DCS World Using a projector

I have tossed this idea around for some time, and with the US football Play-offs imminent, decided to investigate further.

The last time I looked, projectors were quite expensive, costing $700.00 and up. This did not include a screen either.

So this week, I looked on Amazon.

The tech has advanced dramatically since I last looked!

I found a DBPower brand that uses LEDS and has 3200 Lumens brightnes. (works good in daylight)

Specs,

1. 5.8-inch LCD screen

2. 1280 x 800 and 1080p resolutions

3. 3,200-lumens brightness

4. 1,500:1 contrast ratio

5. 360 degree flip function

6. 5-piece glass projection lens

7. 1-5m projection distance (optimum distance is 3m)

8. ±15° manual keystone correction

9. 16: 9/4: 3 projection ratio

10. 50 to 200-inch screen display size

For $219.99 Cheaper than a big screen!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075LDNFLY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Added a screen, $59.00

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N9H5GCM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and two days later,

I am watching a 80 inch HD TV!

UNBELIEVABLE!

I run my pc at 1080p so the next step is...........LOL

A Longer HDMI cable.............

The projector has two HDMI inputs so Blueray player will share the second input with the HD cable box.

I watched "FlyBoys" in blueray.

This is perfect! The image looks full HD to my aging eyes.

I needed to share, If I had only known sooner...............

Will post some pics today.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

The only problem I see with the way you are going is that I would then need to build a full functioning cockpit. :)

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I've tried DCS on my projector, with my main AV system. Still prefer it in VR.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.