Install Question with new computer. I just loaded 1.5 and then 2.0 - Now reregister!

tothesky

OK so I got a new computer and go to the DCS 1.5 since hey its not Alpha Beta. I load in my modules except for one and think, owell ill let it upgrade to 2.0 Alpha. Now I have two DCS World installs on my desktop and the 2.0 version want me to install all the modules again and I would assume re register those too! I redo OS every 2 - 3 years. My BS activation's are getting low.

What would you do? Did I do something wrong?

OK These are different installs and we do not combine them. I think I will concentrate on 1.5 for now and wait until2.0 is sorted and we have official instructions to make the leap up to 2.0

I had 1.5 on my computer before and wanted Nevada Red Flag. Trioed downloading 2.0 Alpha and it wouldn't allow me to load 2.0 until I removed 1.5. I downloaded 1.5 again, bu haven't unzipped it because it says it is already loaded on my computer meaning 2.0. So question is how are you having 1.5 and 2.0 on your computer at the same time? Are you placing one into a different directory, because mine keeps trying to place in same directory. I did a browse and tried loading that way and noting, so what would be a good path to load 1.5 back on my system without removing 2.0?

Thanks

completely separate installs, do not combine them.

They run independently even the settings and controls are seperate

Edited by BIGNEWY
tidy up formatting

• ED Team

Yes separate installs, which can all be found here

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

eventually 1.5 and 2.0 will become a single install, ED are working hard on it currently

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2