M-2000C Mid-life Overhaul - Page 27 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 10:36 AM   #261
myHelljumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytt0rak View Post
I'm guessing you have a philosophers degree on the subforums as you have been constantly trying to undermine him.
No I'm not and I don't understand what you are trying to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytt0rak View Post
Let the man write his opinions hes talking about M2K and long awaited overhaul.
Yes, he can do that and I urge him to do it.
But talking about how the team work has little to do with the MLO, you guys can talk about it in another thread like the team presentation one.

I'm just tired of reading things that have nothing to do with the MLO in the MLO thread (IDC how the team(s) works), and I don't have anything against anybody expressing their opinions on it taking longer than said.

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #262
Dudikoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33-DFTC View Post
Regarding the lack of data, they said multiple times they finally had all the requirements to finish the module thanks to the FAF deal. I assume they set an initial MLO release date in regards with this data and their ability to integrate it into their module. You can have a setback once, even twice in a row, but at some point you need to learn from your mistake, that's what we all do on a daily basis right ? But to be honest that's not even the point, you're just diverting from the real problem in my opinion, which is : the same team is working on multiple modules despite the fact they said it was not the case.

Don't assume unhappy customers are not aware of the current business model dilemma. As I stated in the message you didn't quote, it's perfectly ok that artists and coders who are done with their work move on to the next project. As you said, nobody is expecting them to sit in a corner waiting for the module being complete. A new question arise : how others 3rd party developpers sustain themselves with long term projects ? As you mentionned another 3rd party developper, I will just say that in the last year they just redo entirely their Air to Ground radar with their own expertise and made their specific ordinance operational in single and multiplayer while we are waiting for the BAP 100 for more than two years.
The point I'm trying to make is not to throw money at them without any critique, but just to lower the expectations realistically as the thread started going towards asking ED to forbid the 3rd party devs from releasing an early access module until the previous one is 100% feature complete which I don't think is a viable option to say the least.

And by lowering expectations, I mean, don't hold every developer comment and estimate as something set in stone and then feel cheated if things don't pan out as expected. If they're silent, they get hit at, if they give a current best estimate, they also live to regret it. E.g. HB at one point practically sweared that the F-14 will be out in 2017.

In development, things change rather quickly, unexpected problems pop-up, not to mention constant changes or limitations present in the base DCS engine. So, 3rd parties being rather small teams, have to manage and shift their priorities constantly and for many I'd presume this is their side-job so there's only so many work hours available.
i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Last edited by Dudikoff; 03-05-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Dudikoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:24 AM   #263
33-DFTC

All valid points.

I just wanted to share my opinion, it is done now and I have no reason to harrass the team who made my favorite and only module.
33-DFTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:30 AM   #264
DanielNL
Veteran

DECOY, are both the ADA Airbase and the Mirage team in France?

huge Viper fan. Experienced GCI, proven F-14B RIO and AV-8B pilot - OP BlueFlag veteran since 2015
Dell Visor WMR, Ryzen 5 3600 (6C/12T), RX 580 8GB (2x HDMI)
Buddyspike BlueFlag DCS PvP server: blueflag.ml featuring: player-controllable M109 Paladin artillery - CTLD - EWR - GCI
realtime maps: gadget.buddyspike.net/
DanielNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #265
33-DFTC

In a previous post and on the October 2018 video update they said they were going to Orange, home base for the 2/5 Ile de France. Someone is specifically flying there to scan the cockpits with their new technology.
33-DFTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #266
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33-DFTC View Post
we are waiting for the BAP 100 for more than two years.
A anti-runway bomb without a popper functionality not implemented realistic by ED on DCS World, the same as the Betab and other anti-runway bombs.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:58 PM   #267
=DECOY=

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielNL View Post
DECOY, are both the ADA Airbase and the Mirage team in France?
Mirage team are the USA mainly and the ada base is in France

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Razbam Community Manager
Water cooled i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | 2080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | CV1
Razbam Website | Facebook Page | Offical Razbam YouTube Channel

=DECOY= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #268
Snappy

So, which Mirage bugs can we expect to be fixed in the meantime while we are waiting at least another half year for the MLO?
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:12 PM   #269
=DECOY=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
So, which Mirage bugs can we expect to be fixed in the meantime while we are waiting at least another half year for the MLO?
2-3 months NOT half a year !

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Razbam Community Manager
Water cooled i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | 2080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | CV1
Razbam Website | Facebook Page | Offical Razbam YouTube Channel

=DECOY= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #270
Snappy

I know what you wrote about May/June but sorry to say so, given Razbams way of operating in the past I‘m taking that with a huge grain of salt.

But the question was serious.You said work on minor fixes continues nontheless.
So which bug fixes may we expect while waiting for the MLO?

Kind regards,

snappy
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote