Op Dixmude - Nadir?

littlepe

Hi all. I am working my way through Op Dixmude - very good but very challenging. It states that you must have a good understanding of Nadir to do this op.

I have read all the info I can get on Nadir and as far as I can understand the maximum number of waypoints that can be stored is 9.

Mission 5 has 25 waypoints which must be followed and I daresay their are triggers along the route, which if you miss will impede progress.

Am I wrong and is there a way to store and bring up waypoints above no.9?

Mission 5 has 25 waypoints which must be followed and I daresay their are triggers along the route, which if you miss will impede progress.

Am I wrong and is there a way to store and bring up waypoints above no.9?

9 is the max number the NADIR can store, so you'll need to study the flight plane and input your own WP's perhaps reusing some for ingress/egress or updating the co-ordinates as you move through the flight plan.

Note: DCS will autoload the 1st 9 waypoints of the route but they may not be the best for navigation.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks Ramsay. The mission involves high speed flight at very low altitude - below 10m - so no time for en route programming - I could get the co' to do it but he is lazy.;-) The route starts at sea and ends inland after a zip through the mountains so reusing WP's not possible. Makes you wonder what the designers had in mind. I think I will try using the kneeboard and current position indication.

It's been a while since I played that scenario but as I recall your route follows a lot of geographical features like rivers and roads so good old VFR should get you there. It was a challenging scenario but I surprised myself by hitting the target on my first go.