[MISSING TRACK FILE] F18 aspect indicator bug

nighthawk2174

This has been bugged for a while but seeing as no one has posted about it I felt like I should

As the video shows the target that I have locked up and his aspect arrow that is attached to the WEZ circle starts to just dance all over the place. It is not too common to see it do this, it really only began after the last patch. More often than not it will just be pointing in a completely wrong direction. So the Vc would be 1600kts but the aspect arrow will show him as cold and running away. This is a big issue as this seems to tie into the WEZ calculation. When the arrow is pointing the wrong way (when it shouldn't be) you won't get an accurate WEZ as it seems to think the target is running away. (an example of this is right at the end of the vid)

Edited by nighthawk2174

I’m hoping this will be resolved with the targets switching automatically when locked. But you are correct. I’ve seen this behavior too and also had times when a target locked the closure didn’t wind down counterclockwise when clearly it was a head on fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Have been experiencing similar. In a2a engagement against AI there is sometimes no range ring indicator for the aim 7 and last time I had it happen when I switched to 9m’s the indicator was just spinning round and round. I’ll try to remember a track file next time it happens.

Have been experiencing similar. In a2a engagement against AI there is sometimes no range ring indicator for the aim 7 and last time I had it happen when I switched to 9m’s the indicator was just spinning round and round. I’ll try to remember a track file next time it happens.

Yep, seen that before too. It happened when two targets were right on top of each other or very close proximity of each other. The WEZ counter was spinning around like you were in a time machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Setup a short intercept against a couple migs to practice with the aim-7 and simple intercepts in general. Sometimes (most of the time) I get a sort of generic range ring. Nothing counts down, there seems to be a max/min range mark but not the proper rmax, rmin, no escape marks that should be there. It almost looks like a place holder graphic imo. It was staying till I got within 10km then it would change to the proper range ring.

(EDIT: Dont think its a bug, need to pay more attention to the ranges at which it happens but I think its just a different ring you get at longer ranges that I havent been able to find any documentation for. As for the spinning range marker on the 9'ms I'll have to watch for that again as well as the incorrect heading arrow and will try to save the track next time I see it.)

Edited by Talonx1