wow this is huge!

I'd love to, if ED hadn't decided to drop VR support for CA.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I'd love to, if ED hadn't decided to drop VR support for CA.

Wish it was VR as well... I'll never use it otherwise...

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

yes even if an auto plotted route for AI goes through a building

they will avoid the building and drive around it

Though for some reason they now drive upside down under the bridges

Edited by HC_Official

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Will they drive through the river if you’ve blown up the bridge?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

1. Got AI to create route, they chose to cross the railway bridge

2. They started moving

3. I blew the bridge up

4. AI proceeded to cross bridge by driving under water

1qXdZHW.jpg

surfacing again

Tc8JVVb.jpg

yes even if an auto plotted route for AI goes through a building

they will avoid the building and drive around it

Though for some reason they now drive upside down under the bridges

That is the new Ninja Mode!!

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

LOL. Not quite what I was expecting/hoping for. Thanks for confirming.

Back to the drawing boards eh.

At least they manage to cross bridges reliable now and don't get stuck anymore. I guess that's something :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Works as advertised: They don't drive through buildings :lol:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

That bridge would have been avoided IF the bridge had been down at the time the route was calculated. What you have is no route calc once they start. I'm not sure how ED might approach that. If you calculate a 100 mile route, there can be different available routes on Caucasus. I tested this a bit by pushing a route task mid way through the movement order and found that the route calc can suddenly revert to go a different way, meaning you can get cycles of never getting to the destination - especially around the Kobuleti and Kutaisi central region of Caucasus map (they pick one way round the hills or the other).

Im not a big fan of the CPU burst when calculating routes, it could cause frame stutter previously, so beware what you ask for, we've got limitations with ground movement.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

That bridge would have been avoided IF the bridge had been down at the time the route was calculated. What you have is no route calc once they start. I'm not sure how ED might approach that. If you calculate a 100 mile route, there can be different available routes on Caucasus. I tested this a bit by pushing a route task mid way through the movement order and found that the route calc can suddenly revert to go a different way, meaning you can get cycles of never getting to the destination - especially around the Kobuleti and Kutaisi central region of Caucasus map (they pick one way round the hills or the other).

Im not a big fan of the CPU burst when calculating routes, it could cause frame stutter previously, so beware what you ask for, we've got limitations with ground movement.

tried this again, blew up bridge FIRST, then asked AI to route to other side, it had 2 choices

1. The blown up railway bridge (closest)

2. The standard road bridge (still intact but slightly further out)

They AI path finder picked the destroyed bridge and crossed it under water

Destroying bridges to disrupt logistics and movement of the enemy is a pretty significant strategy. With the vehicles crossing anyways, it makes that aspect useless and immersion breaking. Just another realistic aspect we just have to avoid like so many others until they get it fixed.