Chain Home Radar Mod - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-03-2019, 05:49 PM   #71
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNTSAG View Post
The Mod is now updated and the relevant lua file that needs to be changed, has been added as an attachment in the first post. Cheers
Thanks a lot, I will give it a try tonight

Edit: Does this means that the Mod no longer uses the Patriot SAM to function, or I still have to disable the Mod when playing modern sceneries?

Last edited by Rudel_chw; 01-03-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:16 PM   #72
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Im trying to communicate with the Radar station but im not able.

For example i´ve set 127.5 VHF AM as the frequency for the Radar Antenna and the same for my Channel A radio but when im using it the Radar is not answering, only silence.

What im doing worong?

Im using the new .lua instead of the old one with the latest mod version.

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860-GTX 1060 KFA2- 6G RAM-1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:31 PM   #73
SUNTSAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudel_chw View Post
Thanks a lot, I will give it a try tonight

Edit: Does this means that the Mod no longer uses the Patriot SAM to function, or I still have to disable the Mod when playing modern sceneries?
I believe I fixed that in the previous update. Same applies here Patriot should be fine to place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esac_mirmidon View Post
Im trying to communicate with the Radar station but im not able.

For example i´ve set 127.5 VHF AM as the frequency for the Radar Antenna and the same for my Channel A radio but when im using it the Radar is not answering, only silence.

What im doing worong?

Im using the new .lua instead of the old one with the latest mod version.
Hope these might help:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chain1.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	201319   Click image for larger version

Name:	chain2.JPG
Views:	278
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	201320  
Old 01-03-2019, 06:33 PM   #74
SUNTSAG

Old 01-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #75
Esac_mirmidon
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Esac_mirmidon

Well now is working. I was doing the same but cloning your setings are making it work

Thanks for your kind support.

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860-GTX 1060 KFA2- 6G RAM-1920x1080

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4
Esac_mirmidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:59 PM   #76
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
I believe I fixed that in the previous update. Same applies here Patriot should be fine to place.
Yes, you are right, it was me that was still using the initial version of your Mod. Now it works perfect, I even made a Static Template to make it easier to add them into existing missions. It requires your Mod and ED's Assets Pack.

As the Static Templates cant save trigger zones (that I use for naming places), I've included a .miz to show what sites are on the template, the location info was taken from wikipedia:

http://www.anti-aircraft.co.uk/chain_home_map.html

Best regards

PS: Had to zip the Static Template, as the Forum's attachment system doesnt accept the extension
Attached Files
File Type: zip Normandy - Blue - Home Chain Radar Sites.zip (10.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: miz Normandy - Blue - Home Chain Radar Site.miz (17.2 KB, 18 views)
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:19 AM   #77
71st_AH Rob

Quote:
I have discovered a way to have this Mod function without the need for any scripts to be loaded. I shall update soon. Cheers.

You sir, are a GENIUS! What a Christmas present

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:58 PM   #78
too-cool

Quote:
Hi All,

Chain Home Radar Mod by the BFVG

So what's in our latest WWII pack that is 1.57 OpenBeta & 2.1 NTTR + Normandy compatible......

Contents:

• Transmitter Tower.
• Receiver Tower.
• Control Centre Bunkers x2.
• Nissen Hut.
• RDF Station Building.
• Sandbag Emplacement.
• Chain Home Radar Script based upon Steggles original EWRS Script.
• Sound Files x2.
*Note You will find all the items INCLUDING THE BUILDINGS listed under "AIR Defence" in the ME.

Everything you will need to build your own fully functioning Chain Home radar Station. By using the script provided, you will be able to request a picture in flight via the F10 menu and the radar will feed back bandit information. The original script is not mine and a big shout out goes to Steggles for the original EWRS script.

I have included sound files that will also need to be loaded via the mission editor. When the script first starts you will hear a radio mike switch and when you ask for a picture, you will hear a very short message from your GCI. If you don't wish to hear them, simply do not include the sound files in the ME during your build. For the script to function, you will require a copy of the excellent Mist and CTLD:

MIST: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...highlight=ctld
CTLD: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=143107

Download Pack Here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eOj...ew?usp=sharing Revised link(9th August 201

Activating the Mod:

Simply download and extract the mod folder (WW2 RDF Radar Station)and then place it in your relevant saved games folder relating to the version of DCS you are running: Users/YOUR NAME/Saved Games/DCS VERSION/Mods/Tech.

Now Save the .miz file in your missions folder and you can save the ScriptNSounds folder anywhere you wish.

Refer to the rdf.miz file included as an example, regarding the use of the Chain Home Radar Script in the Mission Editor. The script will only report bandit information if the Transmitter towers are intact/not destroyed, thus adding an interesting dimension to WWII mission objectives; from BOTH SIDES perspective. We hope you enjoy.

** Important Note we have used data from the Patriot Radar to enable the mod to function with the script. Remove the Mod from the tech folder if you wish to return to a modern scenario and see the patriot radar in game rather than our transmitter tower.**

Update: 3rd January 2018:

The Mod can now function without the need for a script. Simply download the attached lua file and replace the one in the current mod with it. You will need to assign a radio channel in the ME to receive the broadcast messages. Just remember to tune your radio in pit.

Cheers

The BFVG (British Fighting Vehicle Group)

SUNTSAG (Callsign: Naked)

Mithandra (Callsign: Specter)
I'm not understanding the update, exactly what is the name of the file I should be replacing with this new lua file? Thanks TC
Win7 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 850AT ps | Asus Rampage 5 Edition 10 MB | I7 6850K @4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 32GB DDR4-3200 Gskill Mem | Asus 1080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 24" 1440 Monitor | X55 Rhino F/C | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |
too-cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #79
claw

I'm on 2.5.4. I installed the mod following the instructions in the Youtube film. I get the radio click and the message that Chain Home is "manned". I also have the F10 menu in comms. But I never get any BRA call. Is it an issue with the latest version of DCS or am I missing something?
claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #80
SUNTSAG

I haven't tried the old version of the mod in the latest update not since I upgraded the mod on the 3rd January. I use the latest version. Cheers