1.5.8 and 2.2.0 to 2.5 transition Discussion

USSR_Rik

• ED Team
"Some time (maybe one-two weeks, we hope no more) for wide test of this procedure."

Does this now mean you will be missing the "End of January" deadline you have promised?

One week takes us to the 31st, and 2 weeks takes us to February. If you're testing it on the 31st you are sure as hell cutting it fine!

It means only one: you can get 2.5 version as soon as it released first time - i.e. at the end of January or you can wait for these 1..2 weeks and get it later. On your choise.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Some time (maybe one-two weeks, we hope no more) for wide test of this procedure."

Does this now mean you will be missing the "End of January" deadline you have promised?

One week takes us to the 31st, and 2 weeks takes us to February. If you're testing it on the 31st you are sure as hell cutting it fine!

I'm not quite understanding this either. I hope there is some clarification what they are going to be "wide testing". It leads me to believe that this may be going down to the very end of this month. :music_whistling:

EDIT:

It means only one: you can get 2.5 version as soon as it released first time - i.e. at the end of January or you can wait for these 1..2 weeks and get it later. On your choise.

Thanks for clarifying Rik

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

I suppose the Open beta will be available this week and the release one in "few" weeks as stated.

But they will still meet their deadline to release the 2.5 in January. Even if it is beta, it will still be available to the whole public.

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

I suppose the Open beta will be available this week and the release one in "few" weeks as stated.

But they will still meet their deadline to release the 2.5 in January. Even if it is beta, it will still be available to the whole public.

That's how I understand it as well!

On the 1-stage and 2-stage update there is an explicit hint that the 2.2 uninstallation is user prompted, that hint is missing for the 2.5 standalone installation. Will it remove the 2.2 automatically, or will it also be my choice to keep 2.2?

"Sieh nur, wie majestätisch du durch die Luft segelst. Wie ein Adler. Ein fetter Adler."

http://www.space-view.net

• ED Team
On the 1-stage and 2-stage update there is an explicit hint that the 2.2 uninstallation is user prompted, that hint is missing for the 2.5 standalone installation. Will it remove the 2.2 automatically, or will it also be my choice to keep 2.2?

Removal of 2.2 is optional in either case.

• Like 1

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

When will 1.5.8 open beta update to 2.5 open beta?

I know I'm unlikely to get an answer, but nobody else asked so I guess it is worth a shot...

you can expect it to have it installed on your whateverdisc within the the next 2 weeks. Release was set to End of January 2018...just a couple days left.

New Saved Games\DCS.release_1_5 will be created for 1.5 Final version and all content will be copied into it from Saved Games\DCS.

Missions that were created either on 1.5.8 and/or 2.2.0, will it be possible to load them into ME, save and thus convert them to 2.5 Game Version?

Additionally, how will DCS World steam version update take place? Will it happen simultaneously to the actual relese, or will it happen shifted? It´s not for me, I´m asking for some friends who are quite new to DCS and running it via steam, thanks.

Edited by MemphisBelle

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

On my SSD 1.5.8 and 2.2 is 106GB, I have 40GB left on my SSD.

I also have +500GGB on my mechanical HD.

1: I imagine 40GB free space on my SSD is to small to install 2.5 ?

2: What are my options to install 2.5 on my SSD ? Delete DCS & do a clean install ?

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

On my SSD 1.5.8 and 2.2 is 106GB, I have 40GB left on my SSD.

I also have +500GGB on my mechanical HD.

1: I imagine 40GB free space on my SSD is to small to install 2.5 ?

2: What are my options to install 2.5 on my SSD ? Delete DCS & do a clean install ?

Move 2.2 (for instance) to your HDD, then create a junctions (mklink /J Link Target, Windows) to the moved directory in the original location. Windows will believe 2.2 is installed at its original place but you have freed up the space.

• Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Open Alpha 2.2.0: this branch is no more supported. If user have only 2.2.0 Open Alpha, we will suggest to download 2.5 installer - it will install 2.5 release and remove 2.2.0 Open Alpha.

My SSD only has 20GB free....... music_whistling.gif

Essential: How much free disk space do I need? helpsmilie.gif

• Like 1

Can't get any more clear and easy. Great work ED :thumbup:

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

• ED Team
Open Alpha 2.2.0: this branch is no more supported.
More precisely: 2.2.0 will no longer supported after 2.5 issue. I corrected first post.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

Is going to be for download an .exe file to install 2.5 Open Beta and 2.5 Release from scratch?

I mean with not a single DCS version installed on any drive be able to download an .exe file to start from zero a complete DCS 2.5 install?

Thanks

I also would like to know this. I was planning to uninstall everything and go for 2.5 from scratch.

Can't get any more clear and easy. Great work ED :thumbup:

If u r that clear please answer a few queries of mine.

1 - At stage 1..... 1.5.8 beta will be updated to 2.5 beta. But my question is why would someone have 1.5.8 beta version when 1.5.8 stable is out there? ....

2 - My assumption was that 2.5 will merge all version and wre will have one version that is 2.5. But if we opt not to un install 1.5.8 and 2.2 then does it mean that we will end up having three different versions?

3 - if 2.2 will be dead after 2.5, then why we will get option to keep 2.2 dead version ?

• ED Team
I have 1.5 in my hdd and 2.2 on my ssd, will it allow me to update to 2.5 on my ssd or should I just do the 2.5 installer ?
I suggest to uninstall 2.2.0 (in order to free enough space on SSD) and then make fresh installation 2.5 on SSD (it will take some files from 1.5). Terrain(s) should be installed later as usual - from Module Manager.

G.K. Chesterton

I read it as a wide test of the procedure to update to 2.5 by the method described. I take it that wasn't the meaning then.

Hopefully we'll see the update out this week as anticipated then. I don't mind which, as long as we are not misreading the situation.

Personally, I would be happy to see a smooth run out rather than a quick one.

If u r that clear please answer a few queries of mine.

1 - At stage 1..... 1.5.8 beta will be updated to 2.5 beta. But my question is why would someone have 1.5.8 beta version when 1.5.8 stable is out there? ....

2 - My assumption was that 2.5 will merge all version and wre will have one version that is 2.5. But if we opt not to un install 1.5.8 and 2.2 then does it mean that we will end up having three different versions?

3 - if 2.2 will be dead after 2.5, then why we will get option to keep 2.2 dead version ?

My answer to that would be for supporting online play. Maybe virtual squadrons will hold back updating the servers to ensure everyone can still join and play, just not with the newest, shiniest toys in the play pen. They'll then update as time / requirements / ability to migrate team missions see fit.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

i7-7700K 4.2 GHz, Gigabyte GTX 980 4Gb, Asus Prime z270k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz, Plextor PCIe SSD 256Gb, Samsung EVO 750 SSD 500Gb, 9.5TB SATA incl 4TB Mirrored. Saitek X52-Pro

Everyone updating at the same time, and it's such a huge update...

Think the servers might crash like once before? I vaguely remember a time when there was so much traffic for something that the servers crashed.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]