Su27 Tutorials

Revientor

New serie of videos in my channel about the Su27!!!

Do not forget activate the english subtiteles

ramp start

navegation

landing

Autopilot

Autopilot Landing

Radar Tutorial

IRST Mode

A2A MISSILES EMPLOYOMENT

Su27 combined radar

Su27 Cannon AA Tutorial

SPO-10 RwR Su27

su27 acm radar modes

Edited by Revientor

Excellent tutorials :thumbup:

One comment I would make is that unlike most western aircraft each engine on the Su-27 has its own turbine starter, so simultaneous engine starts are possible. I don't know if this is normal procedure with the actual Su-27 as I presume that the engines each control separate generators and hydraulic systems, but as far as I'm aware starting both engines together is permissible.

Great work though :thumbup:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Just a bit of misinformation in the landing tutorial as well. You do get both circles in ILS (PRMG) when the system is available for the runway. There are only 6 (IIRC) in the Caucasus. Not sure about the other maps. Otherwise you get the single circle that usually brings you to the center of the runway.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Just a bit of misinformation in the landing tutorial as well. You do get both circles in ILS (PRMG) when the system is available for the runway. There are only 6 (IIRC) in the Caucasus. Not sure about the other maps. Otherwise you get the single circle that usually brings you to the center of the runway.

Thanks for pointing it out, I didnt knew that :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks for pointing it out, I didnt knew that :)
Yes, there are only a few runways that support the Russian "ILS" All the rest use the NATO system which the Russian aircraft don't support. If you look at the Mission Editor map, the frequency font for the Russian ILS is blue (I think that's the color). Thise are the runways that will give you the two circles.
Edited by Ironhand

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

NWS is not automatica in the sim, it must be activated as far As I know

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

NWS is not automatica in the sim, it must be activated as far As I know

Only when you cold start. Any start that has the engine running has NWS already engaged

_____

OK, here's the list of Caucasus airfields:

WITH RUSSIAN ILS:

Krymsk: 04 & 22.

Krasnodar Center: 09 only.

Maykop: 04 only.

Mozdok: 08 & 26.

No other runways have Russian ILS.

Ironhand - yes, the ILS beacon frequencies are shown in blue on the map.

Edited by DarkFire
Wrong information

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

• 2 weeks later...
thanks for all your replies ;) good info there

ILS Demo video

Nice. A bit fast intercepting the glide slope, but this was a great illustration of what happens if you accurately follow the ILS down: you land successfully. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...