HMS Hermes R12 Released V2.5

Many a happy time on board the Hermes as a kid when my old man served on her. Shame we could not bring her home and preserve her as a museum ship and as a memorial to all the Falkland vets. Just need some Leander's and County class destroyers and The FRS1 Sea Harrier. Great mod joey45 looking forward to using her in game

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2021 at 3:06 PM, joey45 said:

try this file for the seacats.

With slowing down and stopping.... how close are the ships.

entry.lua 1.71 kB · 10 downloads

Curious. When I use that, I get the following error.

2021-04-07 03:52:34.003 ERROR   Scripting: [string "C:\Xenomorph\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/HermesR12/entry.lua"]:23: attempt to call global 'error' (a nil value)

• 3 weeks later...

It shouldn't as it is using external code. 

The Lau lock thing is stopping ED/3rd party code being edited.... 

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

15 minutes ago, joey45 said:

It shouldn't as it is using external code. 

The Lau lock thing is stopping ED/3rd party code being edited.... 

Oh thank goodness, got worried for a bit! How is everything coming along anyways? Everything on track with the CATOBAR Hermes?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Joey,

Hermes looks great. Only problem I'm having is with multiplayer. I create the mission but when I host, my brother cannot join. I tried other missions and they work fine. Also removed Hermes from new mission and he could join OK.

Any ideas??

1 hour ago, tmansteve said:

Hi Joey,

Hermes looks great. Only problem I'm having is with multiplayer. I create the mission but when I host, my brother cannot join. I tried other missions and they work fine. Also removed Hermes from new mission and he could join OK.

Any ideas??

Does he have the mod as well?

Is there any message displayed?

And you are not using any other mods??

Edited by joey45

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

• 3 weeks later...

I'll probably release the cat 'n' trap version first for the A-4.... it's pretty much ready for a beta...

• 1 month later...

Adding my thanks @joey45for your creative work.  jross and I at Mudspike are making a series of MP Falklands-esque missions in the Marianas map that we hope to wrap into a static campaign.   It was a joy today to at last takeoff on a proper ski jump in the Harrier.  Testing now to see how we can use your Hermès 82.  -cheers

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

On 7/26/2021 at 11:02 AM, joey45 said:

The last time I checked (May) the A.I. still have trouble taking off.

Yes.  It doesn't seem to be a problem with the ship, but with AI pilot behavior.  Everything looks good until they leave the ski jump, but then they don't hold their pitch attitude.  Instead they lower it, the plane begins to loose altitude, and the AI ejects.  If there was a way to have them hold their pitch attitude, I think that they would be fine.  Another thing that I noticed, which might not have impact, is that their nozzle setting looks more like 50 than 35.  I think that I remember in one of the Harrier books that 35 degrees more common when using the ski jump?  It seems right to me when I use it.

DCS 2021-07-27 22-22-30.jpg

DCS 2021-07-27 22-22-31.jpg

DCS 2021-07-27 22-28-35.jpg

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro

They can use the 70s version and the Kuz fine.

I'm not sure if it's a Razbam issue or an ED issue.

To me it looks like the aircraft are configuring for a STO without the ski jump and when the aircraft reaches a certain pitch attitude, using default logic to reduce pitch input.  I have no idea how aircraft are programmed, but it appears that they need a 3rd takeoff profile, for lack of better phraseology, for a ski jump takeoff.  I.E. 35 degree nozzle and maintain appropriate pitch attitude for STO until the aircraft is cleaned up.  Anyway, like you said, either a RAZBAM or ED issue.  FYI, just tested AV-8B on Kuznetsov 2017 from parking hot and all AI ended up taking a swim.

Edited by Chipwich

also be aware there are some other ai bugs on take off, with aircraft like the hornet which just ends up in the drink with a war load on board

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 7/26/2021 at 11:02 AM, joey45 said:

The last time I checked (May) the A.I. still have trouble taking off.

maybe check your lua - I think your runway length may be longer than the actual deck (the AI doesn't realize it has run out of runway and needs to take off)

Unfortunately I dont have a my PC.. the motherboard failed so I'm halfway upgrading. 

It was working before a patch.

Edited by joey45

Good luck getting your mobo replace @joey45.  Nothing like having to rip your whole rig apart, but perhaps you can use the time to tighten up some cable management or replace any other parts that need a refresh.

Does anyone know if the '81 version works with a 4-ship in multiplayer?  I see that #3 gets placed off the deck, but that might be an ME convention.  Would like to launch 4 clients off of '81 if possible.  Thanks.

Edited by Chipwich