Cockpit clicky sounds gone for anyone else?

EasyEB

Hi,

Not gone, .. just barely audible. :(

On the release version, with in-cockpit sounds at 50%, I can hear the switches clearly.

On the open beta, .. even with in-cockpit sounds at 100%, they are not as audible as the release version at 50%.

Of course, that's when the cockpit is cold and dark. Doubt I would hear those switches on the open beta, .. with the engine running. :(

Cheers

Tom

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Just picture yourself in the cockpit with earbuds, a helmet, and a very very noisy environment around you.

How much do you expect to hear those "clicks"? Surely you can feel them with your touch sense, but not really hear them imho.

Yes, of course. But since there is no tactile feedback in a mouse clicking on a button or next to a button an audible click is a perfect inbetween solution.

Now you can adjust the volume of the cockpit switches using the new slider "Switches" in the audio settings

... now you can increase the volume of the switches 3 times. Therefore, I think that they can be heard everywhere.

I assume you mean we will be able to this in a later patch, as there's no Options>Audio>"Switches" slider in the current Open Beta 2.5.5.38140

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

It depends on the engine on board :)

But now you can increase the volume of the switches 3 times. Therefore, I think that they can be heard everywhere.

For clarification, and to avoid confusion on my side at least.... This is something that is planned for the upcoming patch/update for DCS - or one planned for the future? I only ask, because I do not see this as an option, in the current Open Beta (38140)....

I assume you mean we will be able to this in a later patch, as there's no Options>Audio>"Switches" slider in the current Open Beta 2.5.5.38140

+1

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

This is already implemented in the trunk version. I hope you get this in coming updates. Please, be patient

Cool, thanks for the information!

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread. I haven't flown the Warthog in many, many months, but the issue with the "silent switches" has been annoying me in other models for ages. It'll actually add a lot to the tactile feel and sense of responsiveness of the cockpits (for me) once this feature becomes available.

Looking forward to it. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• ED Team
but the issue with the "silent switches"

Sorry :) we are just trying to make everything as realistic as possible. therefore, the volume of the switches cannot be loud by default. I hope the new feature with "Switches" slider wil help u

Is this going to have any influence on the sounds from third party developers as well? For example, could I turn down the switch sounds on the F-14?

By default - No. They will have to make minor edits.

What is going on with this? It’s been two updates and it’s not yet implemented.

Sorry, not all tests passed. Please, be patient

Best regards,

Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)

Sorry :) we are just trying to make everything as realistic as possible. therefore, the volume of the switches cannot be loud by default. I hope the new feature with "Switches" slider wil help u

Roger that! Thanks for taking the time.

The volume slider works great for the switches. Thanks. But would it be possible to add buttons audio to be controlled with the same switch?

Yep. Totally understand. Thanks for the info, btd. :thumbup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I lost the sound of buttons/switches in the cockpit after the last open beta update. Anyone else?

last update the switch sounds are now adjustable in ob, and at 140% for me they are perfect big thanks to ed for sorting this...

now looking forward to new cockpit update....

• 4 weeks later...