Multicrew (critical), switching controls between pilots damages the airplane - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-21-2019, 10:35 PM   #1
Mnemonic
Veteran

Default Multicrew (critical), switching controls between pilots damages the airplane

When another pilot takes control, L39 receives a strong force impulse, that in the very least - can blackout pilots, and at worse - damages the airplane. Just today (latest beta 2.5.5.33552) we flew with a crewmate and in the stable flight, controls neutral, when we switch the control between each other - aircraft visibly "jerks", and pilots black out for a few seconds, once during this "jump" we lost a left aileron.

This is during level flight, no stress, just by pressing the button "Request aircraft control".
Meanwhile multicrew is a broken feature because of this.
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
Nodak

You can do it safely and consistently by doing a full stop, do the swap, than go. I suspect our sticks don't have the same definition of neutral, so best to remove all simulated force on the controls before attempting a swap.
Nodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 09:47 PM   #3
JG14_Smil

Send a message via MSN to JG14_Smil

Doesn't make it right. It's broken.
JG14_Smil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 02:44 PM   #4
DoctorStrop

I had the same. I joined a pilot mid flight, and his flaps detached when I took control. PLus the landing gear was having an issue deciding if it was up or down 60 times a second.

My youtube channel
DoctorStrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:20 PM   #5
Mnemonic
Veteran

Yep, core feature broken unfortunately.
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote