DCS World newly, configured my "Monitor_Setup.lua" and "config.SoftTHconfig" (see both below).

Went for a quick testflight and realized that the ingame cursor is way off. It's now impossible to click on any switch.

Do we have a solution for this "feature"?

MONITOR_SETUP.LUA

_  = function(p) return p; end;
-- Ingame Resolution: 3600x1080
name = _('Extended_Pit_HELIOS');
Description = 'Pit + Helios'
Viewports =
{
Center =
{
 x = 0;
 y = 0;
 width = 1920;
 height = 1080;
 viewDx = 0;
 viewDy = 0;
 aspect = 1.77777777777778;
}
}
Gui =
{
x = 0;
y = 0;
width = 1920;
height = 1080;
}
ED_A10C_RIGHT_MFCD =
{
x = 3715;
y = 480;
width = 580;
height = 485;
}
ED_A10C_LEFT_MFCD =
{
x = 3715;
y = 0;
width = 580;
height = 485;
}

ED_KA50_Shkval =
{
x = 2352;
y = 0;
width = 811;
height = 480;
}
ED_KA50_ABRIS =
{
x = 3222;
y = 5;
width = 376;
height = 381;
}
ED_A10C_UHF_PRESET_CHANNEL =
{
x = 2670;
y = 308;
width = 34;
height = 22;
}
ED_A10C_UHF_FREQUENCY_STATUS =
{
x = 2557;
y = 391;
width = 127;
height = 29;
}
ED_A10C_CMSP =
{
x = 2574;
y = 14;
width = 275;
height = 67;
}
ED_A10C_CDU =
{
x = 2096;
y = 50;
width = 310;
height = 235;
}
UIMainView = GUI

config.SoftTHconfig

[main]
renderResolution=4400x1080
nonlocalFormat=RGB16D
keepComposition=1
smoothing=1
debugD3D=0
zClear=1
vsync=0
tripleBuffer=0
screenshotFormat=jpg
dllPathD3D9=auto
dllPathDXGI=auto
dllPathD3D11=auto
[overrides]
forceResolution=0
antialiasing=0
processAffinity=0
FOVForceHorizontal=0
FOVForceVertical=0
[debug]
compatibleIB=0
compatibleTex=0
compatibleVB=0
enableVBQuirk=0
[head_primary]
sourceRect=0,0,1920,1080
screenMode=1920x1080
[head_1]
; Autodetected as [url="file://\\.\DISPLAY2"]\\.\DISPLAY2[/url] at NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
devID=1
sourceRect=1920,0,1680,1050
transportResolution=1680x1050
transportMethod=auto
noSync=0
fpsLimit=0
[head_2]
; Autodetected as [url="file://\\.\DISPLAY3"]\\.\DISPLAY3[/url] at NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
devID=2
sourceRect=3600,0,800,480
transportResolution=800x480
transportMethod=auto
noSync=1
fpsLimit=0
[head_3]
; Autodetected as [url="file://\\.\DISPLAY4"]\\.\DISPLAY4[/url] at NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
devID=3
sourceRect=3600,480,800,480
transportResolution=800x480
transportMethod=auto
noSync=1
fpsLimit=0

THX in advance

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz OC 4.9 GHz

8,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 686MHz (9-9-9-24)

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (LGA1155)

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech Proteus Core Mouse

Logitech G19S

Logitech G940 (heavily modded)

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

Two GUI statements?

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

No - nothing wrong with his 'GUI statements' - his settings just bind the GUI to a dedicated space instead to a already existing view-port.

@Ensi Ferrum

Yes , something has changed recently how DCS is creating It's render-target... and up to now I only can say that it's very important how your screens are arranged in the desktop properties to not get this mouse-mismatch.

First make sure that you have set-up your system in a way that this bug appears. (use the same settings like in post #170)

Please post a DxDiag.txt (I wrote a little 'how to' just a hour ago >>> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1839097#post1839097 )

And post a screen-shot of you Desktop layout .

Example:

win7-display-resolution.jpg

And your options.lua (C:\Users\>YOUR USERNAME<\Saved Games\DCS\Config\options.lua )

...so I have the whole picture of your system while the mouse doesn't work.

I try to find some time to examine your files during the next week and see if I can recreate this behaviour. - I will come back with further instructions once I have done it and maybe found a workaround.

Options.lua

options = 
{
   ["difficulty"] = 
   {
       ["padlock"] = false,
       ["easyRadar"] = false,
       ["miniHUD"] = false,
       ["birds"] = 210,
       ["optionsView"] = "optview_all",
       ["permitCrash"] = false,
       ["immortal"] = false,
       ["easyCommunication"] = false,
       ["reports"] = true,
       ["radio"] = false,
       ["labels"] = true,
       ["map"] = true,
       ["easyFlight"] = false,
       ["cockpitLanguage"] = "english",
       ["units"] = "imperial",
       ["userSnapView"] = true,
       ["tips"] = false,
       ["externalViews"] = true,
       ["iconsTheme"] = "nato",
       ["fuel"] = false,
       ["weapons"] = false,
       ["setGlobal"] = true,
       ["geffect"] = "realistic",
   }, -- end of ["difficulty"]
   ["graphics"] = 
   {
       ["multiMonitorSetup"] = "extended_pit_helios",
       ["color"] = "32",
       ["preloadRadius"] = 80875,
       ["heatBlr"] = 1,
       ["scenes"] = "high",
       ["water"] = 2,
       ["fullScreen"] = true,
       ["disableAero"] = false,
       ["visibRange"] = "High",
       ["treesVisibility"] = 6000,
       ["aspect"] = 4.0740740740741,
       ["haze"] = 1,
       ["HDR"] = 0,
       ["TranspSSAA"] = false,
       ["textures"] = 2,
       ["cockpitShadows"] = true,
       ["shadows"] = 1,
       ["effects"] = 3,
       ["MSAA"] = 2,
       ["height"] = 1080,
       ["sync"] = false,
       ["shadowTree"] = true,
       ["civTraffic"] = "high",
       ["width"] = 4400,
       ["clutterMaxDistance"] = 0,
       ["lights"] = 2,
   }, -- end of ["graphics"]
   ["plugins"] = 
   {
       ["Ka-50"] = 
       {
           ["altTrimmingMethod"] = true,
       }, -- end of ["Ka-50"]
       ["P-51D"] = 
       {
           ["assistance"] = 0,
           ["autoRudder"] = false,
       }, -- end of ["P-51D"]
       ["CA"] = 
       {
           ["kompass_options"] = 1,
           ["ground_target_info"] = true,
           ["ground_aim_helper"] = true,
           ["ground_platform_shake"] = true,
           ["ground_automatic"] = true,
       }, -- end of ["CA"]
   }, -- end of ["plugins"]
   ["views"] = 
   {
       ["cockpit"] = 
       {
           ["mirrors"] = false,
           ["reflections"] = false,
           ["russianHud"] = false,
           ["avionics"] = 1,
       }, -- end of ["cockpit"]
   }, -- end of ["views"]
   ["sound"] = 
   {
       ["world"] = 0,
       ["radioSpeech"] = true,
       ["cockpit"] = 0,
       ["volume"] = 0,
       ["headphones"] = 0,
       ["music"] = -100,
       ["subtitles"] = true,
       ["gui"] = -6,
   }, -- end of ["sound"]
   ["miscellaneous"] = 
   {
       ["Coordinate_Display"] = "Lat Long",
       ["accidental_failures"] = false,
       ["headmove"] = true,
       ["force_feedback_enabled"] = true,
       ["f5_nearest_ac"] = true,
       ["f11_free_camera"] = true,
       ["synchronize_controls"] = true,
       ["f10_awacs"] = true,
   }, -- end of ["miscellaneous"]
} -- end of options

DxDiag.txt

DesktopLayout.JPG.58ee3c75b201051ec024099bfab28b48.JPG

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

I have sorted the problems.

Removed the 7" USB-Monitors, put a Creative SoundBlaster Z in my Desktop and now I'm able to run DCS-W with Helios in windowed mode with about 50 - 60 fps.

So no need to put your time in my problem, Peter.

GeForce GTX 780

Creative Sound Blaster Z

Logitech G19S

Thrustmaster MFCD-Bevels

1 x Samsung T27B300

2 x ASUS VW224

• 4 weeks later...

dcs crash

hi

i downloaded the 2.08 x64 sotth file and placed the d3d9.dll in the executable directory. using the softth config tool this is what i get

While my *.lua file is as follows

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Remy');

Description = 'Configuration with 3 identical monitors each with its own camera'

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.33;

},

Center =

{

x = 1280;

y = 0;

width = 1600;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.33;

},

Right =

{

x = 2880;

y = 0;

width = 1600;

height = 1200;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.33;

}

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

i have entered the resolution entered in the options is 4480x1200 (i used letter x) and when i launch eg instant action it crashes. i am desperate for any help please.

1120847162_softth(800x555).jpg.e5448f6e9138400b2877bb5801e700c2.jpg

Edited by atomdude