Training Missions as the Hornet Progresses?

Steve Gee

Will there be more Training missions made for the newer weapons that have been implemented since the F/A-18's debut?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

FA18 C Lot 20

Is it possible for us to have training missions implemented within DCS world so we can fly? I really like the Case III Carrier video run you show. I wish we could have that to practice. I tried to create my own sort of Carrier op's mission and I noticed that when I attempt to select weapons AG, I have nothing available. "?" And in AA only two rows of limited weapons. Am I doing something wrong or is our Hornet really this incomplete.

Thanks

Marc:thumbup:

Is it possible for us to have training missions implemented within DCS world so we can fly? I really like the Case III Carrier video run you show. I wish we could have that to practice. I tried to create my own sort of Carrier op's mission and I noticed that when I attempt to select weapons AG, I have nothing available. "?" And in AA only two rows of limited weapons. Am I doing something wrong or is our Hornet really this incomplete.

Thanks

Marc:thumbup:

I think you're confusing the loadout presets with what's available to put on the plane - when you're in the mission editor and go to the loadout screen, what you see is just the presets, and if you change the mission it will filter these - it's EA so there might not be presets for each conceivable loadout.

You can make new presets and equip whatever you want though - just click 'New' at the bottom, give it a name and then click on it - then right click on each square/station and it'll give you a list of weapons or extras that can be fitted to that station which you can select.

Our group holds training missions daily, focusing on Carrier Operations, SEAD, attack missions using MAVs, bombs JDAMs and JSOWs, we are a no frills group, small in size, but big on experience, with many R/l aviators. Look for The Pirate Cove servers, if this is of interest message me for password

[sIGPIC]vMa1Dvw.jpg[/url][/sIG][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Three great things in life are a good landing, a good orgasm and a good bowel movement. The night carrier landing is one of the few opportunities in life where you get to experience all three at the same time