P-40

ivo

But now will happen to P-40 ?

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

It's as dead as VEAO and the Hawk.

More dead. At least some will still fly the Hawk, even it it takes running and old version of DCS. The P-40 may as well never have existed at all (like the rest of their pipe dream list of upcoming aircraft).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

what a pity a great plane my prefert....

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

I'm surprised less people talk about P-40. While I am not one of them, people have paid money for it many years ago, most of them didn't refund it, aaaand... well now they're essentially thrown their money down the drain :/

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Not many people bought it (compared to the Hawk) and even those who did, bought it on external VEAO site, so they don't have much reason to come here and expect compensation.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The keys are still in ED's database, so at least they are still somewhere. But i think we'll have to wait until ED sorted everything out legally etc.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

The keys are still in ED's database, so at least they are still somewhere. But i think we'll have to wait until ED sorted everything out legally etc.

I don't think ED has to sort something out with the P-40. It never was on sale by ED. Just on the VEAO site.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Yeah, I doubt that. Keys for what? A product that never existed? ED has zero involvement with the P-40. There's nothing for them to sort out.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I flew the P-40 at Duxford 2016. VEAO had a set-up there where they let anyone come by and take a spin with an Oculus. It was incredible, and my first anf only VR experience up until now. I am really stumped by how this all went down because, when I tested it it felt complete. Maybe there was some smoke and mirrors going on, but they claimed at that time it'd be out in 2016.

At the end of the day it's just a bummer because, the P-40 has to be my favorite bird. I just wish whatever work they had gotten done had been sold to a different team, or that the progress that had been made could be put forward by another dev. I really hope to see a P-40 in DCS.

Fire only at close range, and only when your opponent is properly in your sights.

-Hauptmann Oswald Boelcke, Jasta 2

Yeah, I doubt that. Keys for what? A product that never existed? ED has zero involvement with the P-40. There's nothing for them to sort out.

Not absolutely zero. You can bind them to your account so there is at least some (?) involvement there. Its not just "VEAO" sold them. Pretty sure it'll never be released but let's see what ED gets out of them. Im sure they are also a bit unhappy with the situation.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

VEAO could show some real class by donating the code and the work as is to the community. Then perhaps a group like the one doing A4E could publish as a MOD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

VEAO could show some real class by donating the code and the work as is to the community. Then perhaps a group like the one doing A4E could publish as a MOD.

ED already gave them a chance and they declined

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

VEAO and 'real class' simply don't match in my opinion.

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

They're selling their products in a different platform so I don't think they'll give away any source code to anyone.

People, it's a bummer and everybody is upset with this outcome but keeping the bashing here won't get it back.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

The community wouldn't be able to do anything with it, especially without the SDK. It's a lot more complicated than simply 'modding'. You can use 3d models as 'mods' right now, the guts behind it are a different matter.

As for the P-40 in general, your best bet would be to POLITELY seek recompense for the sim they released it to or plan to release it to.

ED already gave them a chance and they declined

Just guessing here but they probably would be embarrassed by sharing a mess of “bowl of spagetti” code.

And why enable any potential competitors...

I am happy that I was one of the lucky ones that did receive a refund.

Hopefully, one day soon these VEAO threads will go away and this mess will become a distant lessons learned memory.

Kinda getting sick of it, yet I contribute. Ha!!!!

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Just guessing here but they probably would be embarrassed by sharing a mess of “bowl of spagetti” code.

And why enable any potential competitors...

Or you know, there's some contractual stuff about IP thanks to BAe or MoD? (VEAO had to get permission to put the parking brake in the right place after all, amongst other things).

Not fighting their corner, but being realistic.

I know some of the projects I've worked on would likely have to have functionality removed (code deleted) if we were to actually give/sell the source to someone else, as the contracts for some of the 3rd party libs and api's are with the company and not the source code, and are also non transferrable.

@Buzzles

You must have missed the thread where the armchair lawyers insisted nobody is beholden to the IP holders or have to license with anybody but ED. Some guys on the internet adamantly insisted you can do whatever you want lol