If you could have one WW2 fighter module not yet implemented, what would it be?

MobiSev

"Not yet implemented"

The F4U Corsair would be the WW2 fighter. Because I really want a carrier Warbird, I want a big radial and I always been into the big, business looking gull wing Corsair. An aura akin to A-10 or Viggen.

~

After that.

-Any iconic English or American two engine fighter. P-38, Mosquito. Rather fighter- bombers than bombers.

-I'd really like a hooked Spitfire, the Seafire. Griffon Seafire's served both WW2 and Korea.

-BoB era Spitfire. Would it have killed the Normandy map makers to make a twofer? Extend a little north to get a BoB map also.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

F4U4

F4U1D and A6M2 are already planned for development

Apart from that any other piston aircraft i am interested are post ww2 ( circa korea - vietnam war) like the AD6/A1H skyraider or the F51H.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Tempest II ( any Tempest really ). I guess the Sea Fury & the Vampire are not technically WW2 even though they both first flew when it was on.

yeah, i changed the topic in the first post to include any prop fighter including the time period near the end of the war. Sea Fury would be awesome!!

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

What, no mention of a Russian fighter? They built some great ones.

Yakovlev Yak-3?

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

It all comes down to appropriate units to compliment the plane. We are still waiting for ww2 assets to really makes things work in Normandy.

If the appropriate assets could be added then an early spitfire and the Battle of Britain is sorely missed. And for me the Grumman F6F Hellcat and appropriate assets/scenery. But all that is a lot of work for a developer.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I like most of the WWII birds so I would bring something that fits the Normandy map or the upcoming unknown maps. It seems that the setting will still be Europe so maybe a 109 G6/AM will be great. The allied side is getting the P47 very soon which will be great so we are good on that side.

If ED updates the damage model soon and add some AI bombers, we could have some beautiful fights in DCS.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Either G.55

In February 1943, a German test commission was sent in Italy to evaluate the new Italian fighters.[19] The commission was led by Oberst Petersen and was formed by Luftwaffe officers and pilots and by technical personnel, among them the Flugbaumeister Malz. The Germans also brought with them several aircraft including a Fw 190 A-5 and a Bf 109 G-4 for direct comparison tests in simulated dogfights.

The tests began 20 February 1943 with the German commission very impressed by the Italian aircraft, the G.55 in particular. In general, all the Serie 5 fighters were very good at low altitudes, but the G.55 was also competitive with its German opponents in term of speed and climb rate at high altitudes, while still maintaining superior handling characteristics. The definitive evaluation by the German commission was "excellent" for the G.55, "excellent" for the Re.2005 although very complicated to produce, and merely "average" for the C.205. Oberst Petersen defined the G.55 "the best fighter in the Axis" and immediately telegraphed his impressions to Göring. After listening to the recommendations of Petersen, Milch and Galland, a meeting held by Göring on 22 February 1943 voted to produce the G.55 in Germany.

only 350 delivered, but still a production aircraft...

or

Macchi MC. 205 :)

Capt. Eric Brown, CBE, DSC, AFC, RN, Chief Naval Test Pilot and C.O. Captured Enemy Aircraft Flight, remembered how they were impressed when they tested the Veltro. "One of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi MC. 205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of Italian styling and German engineering. I believe it was powered by a Daimler Benz DB 605. It was really a delight to fly, and up to anything on the Allied programme. But again, it came just before the Italians capitulated so it was never used extensively. And we did tests on it and were most impressed. The cockpit was smallish but not as bad as the Bf 109."

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.