[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] slave WPDSG to lantirn?

silentbob11

Maybe a noob question but - if I press WPDSG on HSI or SA page - I can see the diamond on the HUD but when I try to depress and desegregate it - it seem to lock on a different place completely.

I hope I'm clear about what I'm asking - I'm just trying to slave the WPDSG to the LANTIRN pod

SB11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

14 has the LANTIRN pod, 18 has the Litening pod.

If you OSB push button on WPDSG, you will have to OSB push button again on WPDSG in order to undesignate the target. (Always a good habit to NWS for undesignate).

When using the Litening Pod to designate a specific target, you will need to have the FLIR as SOI, then TDC depress to designate a target. NWS to undesignate.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

14 has the LANTIRN pod, 18 has the Litening pod.

If you OSB push button on WPDSG, you will have to OSB push button again on WPDSG in order to undesignate the target. (Always a good habit to NWS for undesignate).

When using the Litening Pod to designate a specific target, you will need to have the FLIR as SOI, then TDC depress to designate a target. NWS to undesignate.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

You're correct sir, :thumbup: I was referring to tha LITENING pod of the Hornet. My bad.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out how to make the FLIR designation point "follow" the WPDSG point - assign OSB WPT than OSB WPDSG than make the FLIR as SOI and than "SOMEHOW" make it align with the waypoint I designated with the WPDSG earlier. that what I am looking for

Thanx

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

You're correct sir, :thumbup: I was referring to tha LITENING pod of the Hornet. My bad.

Anyway, I was trying to figure out how to make the FLIR designation point "follow" the WPDSG point - assign OSB WPT than OSB WPDSG than make the FLIR as SOI and than "SOMEHOW" make it align with the waypoint I designated with the WPDSG earlier. that what I am looking for

Thanx

Having FLIR as SOI, the depressing WPDSG on the SA or HSI after having the desired waypoint selected, should automatically slave the TGP to that point. But I’m not certain that ED has implemented this yet for the Hornet.. For now I believe you have to use the SA page for reference, and place the Litening pod “indicator” over the desired waypoint, and with the FLIR as SOI, just move the TDC cursor to get it to latch in the approximate area (can be fairly precise this way).

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Is there a way to slave the LANTIRN to the active steerpoint or is that still in the works?

It's already possible to slave the LANTIRN to various waypoints using the QWp- and QWp+ functions on the S3 hat of the Tomcat. The Hornet does not use the LANTIRN as mentioned above.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ability to slave TGP to a waypoint

Is this ever going to happen? A TGP is a targeting tool, not a search tool. To have a TGP that doesn't have that ability is a severe degradation, when employing the Hornet as it should be. Same for the AV8. As far as I know, the A-10C is the only module where we can slew a TGP to a point using both Lat Long and MGRS. Bonus would be to have the TGP in the A/G mode linked to the JHMCS.

Paco

It's going to happen sometime in the future. ED said December will be a great month for the Hornet, and that TGP improvements are planned. Personally- I would like to hear about:

-Slave to target and CZ

-Missing symbology such as: coordinates, range, scale, airplane orientation, north arrow

-HUD symbology

-Status of SP and A/A mode

Is this ever going to happen? A TGP is a targeting tool, not a search tool. To have a TGP that doesn't have that ability is a severe degradation, when employing the Hornet as it should be. Same for the AV8. As far as I know, the A-10C is the only module where we can slew a TGP to a point using both Lat Long and MGRS. Bonus would be to have the TGP in the A/G mode linked to the JHMCS.

Exactly, the TGP is a targeting tool, not a search tool. So instead of being forced to slew it around manually to search for the correct target, we should be able to point it on given target locations.

Btw, even the F-14s LANTIRN can be slewed to various waypoints, not just the A-10Cs TGP.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

OK so no slaving to WP at the moment.

but

is there a way to slew the TGP diamond on the HUD? right now you can slew to search for a target on the FLIR screen, while the HUD diamond stays on its previous location. Only depressing TDC makes the HUD diamond "jump" to correspond with it's FLIR screen location. Is there a way to make the FLIR screen and the HUD diamond move together?

SB11

Not that I have discovered as of yet, and have done my fair share of discovering....

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Looks like the Hornet was rushed out super half baked... even for ED standards...

It's the TGP that was released super half baked - not the Hornet itself. There was silence on that front (TGP) since it was originally released, but that's probably because of the priorities at that time (Viper)

OK so no slaving to WP at the moment.

but

is there a way to slew the TGP diamond on the HUD? right now you can slew to search for a target on the FLIR screen, while the HUD diamond stays on its previous location. Only depressing TDC makes the HUD diamond "jump" to correspond with it's FLIR screen location. Is there a way to make the FLIR screen and the HUD diamond move together?

SB11

HUD indication is still in development and will come later. Same is true for WP-slaving AFAIK.

Tornado3 small.jpg