Change in SLI? v1.5

SharpeXB

Did DCS change recently with regard to SLI?

In both v1.2 and 1.5 I could see both GPUs being utilized about equally

now just recently I notice one is only being used maybe 7% and the other one higher, maybe 60-80% so something has changed in one of the recent updates. I don't notice any performance loss though. I'm getting a constant 60fps regardless (DX11 is smooth!)

I haven't tried Nevada yet though and I figure that will tax both GPUs very hard

So what changed with SLI?

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

i got a GTX 980Ti and was wondering if when the price comes down when the new GPUs are released this year would it be worth picking up a second for an SLI set up.

Cant answer your question dude but Ive seen many people complain about this and have problems with SLI which puts me off the idea of buying a second GPU tbh due to the fact that game devs for some reason dont seem to utilize or support the second card and as you seem to be experiencing some games will just ignore one of the cards.

I dont know why this is but would imagine its because the card companies demand this of the gaming companies. They dont want you buying an old cheaper card and having the same set up as you would with a newer more expensive system. Otherwise I cant think why people have these problems!

Just a conspircy theory but who knows!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

I had two 980ti's and sold one because i was sick and tired of the compatibility issues regarding SLI.

With DCS i never saw any performance increase with both GPU's in an SLI configuration.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

SLi is an Aspect of EDGE Still being worked on.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Every other game I run SLI with will use both cards at the same %

DCS used to too until just recently. Maybe since just the last patch.

I haven't ever run a test to figure what benefit it is in DCS but other games benefit for certain. With a 4K screen it's a necessity.

DCS still seems to perform well. I get 60 FPS at 3840x2160 with everything set on max except Visibility range which is on high. It uses the cards at maybe 20/70

Certain situations are governed by the CPU in this and other sims so no graphics card or SLI will make a difference there. Try the ground start of the FC3 Blockade mission and look to your left.

Even with the new EDGE engine your frame rate will plunge down to 20-30 FPS.

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5