WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET Mi-8MTV2 and UH-1H MULITCREW? - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-29-2019, 10:42 PM   #31
Weta43
Veteran

Or make it that the transfer doesn't happen until the 'new' pilot has synchronised their cyclic with the original pilot's +/- some user defined %

Example - you agree to transfer control, the second pilot looks at where the in-game collective is, and gives his controller a little circle around that area.
As the collective passes through the correct point control switches and you get a message that the transfer has happened

I have a MSFFBII, but with a standard stick don't you have to return the stick to centre after trimming before it becomes live again ? - similar idea...

Same for the collective - don't have it snap to the new position, have it only become an active control at the point where the new controller passes through the current setting.

In essence though, all the suggestions show that it's not actually a simple thing to do well for an aircraft where you can plainly see the other pilot, and in multi-player, neither player (no player for 3 seats) should be able to reach all the controls at the same time.

Maybe they should just implement a half-solution, but maybe they figure it makes more sense to take the time to implement a full solution (which is what Pilot-Mi8 said they are doing), than to do a half ars*ed job, then still have not only implementing the full solution ahead, but also squashing all the complaints that come from it being half ars*d, and any bugs, and then backing that code out before implementing the full solution.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:20 PM   #32
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
Or make it that the transfer doesn't happen until the 'new' pilot has synchronised their cyclic with the original pilot's +/- some user defined %

Example - you agree to transfer control, the second pilot looks at where the in-game collective is, and gives his controller a little circle around that area.
As the collective passes through the correct point control switches and you get a message that the transfer has happened

I have a MSFFBII, but with a standard stick don't you have to return the stick to centre after trimming before it becomes live again ? - similar idea...

Same for the collective - don't have it snap to the new position, have it only become an active control at the point where the new controller passes through the current setting.

In essence though, all the suggestions show that it's not actually a simple thing to do well for an aircraft where you can plainly see the other pilot, and in multi-player, neither player (no player for 3 seats) should be able to reach all the controls at the same time.

Maybe they should just implement a half-solution, but maybe they figure it makes more sense to take the time to implement a full solution (which is what Pilot-Mi8 said they are doing), than to do a half ars*ed job, then still have not only implementing the full solution ahead, but also squashing all the complaints that come from it being half ars*d, and any bugs, and then backing that code out before implementing the full solution.
I wouldn't mind a half- or full-a***d solution, while they work on the full blown perfect solution... if we could have sit in the left seat (and I mean JUST sit, no controls etc.) we could have already done helo pilot training with an instructor, support a friend with navigation and help spot threats, landmarks etc. for a good couple of years.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #33
ZQuickSilverZ

Note the developer did not weigh in on this at all.

It's been YEARS...... Just how patient are we supposed to be?
"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

Last edited by ZQuickSilverZ; 07-15-2019 at 05:16 AM.
ZQuickSilverZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 04:36 PM   #34
sinuos

Any news ????5years from heuy release nothing new on multi crew
Old 07-15-2019, 03:33 AM   #35
Eldur

Controls sync would be no problem if we all had FFB devices. Not just sticks, but also throttle units and rudder pedals. It would be great to have some sensing feedback in all input axes (rudder like X/Y, throttle with simulated friction and detents) in the first place, but technically it should also be possible to sync controls via FFB in multi-control cockpits, even though with the latency over network. But I mean, we'll soon be exposed to useless game streaming services like Google Stadia (that's more than just input lag), compared to that FFB sync of spring forces should be easy as pie.

For non FFB I'd probably also try to go a similar way that's been taken with the helicopter trim. In that case, give control and take control commands (both executed to be mandatory for a switch) and then "ghost" sticks/throttles/collectives displayed at the position they are at the moment for the one in control so you see where you'd have to put yours to complete the take over without getting weird control spikes due to different input positions.
Old 07-20-2019, 12:36 AM   #36
TripRodriguez

+1 to the original question. I absolutely loathe having to change seats to do the co-pilot/gunner jobs. :/ And, I'd be happy to play 2nd seat with friends half the time, and have them play 2nd seat the other half. It just kills my immersion to be doing both.

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gYiSBwy0t0
TripRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #37
Grodlund

I motly want to be a door gunner, and go FULL DAKKA
Old 07-23-2019, 01:54 PM   #38
Hook47

I would imagine we will see these features when the Hind gets released or close to it, but I would love to see some updates.
Hook47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:56 PM   #39
Mnemonic
Veteran

Multicrew is bugged in L-39, when you switch controls between pilots - airplane stresses out and receives damage, you can even loose aileron or flaps in an instance, when just giving control to your buddy. This has to be fixed. Multicrew controls is a key feature for L-39 too...

Last edited by Mnemonic; 07-23-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 04:39 AM   #40
Svsmokey

Yep , no workee l-39 either....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...88#post3989188

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote