Facebook Wireless Oculus Rift Announcement

Backy 51

Hmm interesting...

Not sure how that would fit for what we do with high end PC gaming.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Rubbish.

Agreed. Obviously this device is not going to compete with the Rift or the Vive since it won't support PC gaming.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rubbish.

That's true - I wish Facebook would continue to support the Rift technology and announce the CV2 soon. Instead they announce something else - and want to make it big.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

That's true - I wish Facebook would continue to support the Rift technology and announce the CV2 soon. Instead they announce something else - and want to make it big.

There really has been nothing to suggest they will not continue to move forward with the high end Rift tech. They have stated already in the past the next generation will likely be in 2019, focusing on things like eye tracking, foveated rendering, better hand controls, higher resolution. They did purchase an eye tracking company some time ago.

Oculus Connect will be happening in October, hopefully then we will get a glimpse maybe of what is to come for the Rift.

I personally think FB is just increasing their footprint in the overall VR market.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You don't have a CV1?

A friend let me try it out for a weekend sometime around Christmas last year and I didn't like it (enough to buy it) for DCS. My main reasons for that: I felt the resolution is too low for simming.

I bought a PSVR in Janurary that even has a slightly lower resolution, but for the games I play on the PS4 that is not a big deal. RE7 was a blast to play in VR.

Maybe I would have bought a Rift @450 EUR and not the PSVR, if the price cut had happened back then, but now I'll just wait for the next generation of VR Headsets with better resolution and a wider FOV. And thus I would very much like FB to continue full steam with the Rift development.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

A friend let me try it out for a weekend sometime around Christmas last year and I didn't like it (enough to buy it) for DCS. My main reasons for that: I felt the resolution is too low for simming.

I can operate the A-10C in VR without being compromised. I can read every instrument and the HUD no problem. You probably didn't have it setup properly or you have eye issues.

Indeed tintifaxl, the resolution and FOV are not exactly optimal right now, but even so, the immersion you get with the Rift still warrants buying one I feel.

The next gen, hopefully, will improve performance and give higher resolutions in a wider angled display. Cordless would be a huge improvement too.

The only question is when they'll be launched.

I can't see this device they have announced ever being something of interest to flight simmers though.

Rift+DCS=Game Changer:megalol::joystick::pilotfly::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Really?

The company plans to begin briefing content makers, such as video game designers, on the device by October so that the product’s application store could launch with compatible games, one of the people said. The downloads store will be re-written and accessible from the virtual reality interface itself, this person said.

So compatible just with this device, like apps?

Nowhere in that statement does it indicate PC games. Wireless video at 90 plus FPS is not very practical, at the moment.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I so wanted to quote you C .:megalol::thumbup::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol: