HMS Hermes R12 Released V2.5

6 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

That bump or lip does/did exist on the ship, it was in the area where they replaced the cats and blast screens equipment from the deck when she was converted to the LPH role.  It was actually the thickness of about a 1/4 inch steel plate, a very visible join one plate on top of the other, not quite the rounded look I see in your image but it was definitely there. 

I tripped over it once or thrice !!!

Ha! That's awesome! 😀

In the game, it's way thicker than a quarter inch! Looks about a foot high.

5 hours ago, joey45 said:

How heavy are you and where are you starting from?

Full bomb load, 60% fuel. Starting from about halfway along the deck, maybe 300' from the bow according to the markings on the deck.

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

Then you are going to fast...
Either put in more full or start further forward or don't go as fast...

I can do a full bomb load and full fuel from around 400ft.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

And the bump that I showed in my photo doesn't upset your plane when you do that?

Again, I'm not having any issue taking off due to weight. Even if my plane is empty, I still hit that bump before the jump and get flung into the air. And my landing gear still hits the ski jump.

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Tr00p3r said:

Great work Joey, 

Is it ok to share pics and vids of HMS Hermes 1969?

Thanks..

Of course it is okey.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Hi Joey

I thought I would try this great mod again and see if after 2.7 updates it might work for me. It works a treat in SP but in MP when I host no one can join. They see the mission OK but nothing else. I have checked the install and all seems OK.

If anyone has any ideas or way of getting it on Multiplayer I would appreciate it.

Cheers

1 hour ago, tmansteve said:

Hi Joey

I thought I would try this great mod again and see if after 2.7 updates it might work for me. It works a treat in SP but in MP when I host no one can join. They see the mission OK but nothing else. I have checked the install and all seems OK.

If anyone has any ideas or way of getting it on Multiplayer I would appreciate it.

Cheers

The players attempting to join must also have the mod installed.  It’s not an issue with your setup, it’s with theirs.  

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thanks for quick reply. The others have the mod installed and the same version. Went through the download and install a few times. Will check again and hope I find the mistake.

Just a thought, can this mod run along side other mods? We only use a couple but could that have any impoact?

Cheers Guys

Edited by tmansteve

• 2 weeks later...

Really impressed by the AI deck behavior of the A-4 Skyhawks. Better than most of the other carriers in game.

Found all your older posts here. Mega talent.

The Flyco position, is that an F9 camera view like the cat views?

Thanks again for my favorite new carrier mod.

Be Well & Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the Harrier and played around with this one for a couple of times. Notice that when "start from runway", the aircraft is a bit too close to the ski ramp (for '81 version). I am not sure if this is correct. Also, if the loadout is heavier, it starts a bit closer to the stern but just a bit to the right of the black line.

Still trying to short landing on it, went too fast the took off again. 😄 Will try VTOL some time soon. Definitely more fun than Tarawa.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Screen_211127_163824.jpg

Edited by VFGiPJP
  • Thanks 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

To be clear: I can still take off but I need a tiny bit of NWS to make it get through the narrow ramp.   Thank you.

Screen_211127_200212.jpg

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Just checked and I start on the back...

Try starting as client.

Edited by joey45

• 2 months later...