NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod - Page 109 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #1081
mwlue

I'm curious if padlock view is included in the upcoming 1.03? Or could I add it myself in current 1.02?
mwlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 02:02 PM   #1082
Nealius
Veteran

Anyone else having TACAN issues? I'm wondering if it's me or the new TACAN settings that got worked into DCS.

Also, I forgot how much fun this thing is! Carrier work is a blast! I'm guessing there's no workaround for the Scooter taking off again if you hit full power on a trap?

ASUS Z170 | i5-7600 | RTX2070 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #1083
Tirak

I've had no major issues with TACAN. It is a line of sight system so make sure there's no mountains or anything between you and the emitter.

As long as you pull off the power before the rollback is finished there should be no issue with taking off again at full power.
Tirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #1084
solidGad

Great mod. So much fun. Love flying this bird!

Any suggestions on the best Russian SAMs to use the Shrike on? Can't get mine to lock on.

Thanks!
solidGad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 03:57 PM   #1085
norbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidGad View Post

Any suggestions on the best Russian SAMs to use the Shrike on? Can't get mine to lock on.

Thanks!
Try it with an SA-2 group for the beginning (SAM SR P-19 for search, Fan-Song for tracking and some SA-2 launchers). Works perfectly. Engage the SR P-19 from something like 12 nm away. You will have to beam a few times in order to get close enough, but it works.

Can't wait for version 1.03 where we probably will have a lock tone and maybe even ECM - or at least some warning tone and light, when a SAM is launched.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #1086
Tirak

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbot View Post
Try it with an SA-2 group for the beginning (SAM SR P-19 for search, Fan-Song for tracking and some SA-2 launchers). Works perfectly. Engage the SR P-19 from something like 12 nm away. You will have to beam a few times in order to get close enough, but it works.

Can't wait for version 1.03 where we probably will have a lock tone and maybe even ECM - or at least some warning tone and light, when a SAM is launched.
Well in the current alpha version the Shrike Lock tone works and is amazing at improving your accuracy with Shrikes within weapon parameters, and the simple RWR is working very well, though you'll have to get used to the base tone that plays continuously and the threat light works well too. The more advanced RWR is working in testing, but is still a while away from being a useful player aid.
Tirak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:04 PM   #1087
claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidGad View Post

Thanks!
Try this mission. It gives you everthing you need to use the Scooter in the SEAD role (and it is fun). https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...se_id=16411000
claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:13 PM   #1088
solidGad

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbot View Post

Thanks! I will try that!
Old 03-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #1089
solidGad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirak View Post
Well in the current alpha version the Shrike Lock tone works and is amazing at improving your accuracy with Shrikes within weapon parameters, and the simple RWR is working very well, though you'll have to get used to the base tone that plays continuously and the threat light works well too. The more advanced RWR is working in testing, but is still a while away from being a useful player aid.
Awesome. Can't wait for it to go live!
Old 03-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #1090
solidGad

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Try this mission. It gives you everthing you need to use the Scooter in the SEAD role (and it is fun). https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...se_id=16411000
Thank you very much! I will give that a try tonight!