Flankertraining.com closing

Ironhand

I've been going to the site since 2010, it's really helped me become a better Flanker operator. Thank you so much for the effort and time that you've dedicated on the webpage to the community. I will definitely sub to the youtube channel and anxiously await further content.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Rich,

I've been frequenting your site since you were uploading training tracks for Flanker 2. Closing the site is understandable with the evolution of streaming media, but take solace knowing that you anchored this community for the past 20 years!

Best,

HF

Thank you, Rich. A great service indeed and I've learnt a lot from you. Cheers!

Can you upload all those videos that were on the site to your YouTube channel? I know you have done some, but all of them would be pretty nice!

Rich.I remember the fantastic immersion and magic it was to fly your "Crimea Sight Seeing" mission in LOMAC.I enjoyed the history and points of interest you created so much I must have flown it a 1000 times.

I hope that when The Long awaited DCS F/A-18C is released that will drag you back to the sim again for "Hornet Training"???? Hehe!!! Thank You Sir for all you have done/created for this Sim.

Patrick

mini.gif

Thanks Bud, the series of tutorial s you put up there are what broke me through the barrier of dabbling in DCS to actually gaining proficiency in some of the aspects. I still refer to the videos from time to time - most recently within the last month come to think!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Rich.I remember the fantastic immersion and magic it was to fly your "Crimea Sight Seeing" mission in LOMAC.I enjoyed the history and points of interest you created so much I must have flown it a 1000 times...

I had a lot of fun creating that one, too. And still watch it from time to time myself. :) I was going to make a similar video for the Caucasus map but very quickly realized that our current map has none of the "sense of place" that the Crimea map came to have. So I dropped it. I'm hoping the new map will correct some of that. The architecture, etc in the Caucasus region is fascinating because of the various cultural influences in the region.

Not to mention the geography. There are ancient calderas, cinder cones, hot mud springs and a bunch of other stuff in the region. They're actually on the map but the overlaying textures disguise them. You have to know what you're looking at to recognize what you're actually seeing. Again, maybe the new map will fix some of that.

Thanks Bud, the series of tutorial s you put up there are what broke me through the barrier of dabbling in DCS to actually gaining proficiency in some of the aspects. I still refer to the videos from time to time - most recently within the last month come to think!

:) Wonderful to hear. Keep enjoying the sim.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 1 month later...

I took the time to check it out, or what's left of it, I'm much recently around here so I never knew about it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071012035928/http://flankertraining.com:80/ironhand/flightbasics.htm

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Thanks Ironhand. Your site and videos proved invaluable during my early days in Lockon and Flaming Cliffs. So many great tutorials like Surviving the Duel and Outmaneuvering SAM's. Well constructed videos that were easy to listen to, follow and understand. So thanks again for your passion and dedication.

Intel i7-8700K | Asus Maximus X Formula | Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Gainward Phoenix GTX1070 GLH | Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 1 x 250GB OS & 1 x 500GB Games | Corsair RM750x 750W | Corsair Carbide Air 540| Win10 | Dell 27" 1440p 60Hz | Custom water loop: CPU EK-Supremacy EVO, GPU EK-GTX JetStream - Acetal+Nickel & Backplate, Radiator EK-Coolstream PE 360, Pump & Res EK-XRES 140 Revo D5, Fans 3 x EK-Vardar 120mm & 2 x Corsair ML140 140mm

I took the time to check it out, or what's left of it, I'm much recently around here so I never knew about it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071012035928/http://flankertraining.com:80/ironhand/flightbasics.htm

Never realized such a site existed. Interesting. :) Gone but not quite gone.

And, again, thank you all for your kind words.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

@Ironhand, can you upload all the videos from that flankertraining website to the YouTube channel. Its still helpful.

Most things that still apply to FC3 are already there: Flankertraining on YouTube

_____

Most things that still apply to FC3 are already there: Flankertraining on YouTube

Yes, some are there, I miss the others though like the the one where you land a Su25A in bad weather using only instruments, the visual landing at Sochi with the 25T, the visual landing with a MiG-29, the SAM avoidance training with the A-10A, and my eternal favourite the one with Brzl takes on the F-16s and the transport or awacs using only EOS and then scooting home. Also, Chris Warren's pop-up attack video. All of them are just great videos and it would be really great if you can upload them to your new YouTube channel. I was to download all of them before you took the site down.

If you don't want to upload them to YouTube, maybe upload them to some free online cloud storage so that we can at least download them? Pretty please :cry:

Yes, some are there, I miss the others though like the the one where you land a Su25A in bad weather using only instruments, the visual landing at Sochi with the 25T, the visual landing with a MiG-29, the SAM avoidance training with the A-10A, and my eternal favourite the one with Brzl takes on the F-16s and the transport or awacs using only EOS and then scooting home. Also, Chris Warren's pop-up attack video. All of them are just great videos and it would be really great if you can upload them to your new YouTube channel. I was to download all of them before you took the site down.

If you don't want to upload them to YouTube, maybe upload them to some free online cloud storage so that we can at least download them? Pretty please :cry:

:) Ahhh... I see. Some are just a trip down memory lane but no problem. I'll upload them. Just have to dig them out of my backup files. Unfortunately the video quality will suck in comparison to what I can put out these days.

Teknetinium,

You're quite welcome. I'm still learning myself.

_____

Thank you comrade Ironhand. I really don't care about the video quality. As you say, I want it for that nostalgic feeling. Plus, its always nice to show it to newcomers so that they understand the nitty gritty and nobody explains it better than you. :thumbup:

It's sad to see this site close. Flankertraining.com is the first place I heard about L.O.M.A.C. I had only just gotten my first computer and the internet at my house ( instead of the public computers at the Local Library ) and when I searched for simulators, this was the first site that changed my life. Thank you for changing my life. :)

Ironhand, I learned a ton from your videos and I've always found them both helpful and approachable. You also helped me out here in these forums. In fact, I'm not sure I would have figured out how to get a kill in the F-15 had it not been for some good advice you gave me some time ago. I've referenced you in several of my own videos to try to help people get more information than I can provide if they want it. Thanks again and I look forward to more of your extremely informative videos on YouTube. Cheers!

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spasticatedtoad and 311Gryphon,

Thank you. It's gratifying to know the impact I've had. Comments such as yours always catch me by surprise.

Kunz,

Three of those oldies but goodies are now up on YT. More will come over the next week or so. Video quality is not the best but...

_____