PAPI or VASI light don't work

Hello,

My DCS is 1.5.6.4818 Update 3 "Stable" but the VASI or PAPI of Batumi don't work.

During the final approach and by night impossible to see the light of VASI or PAPI, is it normal or not ?

Here two screenshots of Batumi without lights of VASI:

822113Screen170430233836.jpg

896255Screen170430233944.jpg

A great thanks in advance, Skull.

For community benefit.........

There is another thread about all this stuff and it all comes down to "THE MERGE" folks everything is either in PRE or ALPHA or BETA meaning not in finished state.

I think its premature to report this kinda stuff, but feel free to do so or even delete my post if necessary but I felt to reply to help the current situation.

Lots of rework will be getting done to the sim anyhow from what I have read after "THE MERGE", as this sim was released back in 1991 and being modernized from ground up.

Its just the way it is for now you can make a bug report for it but they already know the state of each product its been brought up before.

Edited by BIGNEWY
removed deleted quote

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

• 2 months later...

Please, please, please..... this is the most annoying bug. This has been broken for a crazy amount of time. ED please fix!!! This ruins lots of enjoyment from the sim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I've lost count how many disappointed break off approaches because I'm either too high or falling like the space shuttle. Also with all the airframes I've destroyed with tail strikes and collapsed gear.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Wraith: That is why we have separate Alpha, Beta and Release versions. The Release version is not a Beta. That is what the Beta is for, and people should continue to report any bugs they find regardless of how annoying it might be for some.

PAPI or VASI light don't work

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but the PAPI lights are there. They are just not projecting in the correct direction. If you overfly Batumi from the east at a certain point they are viewable and, of course, all white. Not sure if that is the case for all other visual systems located at other airfields.

On another note, I understand the purpose of Beta and Alpha, but it seems the the priorities of bug fixes are going to really small items like a missile flying sideways, or a bolt missing on a launcher. Also adding content when current content has numerous bugs already. Come on guys.....

Edited by Eagle7907

Please, please, please..... this is the most annoying bug. This has been broken for a crazy amount of time. ED please fix!!! This ruins lots of enjoyment from the sim!

+1

Also this has nothing to do with "the merge" - as mentioned above, lights are there but projecting in the wrong direction. Pls fix it already, it's been ages

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

Hello,

Found references to these in this file:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\terrains\Nevada\Models\AirfieldsLights\AirfieldsLights.ref.m5

Doesn't seem editable to me, but hopefully they will someday fix it. Don't hold your breath and your time sounds like it should be spent practicing landings instead. If you can't land without these crutches, you need to go back to ground school and that is a fact.

good luck,

Hello,

Found references to these in this file:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\terrains\Nevada\Models\AirfieldsLights\AirfieldsLights.ref.m5

Doesn't seem editable to me, but hopefully they will someday fix it. Don't hold your breath and your time sounds like it should be spent practicing landings instead. If you can't land without these crutches, you need to go back to ground school and that is a fact.

good luck,

I think you need to go over what I said before, but I'll make it easier for you. I said I have done many aborted approaches and lots of frustration because ED keeps putting this on the back burner. No where did I say I can't land. Fact that!

Don't give me the "a good pilot can land without anything" BS. You know very well that you would get many other sensations and input sources from the real thing. DCS isn't full motion, and I certainly can't afford the 180 degree projector display that you have at home.