[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

I'm on vacation and can't check it right now, but I think it was the same with all the ww2 planes.

Sent fra min D5503 via Tapatalk

Ok, enjoy your vacation. Maybe I can reproduce your 'issue'/finding

This may have been asked and answered before but I couldn't find it.

When flying the F-15 I don't feel any effect in normal flight. Unless in afterburner or some of the other listed effects (which all seem to work) I feel nothing.

Is there something I am missing so I can feel the engines running in normal operation? Such as right at start-up. On a long straight flight I forget the jetseat is even there. Especially compared to when flying the Huey.

I've turned up and down the gain levels on everything to experiment but I get nothing. Maybe the F-15 is a real smooth ride IRL.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post the question.

Thank you

You were on vacation so I am bumping the post:

I think SimShaker is fantastic.

Flying the Huey with SSA is very alive. Especially in VR obviously.

I new to DCS and VR and SSA but is the amount of no effect time with the F-15 proportionate with other jets?

Respectfully

It may be the way I have it set up.

It may be me expecting too much. Which I don't think do.

I only have two mods.

The Huey which shakes me out of my seat (which I love)

And the F-15 which even in AB is mild.

Just wasn't sure if I have something set up wrong.

It may be the way I have it set up.

I only have two mods.

The Huey which shakes me out of my seat (which I love)

And the F-15 which even in AB is mild.

Just wasn't sure if I have something set up wrong.

edited:

I don't precisely know what I meant by no effect time..when I don't feel anything?

How about when the jets spool up should I feel that in SSA?

Again respectfully

Edited by Pizmo
add

Did you turn up the JetSeat effect strength and run a message from the Gametrix JetSeat application? This is the maximum amount of 'punch' the seat can provide.

With the SimShaker for Aviators application you can then control the relative strength. Which value do you use for the afterburner?

If the effect is still to weak, I use a bass shaker for more powerful effects ;)

He's not talking about weak shake effects. When you start the F15 engines, there is no shake. When you fly around normally, there is no shake. Only when you do some things, like engage burner, flaps, or gear, do you feel shake. When you stall, it shakes. But 90% of your flying time is without any shaking at all.

It would be nice if there was the occasional 'burble' when flying to simulate mild turbulence, like real flying. Some mild engine rumble when out of burner. Some gentle rumble when pulling G's. Perhaps some a2a refueling shakes for connect, fuel flow, etc.

I don't know if that is possible, maybe the telemetry from dcs doesn't allow it.

SSA is very good, but more constant shaking would be a nice option.

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

It would be nice if there was the occasional 'burble' when flying to simulate mild turbulence, like real flying. Some mild engine rumble when out of burner.

There is/should be engine rumble for the F15C. Maybe not activated? Maybe a bug for the F15C. I'm currently at work an cannot test, further I usually don't fly the FC3 planes and thus might miss some bugs...

Cheers

There is/should be engine rumble for the F15C. Maybe not activated? Maybe a bug for the F15C. I'm currently at work an cannot test, further I usually don't fly the FC3 planes and thus might miss some bugs...

Cheers

Engine rumble working well.But personally I don't like it because it will hide ther effects like stall or G. But turbulence effects can be nice.The only force not working for me soo far.But I think it's important for immersion.When you fly 15-20 min in auto pilot you fell nothing or while you take off or land you don't feel the turbulence.Whé I take off in a stormy day I would like the feel the turbulence, if it's possible obviously :)

But even without turbulence effects IT IS WONDERFULL. I can't play it without now.

Thank you again and again for your hardwork.Really...

Baris

He's not talking about weak shake effects. When you start the F15 engines, there is no shake. When you fly around normally, there is no shake. Only when you do some things, like engage burner, flaps, or gear, do you feel shake. When you stall, it shakes. But 90% of your flying time is without any shaking at all.

It would be nice if there was the occasional 'burble' when flying to simulate mild turbulence, like real flying. Some mild engine rumble when out of burner. Some gentle rumble when pulling G's. Perhaps some a2a refueling shakes for connect, fuel flow, etc.

I don't know if that is possible, maybe the telemetry from dcs doesn't allow it.

SSA is very good, but more constant shaking would be a nice option.

G effects are working well.You can even set a limit G to feel the effect.For exemple I set it to 3 G.Under I don't feel G effects.Otherwise G effects it's constant and can hide other effects.When I pull 8-9 G I can tell you it is not a gentil rumble you will feel :) Like I said before only Turbulence effect is not working and I am totally agree with you it can make a huge difference, again if it's not too much asking.

Again, even without turbulence effects I can play without SSA

Turbulence effects are in there as well but they require a fairly strong turbulence. Maybe I need to tweek the threshold for small planes a bit...

I am flying right now with F-15 and I have no turbulence effects.It's weird.I will try a custom time with lots of turbulence and try it again.Or maybe I must do a fresh install off SSA? I am currently using Beta version.

I am flying right now with F-15 and I have no turbulence effects.It's weird.I will try a custom time with lots of turbulence and try it again.Or maybe I must do a fresh install off SSA? I am currently using Beta version.

It should work. What turbulence settings are you using? Maybe crank it to max in the mission editor and see what happens...

Any news about xplane support? Thank you very much.

It is in development. Currently a bit busy with my daytime job and thus very limited...

Effectively it works and I loved it.Flying in a stromy winter time in dcs 2.0 with defered shadows on @night with Oculus IT IS WONDERFULL with turbulence effects :pilotfly:

There is only one small problem.I made a custom weather and put turbulence @ 100.(Max settings is 197) and It was good but normally game don't use that much high settings for turbulence and that's why I didn't feel anything. If there is a way to get the same effects when turbulence at 10-15???If it is unreal we can decrease the turbulence force strength in SSA settings.

Turbulence effect was first added for P3D. Maybe I need to adjust the values for DCS. Or even better, I'll add a threshold slider in the settings tab thus everyone can adjust it for them self...

Turbulence effect was first added for P3D. Maybe I need to adjust the values for DCS. Or even better, I'll add a threshold slider in the settings tab thus everyone can adjust it for them self...

Sliders would be really good :thumbup:

Thankyou!

7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Turbulence force in game is 0-197.After 50 I started to feel turbulence.100 was perfect :) And campaign missions give you about 0-30.I never saw a mission above 30 turbulence.So if we can feel the turbulence force at 30 like 60-100 it would be perfect.If it's too unreal for some people they can be reduce Turbulence forces in SSA.

If it's possible with slider so go for slider :)

Tnx again and again

We released a new beta!

Changelog 1.0.0.41:

- Parsing of udp messages in X-Plane module fixed

- Flap effect strength increased

- Ground effect/rolling updated

- Touchdown effect reworked

- Wheel blocking fixed in some DCS planes

- DCS winds converted from m/s to kts

- X-Plane pause detection added

- Various X-Plane bugs fixed

- DCS winds converted from m/s to kts

Interesting, what does this mean exactly for the user?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Interesting, what does this mean exactly for the user?

For turbulence effects.It was made for another game in kts but DCS use m/s for turbulence.Result:You don't feel the turbulence effects if there is some insane turbulence.

• Like 1