DCS: F-14 Cold and Dark (Startup Video)

Cobra847

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is your answer:

"so the reason the nozzles behave the way they do during startup :Cycling of oil. And its starts in sec mode. It wasn't till it hit a certain percentage that the aftc takes over."

Thanks

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I re-ask my question :)

Maybe someone from HB could answer. Is the Voice-Attack-Profile included?

No, it was made specifically for this video, and specifically for what i was saying.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

here is your answer:

"so the reason the nozzles behave the way they do during startup :Cycling of oil. And its starts in sec mode. It wasn't till it hit a certain percentage that the aftc takes over."

I just though of something, what is AFTC?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I just though of something, what is AFTC?

Augmenter Fan Temperature Control

http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/general.html#engines-and-throttle-controls

Edited by Strikeeagle345

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

wrong AFCS. I am referring to the AFTC Augmenter Fan Temperature Control:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone got this to work?

The last thing Jester says is OK ready to start up after he tells me to arm my seat then nothing. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.:book:

UPDATE: Nevermind. I figured it out. I had it set up to do just "Startup" in Voice attack instead of "Assisted startup".:doh:

Edited by walleye62

I found something interesting yesterday. I tried to start up engines and always left engine was okay, but the right one stuck on 20% and moving with the right throttle stick to idle position didn't help. Then i found i had in controls Refueling probe extended otherwise retracted (or something like that) on Warthog's two position switch. But when i deleted this binding from controls, then both engines work well!! Weird.