** The RIO's Office! **

Cobra847

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the -B cockpit but the LANTIRN panel will only be in for when you have the LANTIRN loaded as it was not installed in non LANTIRN aircraft.

Very good!

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

So where's the LANTIRN stick on the left side console? The center stick is for the radar I believe.,

Remember when they were talking about the fact that the consoles arrangement won't match the NATOPS, simply because the real ones don't was well, and that we might see the same console at different spots? My guess is that they didn't have a LANTIRN on that cat, so no need for the controls. But if you take it, you might want to look for that TACAN console somewhere else... fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I was just looking at the NATOPS F-14B RIO foldout (in my doc it's a bit blurry), but I don't see a stick on either console.

Remember when they were talking about the fact that the consoles arrangement won't match the NATOPS, simply because the real ones don't was well, and that we might see the same console at different spots? My guess is that they didn't have a LANTIRN on that cat, so no need for the controls. But if you take it, you might want to look for that TACAN console somewhere else... fsgrin.png

Here, from previous page:

This is the -B cockpit but the LANTIRN panel will only be in for when you have the LANTIRN loaded as it was not installed in non LANTIRN aircraft.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Raw metal beauty back there. The sheer number of the circuit breaker is mindblowing. The guys who worked back there must have been genius to remember what this whole button does and at what point to use them in real life.

It is hard not to note the painstaking work on the part of HB to bring out this detailed representation of the back cockpit in the F-14.

I was looking forward to doing the role of the RIO but if those buttons and circuit breakers are realistically modelled by HB, it would be a task left for Jester by all mean for me.

Great job HB.

Definately a thing, but usually you don't play around with those CBs. They're there to switch off certain electrical circuits in emergency situations if needed.

Here, from previous page:

Yeah, he literally dropped that in here while I was typing... and confirmed my thoughts dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Holy smeg, NOW that’s what I call an update.

Front seat stuff who cares, Now THIS is a simmers wet dream seat.

I honestly cannot wait to start learning this. I’m in complete Awe at those guys who actually worked and operated this in real life and the heat of battle. Truly mind blowing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODNESS

GIFT FROM HEAVEN

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Wait, not all aircraft were TARPS capable either.

Oh boy, you folks have a bunch of cockpit equipment combinations, eh?

Also;

gifopolis.com_1605006.gif

I was just looking at the NATOPS F-14B RIO foldout (in my doc it's a bit blurry), but I don't see a stick on either console.

Don't have a pic of the -B model but this is the LANTRIN control in a -D

4fvLY4G.jpg

Man that is some rear seat Heatblur, well done.

My car has around 200 circuit breakers in it in 3 fuse boxes but that pales when looking at the F-14 oh boy … now which one did I hear go pop???

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Going to go out on a limb here and say the last few shot are!! but then what would I know... I"m like everyone else here, Speculating but Awesome work guys.

At least the guy that fly Rio in VR will have something nice to look at. too bad if they look out the window to see the the lack of clarity out there..

Shame that VR is so Crap for anything more than 50 feet away!!

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

Shame that VR is so Crap for anything more than 50 feet away!!

For the time being :P FOVeated rendering is going to go a long way toward helping the mitigation of that issue. The upcoming Valve headset, if it materializes this year (not holding my breath) could very well be a massive leap forward over the first gen consumer headsets.

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

Still like 20 times better than the good old Eyeball Mk. Ib with one of those in it:

rainbowdashwink.png

At least don't make a hearing aide that's 20x better.... Wifey will be all over that!!!! (and I won't have any excuses after-which...) ;)

Can't wait for the Turkey!!! :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Holy smeg, NOW that’s what I call an update.

Front seat stuff who cares, Now THIS is a simmers wet dream seat.

I honestly cannot wait to start learning this. I’m in complete Awe at those guys who actually worked and operated this in real life and the heat of battle. Truly mind blowing.

Did you just drop some Red Dwarf?

I also really wanna play in the RIO seat. But I know I would be rubbish on visual callouts. I'd be head down all the time.