Chain Home Radar Mod

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

attachment.php?attachmentid=167969&stc=1&d=1503568835

Chain Home Radar Mod by the BFVG

So what's in our latest WWII pack that is 1.57 OpenBeta & 2.1 NTTR + Normandy compatible......

Contents:

• Transmitter Tower.

• Receiver Tower.

• Control Centre Bunkers x2.

• Nissen Hut.

• RDF Station Building.

• Sandbag Emplacement.

• Chain Home Radar Script based upon Steggles original EWRS Script.

• Sound Files x2.

*Note You will find all the items INCLUDING THE BUILDINGS listed under "AIR Defence" in the ME.

Everything you will need to build your own fully functioning Chain Home radar Station. By using the script provided, you will be able to request a picture in flight via the F10 menu and the radar will feed back bandit information. The original script is not mine and a big shout out goes to Steggles for the original EWRS script.

I have included sound files that will also need to be loaded via the mission editor. When the script first starts you will hear a radio mike switch and when you ask for a picture, you will hear a very short message from your GCI. If you don't wish to hear them, simply do not include the sound files in the ME during your build. For the script to function, you will require a copy of the excellent Mist and CTLD:

MIST: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616&highlight=ctld

CTLD: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107

Download Pack Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eOjJVBrJgqymSc-kzc4PkP0ILJL4g0wM/view?usp=sharing Revised link(9th August 2018)

Activating the Mod:

Simply download and extract the mod folder (WW2 RDF Radar Station)and then place it in your relevant saved games folder relating to the version of DCS you are running: Users/YOUR NAME/Saved Games/DCS VERSION/Mods/Tech.

Now Save the .miz file in your missions folder and you can save the ScriptNSounds folder anywhere you wish.

Refer to the rdf.miz file included as an example, regarding the use of the Chain Home Radar Script in the Mission Editor. The script will only report bandit information if the Transmitter towers are intact/not destroyed, thus adding an interesting dimension to WWII mission objectives; from BOTH SIDES perspective. We hope you enjoy.

** Important Note we have used data from the Patriot Radar to enable the mod to function with the script. Remove the Mod from the tech folder if you wish to return to a modern scenario and see the patriot radar in game rather than our transmitter tower.**

Update: 3rd January 2018:

The Mod can now function without the need for a script. Simply download the attached lua file and replace the one in the current mod with it. You will need to assign a radio channel in the ME to receive the broadcast messages. Just remember to tune your radio in pit.

Cheers

The BFVG (British Fighting Vehicle Group)

SUNTSAG (Callsign: Naked)

Mithandra (Callsign: Specter)

WW2-RDF-Transmitter.lua

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys never cease to amaze me!

Bravo Mates!

Well done.

Stick around a while will you?

You guys are becoming indispensable!

No......excuse me.....

ARE indispensable! :thumbup:

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Awesome mod Suntsag ¡¡

its a must for any WWII mission.

One thing.

Its working perfect in 2.1.1 but i can´t make it work in 1.5.7. I´ve installed the files inside user games and the game doesnt start. Then i´ve tested with the files inside mods/tech in the main installation and the same, the game is not starting.

When i remove the folder everything starts ok.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

For me no, is not working in 1.5.7 release.

Maybe is not compatible with other mods i´ve have ( a lot in my tech folder ), maybe is the mod itself.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

I have downloaded the mod via the link and have now tested it in 1.5.7.7741 and 1.5.7.8899 and it works in both versions. I fly with a group and they haven't encountered any issues as yet. In recent packs of ours, I have included GUI sounds which I guess maybe creating an issue for some.

Lets try this......access the folder "WW2 RDF Radar Station" and delete the folder "Sounds" and lets see if that has an impact for you. I know you are a keen Mod user and we would love for this to work in 1.5.7 for you. Cheers

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No luck, even i´ve tried with a clean Mods/tech folder, with no mods on it, only this and DCS is not starting.

Is very strange but nevermind. My main focus is 2.1.1 and there is working perfect, so dont worry.

Thanks for taking time to look at it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You have tried the mod in users folder 2.1.1? For me It is.

Si, en las dos instalaciones he puesto solo el mod de la CH y ni arranca el sim.

=============================================

Yes, in the two installations I have just put the mod of the CH and neither starts the sim.

Thanks for your time.

Mi path is C:\Users\ESA_MIRMIDON\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\tech\WW2 RDF Radar Station

And the folder is exactly like your first pic. And is working ok.

For DCS 1.5.7 is exactly the same, C:\Users\ESA_MIRMIDON\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\WW2 RDF Radar Station. Same content but DCS refuse to start.

I´ve removed the Sounds folder, but same problem, DCS refuse to start. So no double entry.lua file.

And i ´ve tested with an empty mods folder, only combined arms and this mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No luck. Same. DCS refuses to load.

But dont worry, is working perfect in 2.1.1, my main DCS for WWII so its ok.

Thanks for your patience and kind support.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thank you for the mod, great work!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

You blokes must be flat out busy, another great mod, thanks.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

We do this in our spare time for the love of the sim. We really appreciate the great feedback from the community.

Thanks. Specter

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

You blokes must be flat out busy, another great mod, thanks.

Please dont make there heads swell :lol: The WW2 mods are really bringing the airfields to life, With it making it look busy, Now im hoping a lorry and trailer or a crane lifting equipment :smilewink::smilewink::smilewink::smilewink: @Mithandra :)

I want beer barrels mounted on the wings! :music_whistling:

See the carrying beer thread in the Spitfire forum.........

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."