Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

Welcome back, Barthek

Looks amazing, so far

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

WOW!!!

Looks stunning... wondering If we can still give it a tropical look to this map, is possible to change the trees?

Yes, the trees look like ... cheap plastic

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Hi.

I used Stairway and Mustang mods and great respect for them for their work. But I have been using Barthek's mod for over a year and I have to say that it suits me best. I look forward to the rest.

W10 64bit, i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, GTX 1070Ti, 27" FullHD monitor

Have been following you elsewhere in the meantime. Good to see you back. As for these textures, the fields look good for a general European look. Crisp and sharp, (But not much like the actual fields in the Caucasus region, as you know). I still like it though. Trees look too dark. Also, I am very interested in your noise textures, as they constitute the largest portion of the map. Looking forward to see this progress.

Hello,

thank you for your interest in the project. I want to make the Caucasus look as authentic as possible now, hence, I haven't finished editing fields yet. Below, please find the latest results of my experiments, based on the satellite image of the region. Other textures (like trees) have been taken from my last mod, so please disregard them, as they will be changed to match the whole scenery.

6XGA0Ln.png

BJ9jvGp.png

YrRZzvs.png

4NMdjlc.png

3AgJ8sE.png

ckuGzWn.png

As you can see, the main focus for me is to get as much detain as possible from the fields, making them look authentic from both - low and high altitudes. Once I am happy with the results, I will move on to other textures.

Regards,

Barthek

You have always been very good with field textures, and these ones look top of the line. The real challenge now is to combine them with a good noise. This is very difficult, but I have faith that you can pull it off after seeing these pics. If I may sugggest something is that you avoid baked in forests (Which you usually don't do anyway). In your last mod posted elsewhere, the noise was ok, but looked a bit off at lower level. The balance, both in harmozing the general colour scheme with the fields, as well as making it good at high/med/low alt is truly challanging. Also btw- I think the mountain textures you had in the last one was top notch.

Wow, these looks really very well made!

Looking forward to be downloading them!

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

Awesome. Thank you so much, Barthek

So, you will change the trees, as well ?!

If so, could you please modify the hight?

They are way too big / tall

I think Stratos :huh:

?:/DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/terrains/Caucasus/vfstextures/NoiseSummer.zip/noise_1.tif.dds

Salutos de Alemania

I think you're right, thanks for the help.

Unfortunately that's what I get If I try to repaint the terrain to get a tropical look.

UXuX3EA.png

How I wish Starway could build a Green Thunder mod for 2.5!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Hello,

I am after another modding session, here are the results:

lzjvqDR.png

pEhzLim.png

MyNTc1O.png

aHHYvWJ.png

dyHSqqo.png

mylADHT.png

qFjoQm8.png

qHniQdV.png

NnEUceT.png

IMHO, the fields look not that bad now, so I will move further, focusing on the trees and cities. I'll see what I can do. Stay tuned!

Barthek

• Like 1

Amazing. It looks great

Thank you so much, Barthek

Only those ugly / awful / creepy trees .....

Colored roofs would be great, too, but that's a different story

:D