What rudder pedals do you use?

Looking for some input on some rudder pedals to use with the Hornet and later the Tomcat.

Right now it is looking like a toss up between the MFG Crosswinds and Thrustmaster TPRs...

Yeah, I'm also holding out for the Thrustmaster Hornet stick and throttle as well when they are released in 2022! Actually, I have no idea when they'll be released but I figure 2022 is probably a safe bet...

Thanks in advance!

Intel Core i7-6700@3.4GHz

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

I have a pair of the MFG's and love them - great feel and customer service is fantastic

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Previously used a set of CH Pros and now have MFGs.

The MFGs are very nice. The only real question is whether to go for the Thrustmasters, which do get very good reviews. The only real question is which is likely to be more reliable.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

CH pedals

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie:

Well, I have used the Thrustmaster TFRP T Flight pedals for over a year now and have been happy in all types of aircraft. At about £80, they are an absolute bargain, imo.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have used a lot of pedals over the years. My favorite was the Simpeds, sadly no longer in production and the version I have has the gameport plug... I went to MFGs afterwards but couldn't really enjoy them, as I was accustomed to the heel on the floor design of the Simpeds. I have never been a fan of pedals where your entire foot rest on the pedal. I currently use the TM TPRs and they are designed to match my wishes; heels on the floor.

It comes down to what you want: budget, style, toebrakes? All rudder pedals do yaw, but not all have toebrakes.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I have used a lot of pedals over the years. My favorite was the Simpeds, sadly no longer in production and the version I have has the gameport plug... I went to MFGs afterwards but couldn't really enjoy them, as I was accustomed to the heel on the floor design of the Simpeds. I have never been a fan of pedals where your entire foot rest on the pedal. I currently use the TM TPRs and they are designed to match my wishes; heels on the floor.

It comes down to what you want: budget, style, toebrakes? All rudder pedals do yaw, but not all have toebrakes.

For that much money (really anything over $100) without toe brakes they are useless, IMO.

Do any of you guys run the TM Warthog stick and throttle? Had any issues with everything being programmable? I read where if you used the TM Warthog stick and throttle you ran out of something or other needed to program all the peripherals due to DirectX limitations...

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

MFG's FTW!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I decided to go with the Thrustmaster pedals since my controls include the Warthog and Cougar MFD's. Also, I refused to purchase anything without toe brakes. I love my TPR's, and feel like the price is worth it if you're into helicopters and controlling a Harrier that's in the hover (the precision stuff). Honestly with jets like the hornet, and a-10 (at least in my own opinion) my old Saitek's were just fine.

Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder!!!

Not cheap, but compared to the other rudder pedals I've tested they are really the best choice IMO.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Every review I read suggests the TM TRPs are better than the Crosswind.

Can someone who owns either of these tell me how they are on carpet in terms of potentially moving around?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Every review I read suggests the TM TRPs are better than the Crosswind.

Can someone who owns either of these tell me how they are on carpet in terms of potentially moving around?

I keep my Crosswinds pressed against the wall, which works perfectly. Placed on the carpet without securing them, the pedals would be all over the place.

I keep my Crosswinds pressed against the wall, which works perfectly. Placed on the carpet without securing them, the pedals would be all over the place.

Hmm, that's what I feared. I wonder if the TRPs are any better in this respect.

MFG's......Tried the rest,settled on the best.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

I had some Saitek Combat pedals, the pot broke, nearly impossible to repair or source a spare. Love my MFGs, I keep them in place with heavy duty velcro with adhesive backing, works like a charm. I haven't used the new TM pedals, but if aesthetics are important, the MFGs have a German WWII look to them, the new TM pedals more modern. The MFGs are perfect if you have a center mount stick as well. More leg room and knee room for rolls and maneuvers. The hall sensor is more precise than any other pedals I've used.

MFG's......Tried the rest,settled on the best.

In what way did you think the MFGs were better than the TM TRPs?

Thanks a lot, guys.

Can I ask a basic question here? I have been using the TM TFRP T-Flight pedals for a couple of years now, and have no issues with landing/taking off/taxiing even in Spits and other prop planes.

I like the pedals as they work on a rail, and there is no lateral foot movement at all.

My question is, what benefit would I see by spending £££s on the either the TRPs or the Crosswinds?

I realise that the build quality and sensitivity are vastly superior, but in practice, what difference what I actually see bearing in mind my current setup works fine?

(BTW, I'm always happy to be convinced that I need to spend on new kit!)

Thanks a lot, guys.

Can I ask a basic question here? I have been using the TM TFRP T-Flight pedals for a couple of years now, and have no issues with landing/taking off/taxiing even in Spits and other prop planes.

I like the pedals as they work on a rail, and there is no lateral foot movement at all.

My question is, what benefit would I see by spending £££s on the either the TRPs or the Crosswinds?

I realise that the build quality and sensitivity are vastly superior, but in practice, what difference what I actually see bearing in mind my current setup works fine?

(BTW, I'm always happy to be convinced that I need to spend on new kit!)

No one?

Man I would say if you are happy with what ya have and they work as you'd expect, stay with it! I don't have any rudder pedals, which is why I posted the question.

Speaking of that, thanks for all the input from everyone! I look forward to more input/comments etc!

16GB RAM

TM TFRP Rudder Pedals

TM TWCS Throttle

Virpil VPCWarBRD Base

TM F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Just dumped the Combat Pros for scratch build pedals. :music_whistling:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.