[CANT REPRODUCE] Performance problem in Quick Start mission Bomber Intercept - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-25-2019, 08:02 AM   #11
Sporg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
I see similar errors, but I dont see the same FPS drop, has everyone tried making sure they are running a clean install, no mods whatsoever, no overclocking, all drivers updated.

I can report that I have a clean install, no mods what so ever. (Cleaned via the Repair and Cleanup option in the installer)
Only Tacview running.
(tried to turn it off, but it turned on automatically)

I tried updating the GPU driver, but got same FPS drop.

I can try removing my CPU OC, but doubt it will help, it is stress tested to much higher load than what DCS delivers.

NineLine, could it be that you have a more powerful PC, so that you may get some FPS drop, but that it is not as critical as it is on a slower PC?

I can try again later, when I have some more time.

Last edited by Sporg; 06-25-2019 at 08:04 AM.
Sporg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 06:34 PM   #12
Sporg

I have now tested in the release version after update, and here the fps only drops to 35+ when the bomber action starts.
In OB it still drops to around 9.

I can't attach the release version log here, since it's too big.
(You really should look at file limits in the forum.)

Same errors seem to be present as in OB though, so I'm at a loss about the difference in fps.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:51 PM   #13
NineLine
Community Manager

Versions should be identical right now.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 02:05 PM   #14
PitbullVicious

I tried repair, deleting metashaders directory from Saved Games, but still have this problem. No Mods installed. System specs shouldn't be an issue...

EDIT: @NineLine, what kind of information could be useful here?
i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz | ASUS RTX2080Ti 11GB | 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro Throttle | MFG pedals | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | Buddy Fox UFC | 3 x TM Cougar MFD

Last edited by PitbullVicious; 07-02-2019 at 02:08 PM.
PitbullVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:14 AM   #15
Sporg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Versions should be identical right now.
Exactly, that's why it is strange that the problem occurs in one version for me, but not in the other.
Usually they work exactly the same.
Old 07-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #16
Calinho

Very bad performance for me too (1080Ti)

At normandy i get 90+ fps with Mustang and 40fps with A-8
Calinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:13 PM   #17
Ala13_ManOWar

Yesterday I experienced this. Didn't pay attention at first because I tried free flight in Caucasus map (that uses different aircraft) and saw not that much of a problem, but what I did different is flying the free flight in Normandy map, which features like 40 B-17 and two flights of ~16 Spitfires, plus ground units.

I was trying indeed to get my graphics config higher since the 2.5.5 update enhanced performance and I see consistent 60fps (Vsync on) in places where I saw before slight fps drops, so tried and even with higher graphics I get the consistent 60fps every time through the sim. Until this.

So, Fw190A-8, free flight mission in Normandy map, still solid 60fps everywhere but then I decide to see how it would be to attack the bombers… the first pass is fine, maybe a bit of fps drop but after all there's up to 40 bombers there and I get higher my graphical settings, fine. But I decide for a second pass and it's like all of the bombers IA suddenly focussed on me this time (to say something) and I get to see 16, 12, 8fps drops, I attacked a single bomber in the right wing of the formation in order not to get in the middle of them, only that bomber in sight in my windscreen, they are there but I don't see them, but I make that pass at 10fps. Not only that but I leave with my plane like a swiss cheese and still fps didn't come back to normal since a while. Decided to go all the way to Evreux aerodrome and landed with normal fps there. In the way to the aerodrome fps already stabilised which is what I wanted to check.

Since a fellow member said a possible fix and I had my CPU OCed I have made it back to standard settings and will try again this evening. Everything else he said I do every update, tried several repairs anyway just in case. What I can't say anyway is the frame drop happens due to the module, the map, the so many IA, the hardware or a combination of it.

CPU i7 4770K @4.0
24Gb RAM
GTX 1080 8Gb

S!
Old 07-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #18
LeCuvier

Based on the initial post I flew this mission about 10 times. Frame rate starts at around 50 fps and drops into the fourties and below during the action. The lowest I saw was 27 fps and that was for a very short time. It always remained flyable.
I won't fly it again though. A) the Anton performs rather badly at these altitudes. A turn without loss of altitude takes forever. B) the wingman keeps gabbing about the bandits he sees and it's very hard to get a word in and tell the flight to engage.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:38 AM   #19
PitbullVicious

The problem still persists with the latest beta version. NineLine, please advice on what information would be useful to solve this problem.
i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz | ASUS RTX2080Ti 11GB | 32GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Asus ROG Strix Z390-E | Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Sound Card | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | CH Fighter Stick Pro Throttle | MFG pedals | Track IR 5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | Buddy Fox UFC | 3 x TM Cougar MFD
PitbullVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:18 PM   #20
Flappie

Here's a fresh bug report that seems tied to the same error message (ERROR EFFECTS: ODCSParticleSystem: trying to set parameter for emitter that doesn't exists in shellExplosion.lua).

It caused our MP server to freeze, apart for one or two players. We were playing a custom modern era MP mission. It may have been triggered by a Mirage DEFA cannon round (which means the bug might be global, not just tied to the Anton).

Last edited by Flappie; 07-25-2019 at 10:20 PM.
Flappie is offline   Reply With Quote