=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server - Page 250 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2019, 01:00 PM   #2491
ArcLite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVER View Post
You definately are looking too hard into it ! Just use whatever hardware, settings or aircraft brings the most fun for you. VR is in no way a disadvantage. Labels on or off make a HUGE difference though. Eather you fly to the next dark big spot on the sky and meet everybody there or you do it the classic way and search the skies without a virtual help. I suggest turning labels off and unbind any kind of zoom. It is definately the most fun and realistic way to go hunting. Every kill is handmade so to speak and on top of that it is rewarding as hell. Good luck out there :-)

Thanks for the responses guys. I’ll give it a go soon and see ya out there.

Is switching between allied or axis forces any time I join the server okay or do most people pick one side and always stick with it? I have the P-51D and the Fw 190A-8.

And since I play in VR do I need that SRS program or something to talk to people?

F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4
ArcLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #2492
Campbell

Default =BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcLite View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. I’ll give it a go soon and see ya out there.

Is switching between allied or axis forces any time I join the server okay or do most people pick one side and always stick with it? (I have the P-51D and the Fw 190A-

And since I play in VR do I need that SRS program or something to talk to people?

You can switch planes at any time while your on the server, your not locked into any particular aircraft or side. There is no SRS for Burning Skies, I think there’s a Discord channel for comms??? but I’m not 100% sure about that. Lots of guys fly with no comms at all or wing up with a friend and us Discord to communicate.
The only real issue with VR is (like posted earlier) the identification of friend or foe. It’s pretty difficult in VR but you will learn it over time. Just expect to be shot down a lot until you gain the skill. Also double and triple verify the guy in front of you is a bad guy before you shoot him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Campbell; 06-19-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:26 PM   #2493
iFoxRomeo

I happend to shoot down a Spit's "Damage Model" of the tail, but not the Spit itself... and got sniped by 119_Bruv shortly after that... meh....

Fox
iFoxRomeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:56 PM   #2494
DefaultFace

ED puts stuff in patches without telling us all the time. Hell just a few days ago they mentioned the VR optimisation has been in for 2 weeks now after explicitly stating it wasnt. Its very possible that parts of the new DM are already in.

I've had this same conversation about a million times over the years, both on the forums or in teamspeak etc etc etc. From both sides. Plenty of times I've seen Mustangs or Spits swallow 30mm like its nothing and then eat up 13mm just to change the color of their smoke a few times, then go home and land. I've had flights in the Mustang where I go out and every guy I shoot at falls to bits after a nice short burst. Ive had flights in the Mustang where a 109 eats quite a bit of .50 before they go down.

While its possible that something has changed in the last few patches..... its much more likely that this is just people getting frustrated, same as always.

The best way to make your MGs do anything in DCS has always been a solid burst at high deflection. Singular sporadic hits, even if there are many of them, from directly behind someone have always been less effective in DCS. Even more so for MG instead of cannon.

The server is also in belarus. The harmonisation on the Pony means that you may not be hitting as much as you think you are as well. Hell the tracers are not even necessarily where the bullets are most of the time either.

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin
DefaultFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:17 PM   #2495
razo+r
Veteran

The double spitfire tail is a bug since like day 1 or something like this.
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 03:22 PM   #2496
No.119_Bruv (VK-B)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFoxRomeo View Post
I happend to shoot down a Spit's "Damage Model" of the tail, but not the Spit itself... and got sniped by 119_Bruv shortly after that... meh....

Fox

that 1st one was impressive you can see the shadow of yarbs tail fall out. I do think he had to bail out of that one.

The 2nd he glided back to field and landed.

As for your 190A8 I put ALOT of rounds in your cockpit and from the looks of it got a PK in the end. The A8 is a flying tank cool though.

~S~
No.119_Bruv (VK-B) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:58 AM   #2497
Snapage

There is definitely something going on with the damage, at least vs 109s. I thought it was a bug with the .50 cals but even the spitfires cannons do very little. I shot 109s way more then usual and instead of them going down easy to the spits guns it felt as if I was not shooting them at all. It got to the point where I wasnt sure if it was even possible to shoot them down? I really wish I had a recording of it. I have to get shadowplay working again just in case its happens again. On the same day I watched a 109 shoot a spitfires wing off so Im not sure if it is just the 109 that is buggy but it doesnt seem to effect all aircraft.
Snapage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:47 AM   #2498
ArcLite

Good gravy.

Well I finally gave multiplayer a go in the server tonight. A lot was learned very, other things a little more slow. After my first takeoff I spent about half an hour flying in the wrong direction - All the while checking the score tab to ensure there were in fact other people in the server.

After I got myself straightened out and refueled I managed to find some enemy ground targets and got shot up - Then of course a Mustang appears, first enemy plane I’ve seen, and I get all excited and fly into the hillside.

Next I take off again and can’t get my Anton’s gear up but head back into the mix anyway. Mustang guy must have been amused by this and rather than blowing the snot out of me from behind, buzzes past me and then flies around all but throwing up fly balls for me but I can’t hit him - Too busy stalling, which ended in me finding a fiery parking spot in the woods.

Anyway, it was a fun first learning and I look forward to seeing you guys in the air. Cheers (and I’ll quit writing lengthy nonsense posts now )

F/A-18C | F-14B | A-10C | F-86F | P-51D | Spitfire | Fw 190A-8 | Bf 109K-4
ArcLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:31 AM   #2499
skliff13

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFoxRomeo View Post

Fox
Hah! That Spit is like a lizard - drops his tail in case of danger

I can assume that this can also be due to server/net lags. Some time ago I had this funny episode and this was definitely not the DM issue.

Old 06-21-2019, 08:49 AM   #2500
Snapage

thats what I have experienced, not as crazy as your video but yeah, 109 feels almost invincible but has no problem cutting allied planes in half.
Snapage is offline   Reply With Quote