Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

By editing the quote you missed the two points or i wasn't clear enough :)

AWACS - Not going to be feasible for now due to spawning issues (where to spawn and respawn) and lag issues, plus spammy calls over radio. Forget AWACS :)

Ground Based Radar - Works for RED but not yet proven to work for ALL Blue Airframes including F15 & other Hi fidelity aircraft in Multiplayer for clients, not just the Host.

As I said - It requires internal testing and more info before we can make a call on it - Which wont be till Sunday at the earliest so please be patient with us :)

VentZer0 - Sent me a PM and has tested F15 on Blue with ground radar in single player, which didnt used to work. That is promising, as it used to be hardcoded to not work in DCS but the test is, as I said - All fighter Airframes, for Blue, as Clients in multiplayer, with no lag / rubber banding working with Ground Radar.

If it doesnt work then RED get Datalink plus AI GCI and BLUE get partial AI GCI which isn't really workable.

Thanks for the info and the hard work!

I was actually planting a seed for a later round. Maybe for a later round, I'd look at that bomber script you use. Could it be modified to spawn an awacs when one is shot down?

Other servers seem to utilize awacs without issue, but I know your server is unique... the 104th has a similar setup with moving vehicles as well. I wonder what they are doing differently and if there is something we could leverage at BF.

All thoughts for another round!

Thank you for your hard work on this round!

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VentZer0 - Sent me a PM and has tested F15 on Blue with ground radar in single player, which didnt used to work. That is promising, as it used to be hardcoded to not work in DCS but the test is, as I said - All fighter Airframes, for Blue, as Clients in multiplayer, with no lag / rubber banding working with Ground Radar.

If it doesnt work then RED get Datalink plus AI GCI and BLUE get partial AI GCI which isn't really workable.

Okay, so I tested this alone as HOST on my own server and it works for FC3 aircraft (me being the host)

Placed the EWR 1L13 on the ground one for red (russian) one for blue (ukraine) and placed blu f15, su27, m2kc + red su27, mig29, m2kc ... and placed a red and blue transport plane as bogeys.

Except for both m2kc's all FC3 planes heard BRA calls AFTER they asked for a picture.

Since the BF TS is down I need someone to be my test hamster in the wheel and connect as a client and see if the ground radar gives calls to clients too.

Who's up for it right now? Please join my TS3 : 193.192.58.188:2332

Until 1600hrs CET, afterwards I'm gone til late night

Edited by VentZer0

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah I guess it is a freq issue, I don't know which the right one would be.

Did you try calling twice ?

Despite the correct freq set sometimes it doesnt work the first time around with JTAC at least...

If that doesnt work its probably somehow not propagated via the built in radio system.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Ground Based Radar - Works for RED but not yet proven to work for ALL Blue Airframes including F15 & other Hi fidelity aircraft in Multiplayer for clients, not just the Host.

As I said - It requires internal testing and more info before we can make a call on it - Which wont be till Sunday at the earliest so please be patient with us :)

If you want to remove GCI calls you just set the EWR frequency to something unattainable such as 999am.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Okay, so I tested this alone as HOST on my own server and it works for FC3 aircraft (me being the host)

Placed the EWR 1L13 on the ground one for red (russian) one for blue (ukraine) and placed blu f15, su27, m2kc + red su27, mig29, m2kc ... and placed a red and blue transport plane as bogeys.

Except for both m2kc's all FC3 planes heard BRA calls AFTER they asked for a picture.

Since the BF TS is down I need someone to be my test hamster in the wheel and connect as a client and see if the ground radar gives calls to clients too.

Who's up for it right now? Please join my TS3 : 193.192.58.188:2332

Until 1600hrs CET, afterwards I'm gone til late night

Okay I just tested this aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

IT WORKS client able to ask for bogey dope and picture and got the information.

If you want to remove GCI calls you just set the EWR frequency to something unattainable such as 999am.

How do I set the freq, then I can check if the Mirage can ask for bogey dope if I know that I am on the correct freq.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So what would be the point of having a human GCI if we were to implement datalinks and AI GCI calls?

A gci would see more. AI GCI would be turned off as frostie said above. Also the gci can prioritize much better than ai. Have you used ai when there is more than 4 aircraft in same area? Its almost useless.

What would be awesome, if awacs would be added. The gci then would get better picture of battle. I think awacs causes lag though. None of us want that.

As I said last night - DL - it's not happening without further testing internally. That requires time which is limited until Sunday at the earliest.

Spent two hours sorting out Farps and chopper loadouts last night instead as that's a bit more important as helicopters couldn't rearm or refuel.

BF is currently almost lag free compared to how it used to be, we don't want to jeopardise this as otherwise everyone loses.

So far for multiplayer - DL is only enabled​ when there is a EWR with its EWR task or an Awacs.

Awacs is out - lag, radio spam and spawning are all issues so that's a no go.

Ground radar - gives RED a working AI GCI as well as DL, but not BLUE which is unfair and possibly causes lag as well.

DL is not disabled - it just doesn't work in multiplayer without one of the two units above.

If you have more info on DL in *multiplayer* - please point me to it as we need more info in a PM

Client aircraft in the same group is also out as that'll break all radio commands and messages.

Hopefully you can see we're not just being dicks, trying to nerf anything or favour Blue ( I usually fly Red) - we're just trying to keep everything working well. Putting this together and keeping it running is an incredible amount of work and requires a lot of research.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Captured Chikola FARP, repaired it, landed at the actual helipad FARP area where you can "Re-arm and refuel" powered off my helicopter and opened the doors... Used radio command and got "Requesting Refuel" "Request re-arm" never got a copy from the ground crew/nothing happens.

Captured Chikola FARP, repaired it, landed at the actual helipad FARP area where you can "Re-arm and refuel" powered off my helicopter and opened the doors... Used radio command and got "Requesting Refuel" "Request re-arm" never got a copy from the ground crew/nothing happens.

This has happened in previous rounds too at airbases. No idea what causes it though. At a farp it could be the rearm and refill assets are not present?

Were all the ground vehicles present very close to the farp?

I tested and it only worked when chopper had batteries on, radio selector set to INT (assuming Huey) then radio menu making sure it says intercom in top right. Doors open as well just to be sure.

Units are correct as i tested one farp for red, then blue with units and copied the whole lot to all other farps

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Wait. You all flew su27 for two nights and then everyone bought the Mirage. I know this, I was flying every night with you learning the Viggen. Pand has his struggles with the su27 documented on Twitch...

Hmmmm....

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why wouldn't anyone trying an aircraft for the very first time have struggles? That's not attributed to the flaccid inferior cannon fodder it's being made out to be here.

To get more Su27's in the air the Mirage needs to have it's fuel drained, slots reduced, and spawn pushed back. Problem solved.

I have no words... This wont make anyone fly the Su-27 again, it will make everyone fly blue.

I cant even comprehend how you can to this conclusion. Complete loss of words.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have no words... This wont make anyone fly the Su-27 again, it will make everyone fly blue.

I cant even comprehend how you can to this conclusion. Complete loss of words.

...apply this to both teams.

While you're predicting the future can I have next week's Lottery numbers?

...apply this to both teams.

While you're predicting the future can I have next week's Lottery numbers?

The issue for blue is not really that no one flies the f15. That's only for red because blue has both of the best aircraft in the game. If you make the mirage inconvenient for both sides and then you are stuck with su-27 vs f-15 then why not just pick blue? You are still going to meet mirage after this. Literally no point of playing red then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The issue for blue is not really that no one flies the f15. That's only for red because blue has both of the best aircraft in the game. If you make the mirage inconvenient for both sides and then you are stuck with su-27 vs f-15 then why not just pick blue? You are still going to meet mirage after this. Literally no point of playing red then.

I'm beginning to think you guys just plain don't like this game very much or it's just not for you.

You keep trying to argue and convince me that my opinion is wrong at everything I say as if I'm the one you need to convince to get what you want.

I'm beginning to think you guys just plain don't like this game very much or it's just not for you.

You keep trying to argue and convince me that my opinion is wrong at everything I say as if I'm the one you need to convince to get what you want.

Ditto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]