Mission Editor - Hot Tips - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #11
EtherealN
Coffee boy

Workaround idea based on that - if Pilot 1 has callsign 325, make the action in Panzer's example be a radio call specifically saying something like "325, Magic, stay NOE to avoid detection".

That way, even though everyone would get the message (like would be the case for real life radio), those who are not 325 will know it's not about them.

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер
Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog
DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules | Hell Yeah! | Norse Religious Education | Life of a Game Tester
EtherealN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #12
Panzertard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealN View Post
Workaround idea based on that - if Pilot 1 has callsign 325, make the action in Panzer's example be a radio call specifically saying something like "325, Magic, stay NOE to avoid detection".

That way, even though everyone would get the message (like would be the case for real life radio), those who are not 325 will know it's not about them.
Yes, thats a very good workaround.
Remember to make sure the Player knows that he is #325 too then.

EDIT: Thats actually how it happens in real-life - so it would be fully acceptable to do it like that

Last edited by Panzertard; 12-02-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Panzertard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
EtherealN
Coffee boy

Well, worst case scenario is some tosser will be at 200m AGL and think he was prompted to fly at a safer altitude even though the message wasn't for him.

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog
DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules | Hell Yeah! | Norse Religious Education | Life of a Game Tester
Old 12-02-2009, 05:56 PM   #14
Achurro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealN View Post
Few questions:

What exactly do you mean by mts? I assume meters AGL but just for clarity.

Also, could you give an example of the trigger rules you use for that? I think it should be possible through a simple set of AND operations - with the one drawback that you'll have to make a ful set for each pilot, but I may have misunderstood.

Hi EtherealN, and thanks for your interest !!

The first one is yes, I used mts for meters, sorry about my english I'm spanish..

I let you the simple one, only for the unit 11:
CONTINUOUS(Altitude) -->Unit's Altitude higher than (11, 301) --> MESSAGE (Anapa ATC: Watch your altitude, descent to 150 AGL asap !! ATC, out)

I tryed for eight members and it's annoying.. ja ja ja.. when someone raises 301, the message shows to all.. I think there, is the trick... the message don't shows only for the pilot who raised 301, it rules for all.

And it's a lot of work, thats the reason I don't put the Trigger completely because I did one trigger, for each eight members with the possibilities for the rest of members, in conclusion, 8 by 8 possibilities are 64 possibilities for each one !!! 64 by 8 there are 512 lines of conditions... two days working! And doesn't works... oh!!

I worked as in the next way:
1/ The first unit, the 11, raises 301 and the rest not. --->Message
2/ The 2nd unit, the 12, raises 301 and the rest not. --->Message
3/ .................... 13 ......
4/ 14 .... the same with the 2nd group, 21, 22, 23, 24...

I continue giving possibilities (or trating to limitate the actions) with pairs,
- The 11, and the 12, raise 301 and the rest not....

Even it has, all the possibilities that can occurs.. and the problem is that the message is for all, or for the alliance, but not for exclusively the one (or whatever) who has raised 301 AGL.

I tryed with the first example, the one you had readed before, to all again.. (the eight pilots), and the same result (Well, of course, putting 8 conditione is rather better than 512, as in the frist try.. what lemmonhead!!! j j j

As I said, thanks for your interest, pair !!

Thanks again.

I 'll put a candle to the virgin Mary.... good luck, goood luck !!
Achurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #15
Achurro

That's the question.. Panzertad!

I think the message is not for the pilot.. I didn't knew !! But I can see that there is the problem!!

Thanks

Editing: That's a great solution EtherealN.. great!! Thanks a lot pair of two!! Lots of thanks sincerely!

Last edited by Achurro; 12-02-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Achurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #16
Panzertard
Veteran

Added a quick tutorial about FLAGS and other things, Falcon.
http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?...84&postcount=4
Old 12-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #17
EtherealN
Coffee boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achurro View Post
The first one is yes, I used mts for meters, sorry about my english I'm spanish..
All good - you should see my spanish. It's atrocious.

Quote:
I let you the simple one, only for the unit 11:
CONTINUOUS(Altitude) -->Unit's Altitude higher than (11, 301) --> MESSAGE (Anapa ATC: Watch your altitude, descent to 150 AGL asap !! ATC, out)

I tryed for eight members and it's annoying.. ja ja ja.. when someone raises 301, the message shows to all.. I think there, is the trick... the message don't shows only for the pilot who raised 301, it rules for all.
Well, the thing is that since ATC communicates by radio, and all members of the flight are on the same frequency, if ATC wants to talk to one of them they'll talkt to all of them. That's why you use callsigns. A more realistic version of that radio call would be "347, Anapa, descend to 150 AGL."

I do understand that it can be a bit of a repetitive task to create triggers for each aircraft in the flight, but sadly that's the only way I can think of. And the fact that the message displays to everyone is just a realistic thing. There is no way for Anapa tower to talk to only me.

Quote:
As I said, thanks for your interest, pair !!
See that Panzer? We're a pair!

Best of luck Achurro and hopefully you'll find a solution.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #18
Grimes
ED Testers Team

Random Occurrence Generator

Sometimes in missions you want to randomly place threats and objectives. It helps the replay value if certain events or locations of targets happen at different times or areas. I'm looking at this from more of a future LO 2.0 perspective where having a mission which doesn't have a sam site in the exact same location everytime can add a little bump to a player sneaking behind enemy lines.

From my experimenting I've found 2 reliable ways to create a semi random event. Both of these methods are based around the idea of assigning an event to occur at x time into the mission or something to define the overall mission layout at the start of the game.

1. The "Lock" Method
This method is useful because you can define exactly how many conditions exist and it can be easily used if you want to set a random time for an event to occur.

It works by using a random variable to decide whether or not to pass through the "lock" to the next variable. For instance, on the first pass through if it returns "true" then it will execute the first condition. If the first pass is false it will continue to the next "lock" until a specific lock is termed "true"

In game trigger code...
Mission Start>Time is less (2)> Set flag 1 [On mission start is sets flag 1 true]
Once>Time is More (10) and Random(30) And Flag 1 (True)>Conditions 1 and Clear Flag 1
[Once the time is greater than 10 seconds AND if the random 30% chance is true AND flag 1 is true, it will activate specific groups]
Once>Time is More (20) and Random(50) and Flag 1 (True)> Conditions 2
Once>Time is More (30) and Flag 1 (True) > Condition 3 acts as a default condition.

In this example flag 1 acts as a safeguard, with it false none of the triggers will execute. So if you wanted an attack to spawn you can use "Time is More" and the lock method to define when the attack takes place (with the same groups) or to set unique groups to each. I general rule of thumb is to increase the chances of the random variable the further you get through each lock.

2. Continuous Random
I created this method because I was tired of the unseemly high probability that existed with the "Lock Method" of returning true values on first lock didn't feel very random to me. While testing it I had the first lock set to 20% and for whatever reason it returned true way more than 20% of the times I tried it. So with some thought I decided to do the opposite.

This method works by setting a larger sample size (more than just 1 random value) and giving it a lower probability each time its sampled. I randomly generate a true value for 2 different flags. When the sample is finished we compare the results and use it to create a "If-Case" like statement. In this instance the options are.
Flag 1 - Flag 2
True- True
True- False
False- True
False- False

Flag 0 is a between time condition. Its only if Time is More than 5 seconds and Time is Less than 20 seconds.

Once >Time is More (5) and Time is Less (20) > Set Flag (0) to True
Once> Time is More (20)> Clear flag 0
Continuous>Flag 0 (True) and Random (5) > Set Flag 1 True
Continuous>Flag 0 (True) and Random (5) > Set Flag 2 True

This trigger is used to check the results. In other words until flag 9 is true non of the conditions will be checked. Since flag 9 is set true after 22 seconds only 1 trigger below will execute.
Once>Time is more (22) >Set Flag (9)

Conditional Triggers would appear like
Once> Flag 9 (true) and flag 1 (true) and flag 2 (true)>Condition True -True
Once> Flag 9 (true) and flag 1 (true) and flag 2 (false)>Condition True -false
Once> Flag 9 (true) and flag 1 (false) and flag 2 (true)>Condition false -True
Once> Flag 9 (true) and flag 1 (false) and flag 2 (false)>Condition false -false

Since the assignment of flag 1 and 2 is continuous. You can add even more randomness to it by clearing said flags any time during or after contiously random timeframe.
Grimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:04 PM   #19
Panzertard
Veteran

Advanced Mission Trigger-hack sample.
Until (or rather if so) we get a better method of using "advanced statements" with AND OR groups, I've created another sample.

My Goal;
- To check if *any* 2 CLIENTS in a MP game is within a Trigger-Zone.

Pseudocode;
Or rather the simplest Method possible to create with DCS-editor code;
Code:
If InZone("MyZone", ID1 and ID2) or 
InZone("MyZone", ID1 and ID3) or 
InZone("MyZone", ID1 and ID4) or 
InZone("MyZone", ID1 and ID8) or 
InZone("MyZone", ID2 and ID3) or 
InZone("MyZone", ID2 and ID4) or 
InZone("MyZone", ID2 and ID5) or 
InZone("MyZone", ID3 and ID4) or 
InZone("MyZone", ID7 and ID8)
then Set Flag 2 = True
Process;
What I did this time is that I created a mission-trigger rule with a couple of the pilots/choppers. Saved the mission and started listing which other pilots / units ID I needed;

Quote:
UnitID / Client Pilot
14 = aPilot #1
15 = aPilot #2
16 = aPilot #3
17 = aPilot #4
87 = aPilot #5
88 = aPilot #6
1229 = aPilot #7
1230 = aPilot #8
Next I copied the original trigger-statements, both the "conditions" and "trigfunc" one;
Code:
        conditions = 
        {
            [24] = "return(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") )",
and
Code:
     trigfunc = 
    {
        [24] = "if c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") then a_set_flag(\"2\"); mission.trigfunc[24]='';end;",
From now on I worked in a scrapbook (two separate textfiles) and rewrote the statements. I know I'll need the code for later, hence this post

In a rather "readable" format they ended up looking like this;
Conditions;
Code:
[24] = "return(
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")
))",
trigfunc;
Code:
[24] = "if (c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"14\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"15\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"16\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"17\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"87\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"88\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) or 
(c_unit_in_zone(\"1229\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\") and c_unit_in_zone(\"1230\", \"R-PlayerSpawned\")) 
then a_set_flag(\"2\"); mission.trigfunc[24]='';end;",
Then finally it was shortened to *one* line for the mission-file (all other rules are "one liners") - and pasted back into the mission-file.

Here's a quick peek at what it looks like in the editor;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AdvancedTriggerHack-24.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	262.3 KB
ID:	35044  
Old 01-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #20
MBot
Veteran

Here is a simple way to do the "or" modifier with triggers. Don't know why I didn't see this earlier...

For example you want to check whether Unit 1 or Unit 2 are death:

CONTINUOUS / FLAG IS FALSE (1) / SET FLAG (1)
FRONT CONDITION / UNIT ALIVE (Unit 1), UNIT ALIVE (Unit 2), TIME SINCE FLAG (1,1) / CLEAR FLAG (1)
ONCE / TIME SINCE FLAG (1,2) / MESSAGE ("Unit 1 or Unit 2 is death)

In the bold part you list the opposite of your "or" rules you want to check. So we want to check if one unit is death, then we list all the units as alive. Or we want to check if one unit is inside a zone, then we list all units as outside the zone.
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote