range of altimeter adjustment

DeltaMike

So, if you hop into say an F5 at Nellis, the altimeter will read something close to airfield altitude, and it's pretty much impossible to dial it down to QFE. That strikes me as realistic. On the other hand, if you hop into a the A4 mod, the altimeter reads zero and it's pretty much impossible to set it at QNH. I've noticed the same with the Russian FC3 aircraft. Doesn't seem realistic, or is it? I suppose you could calibrate it to do that but hmm.... not sure why I'd do that. Interestingly the MB-339 mod reads QNH right out of the box. Is there a software issue in there somewhere, or am I missing something? Before I go start pestering the A4 crew to fix it

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

The real altimeter setting range is from 28.1 - 31.00. (>2006 27.5 - 31.5)

IRL QFE is very seldom used, especially not in mountainous terrain, for obvious reasons.

Edited by bbrz

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Yeah it's kinda blowing my mind. I don't fly Russian jets very often, I have been flying the A4 a lot lately on NTTR and it's kind of aggravating. It's got a nice radar altimeter. Fortunately. Just wondering the extent to which it's "baked into the cake" mod-wise.

Reckon I'll take the F5 out for a spin today. Such a great module.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder