[REPORTED]GCAS fires when nose is not pointing down

prof_laser

• ED Team

Thanks for the PM Alby_416,

Apologies for missing this thread.

The GCAS issue has been reported, but I do not have an update for you yet.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Alright, I realize ED couldn't care less about the A-10C considering it's clearly not their main selling module anymore, but this bug has been in for 4 months now and nothing is happening. Any updates?

Hi first of all we do care, that is why the A-10c is getting an upgrade soon.

The issue was reported in July, but I must have overlooked this thread, apologies for that.

When we have news about this issue we will pass it on, thanks.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the PM Alby_416,

Apologies for missing this thread.

The GCAS issue has been reported, but I do not have an update for you yet.

Thank you,

looking forward for an update when you have it :)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, im relatively new in DCS and i have few modules and one of them is A10-C that i purchased like 2 months ago. Learned all basic stuff and almost everything how to use all the weapons and TGP available for this Beast.

I started practicing maneuvers against short range AAA and SAM sites and i figured GCAS crying loud every 10 sec PULL UP, PULL UP even if my plane climbing up. Low lvl flight is nightmare and i cant fly like this. Bety is super loud and super annoying and because of that i quit practicing this plane :(.

I wish i can somehow remove that sound from this plane, or if there is volume for this bitching lady.

Hi first of all we do care, that is why the A-10c is getting an upgrade soon.

The issue was reported in July, but I must have overlooked this thread, apologies for that.

When we have news about this issue we will pass it on, thanks.

Any news Newy? Been flying the A10C more, waiting for the F/A-18C to get it's pending love - and the GCAS "issue" still seems to be present....... Any update would be appreciated. Cheers.

Hi guys, im relatively new in DCS and i have few modules and one of them is A10-C that i purchased like 2 months ago. Learned all basic stuff and almost everything how to use all the weapons and TGP available for this Beast.

I started practicing maneuvers against short range AAA and SAM sites and i figured GCAS crying loud every 10 sec PULL UP, PULL UP even if my plane climbing up. Low lvl flight is nightmare and i cant fly like this. Bety is super loud and super annoying and because of that i quit practicing this plane :(.

I wish i can somehow remove that sound from this plane, or if there is volume for this bitching lady.

Yes you can turn down the lovely lady....

UFC (under the HUD). Depress the push button, labeled ALT ALERT . After dperessing ALT ALERT, you can then input a desired altimeter warning level. You use the UFC scratchpad numbers (or numbers located on the CDU panel) to input the desired altitude level. On the bottom of the HUD you can see what what your have input. After inputting the desired altitude level, press the ENT button, also located on the UFC.

1. UFC panel

2. Depress ALT ALERT (on UFC which is located to the right of CLR)

3. Enter desired altitude via numbers on the UFC scratchpad

4. Confirm desired altitude level (displayed input on bottom of HUD or CDU)

5. Depress the ENT button on the UFC

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

No update on news yet sorry, it maybe waiting for work on the A-10 upgrade before it is resolved.

No update on news yet sorry, it maybe waiting for work on the A-10 upgrade before it is resolved.

Copy that sir, understood. Also very much looking forward to the A10C cockpit upgrade.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Wondering if all accumulated bugs will fixed on next Warthog upgrade.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

We should see this fix in the next open beta.

thank you for your patience

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed in 2.5.6.43453

Good news everyone! Todays update to version 2.5.6.43453 fixed this issue, although no mention was made in the changelog.

Everybody said: "That's impossible!" Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Flying the A-10C for the 107th Joint Aviation Squadron

Developing and creating missions for Through The Inferno

Join the TTI Discord

Yep, I observed that, and blinking strobe light in daytime was also fixed. CDU bright (no dim) and Caucasus offset map on MFCD still present.

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi AC / i7-8700K@5.0 GHz / 2xM.2 Toshiba OCZ RD400 1Tb / 4xCorsair 8Gb (32Gb) DDR4@3000 MHz / 2xGeforce GTX 1080 Ti + 1Geforce GTX 680 / SoundBlaster Fatal1ty / Windows 10 Home x64 / TM Warthog / TM TPR Pedals / Oculus Rift / Samsung UE32EH5000W

Yeah, GCAS fixed. THANK YOU! Also, seems the engine sound was overhauled, and no mention. Also, thank you for fixing the lighting issues in the 10C. Mucho better.

Cheers,

Don

Yep can confirm, GCAS bug is fixed :D thank you ED!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

good to hear, thanks for the feedback

Finally good to go and certainly could close this thread BigNewy !!

Cheers,

Don

I was doing some tests and used autopilot 30 feet from the sea level, GCAS was going off at regular intervals, but not constant, so it kinda not sure about itself, so it trips a bit then thinks it's okay and so it goes. I think that one I have on video and I'll post it part of a performance discussion so it won't be in this forum section.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria