[RESOLVED]DCS 1.5.7 stutters heavily unit related

good to know guys, We maybe on to something with the air defence units, I will continue to narrow it down and ED are looking as well.

YOU are our " Ground Crew HERO " :pilotfly:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be said that the performance of 1.5.7 elsewhere is really great !

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• ED Team

Another track to test

this time only the larger SAM units, I still see stutter here, so I may be narrowing it down hopefully

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
With this track, FPS 200>80 every 3s.

thanks, that is what I am seeing.

I have had a chat with USSR Rik from the ED team and we will be taking a closer look at this tomorrow.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Confirmed, also i lost performance in this new version 1.5.7 around a 40 FPS loss.

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

When I start this MIZ on my Server as dedicated machine with 3D-Renderer OFF it cames to an complete halt.

After an roleback to 1.5.6 it runs like a charm :cry:

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

When I start this MIZ on my Server as dedicated machine with 3D-Renderer OFF it cames to an complete halt.

After an roleback to 1.5.6 it runs like a charm :cry:

Try waiting for a while, the BlueFlag server took a lot longer to start than normal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

thanks, that is what I am seeing.

I have had a chat with USSR Rik from the ED team and we will be taking a closer look at this tomorrow.

+1 to the ED team!

Edited by BIGNEWY
removed off topic

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• ED Team

guys dont go off topic.

Bugs happen, DCS is complex, this is a amazing time for DCS with lots of changes, sometimes it is impossible to catch everything in a short time especially when patches come fast.

Anyway, please leave this thread for the bug report.

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

My large mission, Dynamic Caucasus, 1/2 the units have AI off (unless a player goes near them, 0 air AI units, 1100 something ground units, it stutters pretty bad, but the helicopters it stutters the worst, any helicopter, 90 fps, 1, 90 fps , 1 every second or so. I see it happening in the jets but its not really noticeable, my mission spawns almost every single ground unit in the game, in random positions, random groups around their respective bases (except the new wwii ones).

Just want to let you know my findings since this map and its setup was perfect before this update

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

• ED Team
My large mission, Dynamic Caucasus, 1/2 the units have AI off (unless a player goes near them, 0 air AI units, 1100 something ground units, it stutters pretty bad, but the helicopters it stutters the worst, any helicopter, 90 fps, 1, 90 fps , 1 every second or so. I see it happening in the jets but its not really noticeable, my mission spawns almost every single ground unit in the game, in random positions, random groups around their respective bases (except the new wwii ones).

Just want to let you know my findings since this map and its setup was perfect before this update

Attach the mission, I would like to take a look and see if I can isolate the cause

I experience Microstutters trough out the flight and larger one second stutters in intervals, most noticeably when flying the Fishbed but the peculiar thing is that I did not have those microstutters in the latest open beta update. After installing the stable latest version those microstutters showed up. tried all suggestions already available..no effect. Then I removed both beta and stable, downloaded the beta again and the microstutters were suddenly present on the Open beta also :/ I only put my ac on the map with no other air or ground units.

• ED Team
I experience Microstutters trough out the flight and larger one second stutters in intervals, most noticeably when flying the Fishbed but the peculiar thing is that I did not have those microstutters in the latest open beta update. After installing the stable latest version those microstutters showed up. tried all suggestions already available..no effect. Then I removed both beta and stable, downloaded the beta again and the microstutters were suddenly present on the Open beta also :/ I only put my ac on the map with no other air or ground units.

your issue sounds like a general stutter problem, not related to this particular mission related bug.

@bignewy are you willing to look at a mission that is loaded with scripts? It has a socket tcp server in the mission and the GameGUI socket server (tested it without it being connected, same stutter), generates around 1100 units (using moose SPAWN function randomizing through templates to create a truly random encounter at each base/farp), with the AI turned off until a user enters a zone they are connected to (then they turn on), CTLD with every ground unit almost to spawn from. Takes a little bit to get it working because you need to edit your MissionScripting.lua filt to allow file access so it can get its state from the file (the bases people take are persistant between reboots), it will take a little bit of effort to make it run. Its great fun, best ground game - I gave an earlier version to Rik a while ago when we were having the crashing issue that lasted for a month (which is thankfully fixed).

The socket server is to get my external engine dynamicdcs.com:8080 to work. It exports the entire amount of units 2x a sec and have a lua pcal input to run any lua command I want. External server is nodeJs and frontend it angular. works great, I know its not causing the issue because when I disconnect, the stutters are still there and ONLY on the helicopters, the planes are not noticeable even though I see the framerate surging still.

The mission is quite the test for the game engine because it uses almost every asset in some way or form (except flying AI atm (with the exception of refueling tankers))

Edited by Drexx

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

• ED Team
@bignewy are you willing to look at a mission that is loaded with scripts? It has a socket tcp server in the mission and the GameGUI socket server (tested it without it being connected, same stutter), generates around 1100 units (using moose SPAWN function randomizing through templates to create a truly random encounter at each base/farp), with the AI turned off until a user enters a zone they are connected to (then they turn on), CTLD with every ground unit almost to spawn from. Takes a little bit to get it working because you need to edit your MissionScripting.lua filt to allow file access so it can get its state from the file (the bases people take are persistant between reboots), it will take a little bit of effort to make it run. Its great fun, best ground game - I gave an earlier version to Rik a while ago when we were having the crashing issue that lasted for a month (which is thankfully fixed).

The socket server is to get my external engine dynamicdcs.com:8080 to work. It exports the entire amount of units 2x a sec and have a lua pcal input to run any lua command I want. External server is nodeJs and frontend it angular. works great, I know its not causing the issue because when I disconnect, the stutters are still there and ONLY on the helicopters, the planes are not noticeable even though I see the framerate surging still.

The mission is quite the test for the game engine because it uses almost every asset in some way or form (except flying AI atm (with the exception of refueling tankers))

Sure I am happy to take a look, I might find something but no promises :)

post it in a new thread if you wish or send me a link in a PM

your issue sounds like a general stutter problem, not related to this particular mission related bug.

Hey Big! Even if he states he didnt have stutter in the open beta?

Anyway, is there any news about a possible fix? Its close to unplayable right now :cry:

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

ED is working on it. You can do a rollback with the process outlined in this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3193001&postcount=1

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• ED Team
Hey Big! Even if he states he didnt have stutter in the open beta?

Anyway, is there any news about a possible fix? Its close to unplayable right now :cry:

There seems to be various reason for stutter currently. I would be happy to take a look at anyone's issue, just give me a short track showing the problem so I have something to work with and compare.

Only news is the bug report has been made and the team are looking into it.

There seems to be various reason for stutter currently. I would be happy to take a look at anyone's issue, just give me a short track showing the problem so I have something to work with and compare.

Only news is the bug report has been made and the team are looking into it.

Had a wild hair to give 1.5.7 another shot after taking advantage of that tempting sale.

Report. Gazelle campaign Operation Dixmude runs great. Steady 65-75 fps sitting on the ground waiting to start up. 95-100 with a touch of altitude, capping out the refresh rate of my 100hz monitor.

F15C-Beartrap campaign on the other hand, as soon as I start the first mission I receive constant frame dipping being described in this thread. I also expeirenced it on the second mission, and the first time it happened before reverted to 1.5.6 after some trouble shooting steps that restarted my campaings, I was on the mission after one that had you fly WP 4-11 low and slow through a valley to take out an A-50. (sorry for not being specific but i've flown the described mission so many times it's easier to remember the briefing) I'm silghtly confident that pretty much the entire f-15c beartrap campaign will demonstrate this stutter.

I'm only hopeful that showing the gazelle mission working fine, vs the f-15c mission running not so well will help any investigation. Both before updating to 1.5.7 and after reverting back to 1.5.6, I had no issues like this whatsoever no matter what campaign I flew.

Track and screenshot of current settings included. If you'd like a track of the gazelle mission let me know. I'm trying to figure out how to get it below 5mb >.<

*edit* So far, this hasn't happened on any of the stock single player missions/campaigns I've played for the Ka-50, Gazelle, Viggen. Only the F-15C Beartrap Campaign. I'm sure I will eventually hop in some of the other FC3 campaigns and check them out.. as well as maybe test the F-15 in some of the non campaign missions or on a map by itself. I'll probably end up checking out all of my modules and try them out in various missions/campaigns to see if it's anywhere else.

**edit** - have jumped into the first mission of several campaigns for su-27, a-10c, mig-29s just to sit on the runway to see what happens. It all runs smooth, even when I'm on the ground and only getting 50-60 fps it's steady and smooth, although that only happened to me in the a-10c GH+CA campaign sitting parked when I looked right at a group of vehicles. . I also tested one of the stock F-15c missions that is not a part of the Beartrap campaign and it ran fine too.

So far personally I'm only running into this on the various missions of the F-15C Beartrap campaign I've experienced in 1.5.7. The one f-15c beartrap mission I flew in entirety in 1.5.7, the entire mission performed this way, not just sitting on the tarmac. I don't know if that excludes it from being in range of any certain units.. but considering everything seems normal in pretty much every other mission I've played, whatever's causing this seems to be common in the F-15C campaign. Which has me curious what units or scripts the f-15c campaign has that none of the other stock campaigns seem to include. More digging than I'd like to do at the moment however.

Screen_170715_211236.thumb.jpg.9d5da5f87d0ba192924170dbef5f2009.jpg

f-15cbeartrap.trk

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

• ED Team
@All: Has the root cause of this problem been identified?

The ED team are working on the problem and that is all I can share at the moment.