Callsign problem after time away

bladewalker

Hi all

I've been away from DCS for about a year now, but have started coming back after purchasing the Hornet and PG maps.

Since i'm back, my callsign isn't being called. If i select to be Enfield 11, it calls me 111, and if i select Pontiac 11, it calls be 811. That first number seems to correspond to number the callsign is in the mission editor list.

What did i do? was it maybe something i did while using voice attack while i was playing a year ago maybe? i'm not using VA now btw.

Any hints would be appreciated

BW

The Navy uses numerical callsigns around the boat but the tactical callsigns should be used elsewhere. I believe I have been seeing this same issue as the original poster described however I haven’t flown enough with talking on the radios to notice it as I’ve been doing a lot of training missions in the Hornet as a new DCS pilot. Anyway the tactical callsigns should still be used and if they aren’t then there is a problem.

That is nothing you are doing, that is a new feature when flying the F/A-18 (maybe F-14 too?) as part of a WIP test of new carrier communications. Apparently the Navy uses numeric callsigns entirely.

Looks like you're 100% right. I tested flying the Warthog on the same map and the callsigns did indeed work. Nice work ED...... I wasn't expecting that :lol::thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just confirming that I have flown enough now to see this as an issue. Hopefully it's just temporary. The side numbers are used for operations around the boat but the tactical callsigns (Enfield, Colt, etc.) should still be used elsewhere during the missions. Maybe they're still figuring out how to use both with the new carrier communications.

Brandon

• 3 weeks later...

Using the latest Open Beta and still only getting numbers for the callsign in the Hornet. Tactical callsigns should be used during the mission with MODEX (side) numbers only used around the boat. Right now it's using a 3 digit number for everything. Hopefully this can be fixed...it's difficult to tell in the mission when I am supposed to be Colt 1-1 when radio calls are made.