How to Correctly Install Your Mods

It would be a nice enhancement eventually to have this folder be configurable so you could have it somewhere else than your C: drive as I keep that for system stuff as much as possible.

Although I guess a symbolic link would work?

yes, you can put the liveries and kneeboard folder to D or E drive

but be careful, you have to use cmd mklink /d to create the symbolic link, right click -> shortcut does not work for folder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Thank you very much uboats :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

this is a bit confusing... I'm getting dumped by two DDS files for planes that I don't own... the files are located in C:\DCS_World\CoreMods\aircraft\AJS37\Textures This one "lns_vig_fuselage_l.dds" is dated 2/19/2017 3:32 10,913 KB is this the same for anyone else??? I DONT HAVE ANY MODS.... my install dir is pure, cleaned, repaired and updated... The files the IC is complaining about are in the dir I listed above.. AND THIS IS A DCS DIRECTORY... I have no mods or edits there. The files are dated 2/19/2017 they are DCS files and the IC is rejecting them...????

So OK for the mods that go to Mods directory, but what about all the others with modifications of Bazar, Scripts, Config or any other directory that might be not there in Saved Games? Can they be also copied in a similar structure under saved games/DCSxx/ ?

I just don't want to manage several configurations under ovGME depending on whether some mods are good into saved Games and some other needs to go into DCS installation.

Thanks.

My biggest problem is trying to see that ugly green color in the Hood against the light background or sky. I've changed the colors in the HUD INIT file in the main directory to black and a pinkish Brown. This works great for me in single player but fails the Integrity check on any server using it. I tried putting the same path name in under the user directory what the HUD colors do not change. So obviously just putting the path name in the file in the user directory is not going to work at least for this case. Something as simple and harmless as changing the color of the HUD should not cause an Integrity check failure but I totally understand the reasoning. Perhaps if you're listening Ed you might make this an option that could pass Integrity check. I'm sure many old farts like me would really appreciate it

Forget it..

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Be sure the path for UH-1 cockpit textures you are using is:

Saved Games\DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Textures

And that you have a aircraft folder inside Mods.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Edit: It seems no mods I install into the Saved Games folder work....sigh

See my fix this thread.

If that does not work for your cockpit textures,

Do this,

Zip the files for your cockpit textures into a zip.

Navigate to the original aircraft folder cockpit\Textures.

In this folder, you will find a zip file

Back it up and then copy your zip to this location.

Rename it to the original files name.

If the files you have are not complete cockpit texture file sets, only your pic files, just add your files to the original zip file and leave it in place.

I have not tried this but other custom cockpits I have worked with, this is how it is done.

A final thought, You may also need to add you files to the aircraft texture files in Mods\aircraft\your aircraft\textures folder.

Hope this helps

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Possible solution for you.

kM29nTW.jpg

You can open the file uh1_panel_c_gray.bmp with Photoshop, edit to your own taste and put the file again inside DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Textures dragging it inside UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip.

The original file is inside the same .zip

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Hi UBoats,

Finally got JSGM working.

Then found our article about putting mods into saved games

So I had it working, in _MODS I had a folder ‘stinger’ Mods/Aircraft/FA-18C, it worked fine.

Have tried to move it to saved games

‘stinger’ Users/NAME/Saved Games/DCS/Mods/Aircraft/FA-18C.

I can copy and paste the FA-18C to that folder and the game works

But using the last string above, nothing appears in the aircraft folder in the saved games

The _MODS is in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS WORLD\

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

No rush, just puzzled, got it working in one location, but cannot get JSGME to put the files in the other location

Hi UBoats,

Finally got JSGM working.

Then found our article about putting mods into saved games

So I had it working, in _MODS I had a folder ‘stinger’ Mods/Aircraft/FA-18C, it worked fine.

Have tried to move it to saved games

‘stinger’ Users/NAME/Saved Games/DCS/Mods/Aircraft/FA-18C.

I can copy and paste the FA-18C to that folder and the game works

But using the last string above, nothing appears in the aircraft folder in the saved games

The _MODS is in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS WORLD\

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

No rush, just puzzled, got it working in one location, but cannot get JSGME to put the files in the other location

And, after you add the mod with JSGME, do you find "Users/NAME/Saved Games/DCS/Mods/Aircraft/FA-18C" in your DCS World folder? I think that's the problem. [REMAINDER DELETED]

EDIT: The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide: Step 3. Then restructure your mods to reflect the changes from the Saved Games starting point you choose.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Hello Ironhand, Will sleep on this on, I'm doing something daft but can't see it. Any assistance appreciated. Will get back to this tomorrow, thank you

Sorry. Lost track of this particular thread. Have you gotten things figured out?

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 2 weeks later...
Since recent update, here come several IC issues caused by mods.

In this post, I will share what I know about mods installation

Usually, players installed their mods directly into DCS installation folder, which is not a proper way, since this could break object world ID, especially for those of 3rd parties.

1. DCS mirror under "Saved Game/DCS.xx/"

• This is a mirror of DCS installation and follow the same folder structure of your DCS installation folder.
  • You can move all your mods which you put them under "DCS/CoreMods/" or "DCS/Mods/" to here with same structure.

"Saved Game/DCS.xx/CoreMods/aircraft/Ship_AI"

"Saved Game/DCS.xx/Mods/aircraft/F-104_Flyable_Mod"

• This will let all the world ID declared in mods not break those for authorized modules.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165966&d=1500250511

2. Liveries [recommended in Saved Game]

• It's better to put the liveries under "Saved Game", since it's much easier to manage
  • For those who have multiple DCS installs, you can use folder link to keep only one copy of liveries

a. enter saved game/dcs.xx/

b. open cmd and navigate to above path

c.

*. same to Kneeboard

attachment.php?attachmentid=165965&d=1500250511

• This not only works for skins, but also customized cockpit liveries

attachment.php?attachmentid=165967&d=1500250511

Just tried, and found that IC may change its logic

so below ways cannot be used in MP :(

Tried several ways, none works :(

So above is ALL what I know about the DCS structure and tricks.

Although 3 and 4 do NOT work for latest IC, 1 and 2 are still recommended (reason due to NDA)

Best regards,

uboats

Have been using JSGME for years.

So, now JSGME no longer functions as it was designed to do?

Using JSGME : Quartermaster's 109 mod does not work on the Burning Skies 2.1.1 server, yet It works fine on F99th's Normandy map in 2.1.1 and a few other WWII servers in 2.1.1

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have been using JSGME for years.

So, now JSGME no longer functions as it was designed to do?

Using JSGME : Quartermaster's 109 mod does not work on the Burning Skies 2.1.1 server, yet It works fine on F99th's Normandy map in 2.1.1 and a few other WWII servers in 2.1.1

JSGME still works, you either need to edit the JSGME.cfg file or just install it in the

"C:\Users\Rob\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha" folder and move your JSGME mods folder to your saved games as explained above but in a folder called "_MODS" or whatever you called it before.

Bottom line, just move JSGME and the associated mod folder from the root directory to the saved games directory.

• 3 weeks later...

So if we would like to use Mods, where do we find the exact same copy of the program to download and install as displayed in original post?

My folder structure looks nothing like that.

In my "install created" saved game folder (er's 1xBeta and 1xAlha) there are less folders, putting Mods in any of them does nothing just now.

If we have to use mods in separate installs so as to not alter program owned files, why are we instructed to alter program owned files to re-direct the program to the altered files?

If this does not work for your desperately needed mod, go back to altering program owned files as you were before via JMGSE.

I'm more confused than ever. Can we not use mods anymore without four copies of the program install?

Two installs (1xBeta and 1xAlpha) as per download and install on drive "D"

Two copies (1xBeta and 1xAlpha) in "C/users/ bla/ Saved Games.......... just to use Mods?

After an update or patch, do we then delete these extra installs and re-copy and install on the copies our mods? Then alter program files to the new updated redirected modsfilesthings

There are mods still being made/posted/downloaded, can we not use these without being in breach of agreement when first installing program? are they illegal?

I'm not concerned with IC for multi player. If you need vanilla to join in....it is what it is.

I prefer to use English translation on some cockpits, some plain skins, English language on ATC rather than Russian, hud display slightly adjusted etc.

Can we use them only by multiple copies of program and/or restructuring our computor drive maps with cmd prompt? (my Son (aka Sponge) forbids me to use cmd prompt)

I do have an extra folder appear in there for Tacview (I didn't put it there, I think Tacview did it) It's working.

Although I also have installed Simple Radio Standalone, I have no idea where that went/is. It works in game.

I'm not frightened by using JGSME, I had (the neighbors great grandson showed me) been using this with some minor mods as mentioned above.

But I cant use this anymore without major space usage with program copies, and I do NOT want to be doing something illegal with it.

No, I'm spending too much time messing about with file searches, file alterations, copy this paste that, don't/do I wish to not have my head spinning.

I will just run the program without mods for now. Will monitor forums and news until an easier solution appears.

It's costing me a fortune in my Sons (aka Sponge) petrol tank getting him over here to check on things for me.

Happy with this "Mod" for now.:smartass: I did that.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3232513&postcount=88

Thank you so much for your time, I will have a coffee and a sit down.

And work out how much more I can give Sponge (aka Son):bye_2:

My saved games file look just like Pocketedition, I do not have core mods folder or anything else. Now I'm confused even more.

The "CoreMods" folder, which is part of your main DCS installation, contains all of the airplane external elements... model, textures, simple flight model, etc.. everything needed to instantiate it as an AI. Everyone in DCS gets CoreMods for all aircraft, even ones they don't own.

If you own the module, then you'll also get data for the airplane in your "Mods" folder, again, in the main DCS installation, which contains all the internal elements... cockpit, scripts, and usually the EFM and ASM binaries, used when you're flying it as a player.

Within the Saved Games folder, think of that Mods directory as an overlay for locally-installed content like skins/liveries. It needs to take on the same structure, and it's parsed at startup, but it doesn't actually modify your original installation locations. I wouldn't expect anyone to have a CoreMods folder within Saved Games. If they do, something is probably wrong.

--gos

Question:

If I use the :

mklink /d Liveries source_path_to_stuff

option

Can I have a folder Liveries or Mods in Saved games and one somewhere else and DCS use them both?

Or once I make this symbolic link the folder that was there already is not used anymore?

Thank you!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least