OVGME question about updates...

fitness88

"Is a new OVGME snapshot required each time I install a new DCS update?"

Recommended. I try to disable all my mods and make a new snapshot after every patch. Sometimes I forget to do it and sometimes I forget to disable my mods before updating :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

"Is a new OVGME snapshot required each time I install a new DCS update?"

Recommended. I try to disable all my mods and make a new snapshot after every patch. Sometimes I forget to do it and sometimes I forget to disable my mods before updating :music_whistling:

Thanks I hear you.

What about this scenario, To eliminate Russian speech and force English I always manually delete the entire RUS folder in: DCS World OpenBeta\Sounds\Speech\Sound

Can I use OVGME to replace the RUS folder with a mod empty folder and would I have to include in the mod every sub-folder of RUS or just the one RUS folder?

I dont think that will work. OvGME will only replace the files in the folders, not the folders alone I believe. What if you copy the ENG folder, rename it RUS and replace it with the originale one? Just thinking out loud here :dunno:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ANON6-1 | Wolfie

I dont think that will work. OvGME will only replace the files in the folders, not the folders alone I believe. What if you copy the ENG folder, rename it RUS and replace it with the originale one? Just thinking out loud here :dunno:

Thanks Agent_wolf for the info on the empty folder scenario. Interesting suggestion about renaming the ENG to RUS...did it and will see if it works properly in game. It should the only thing is the ENG has a bit of a different sub-folder structure not sure if it will have any affect.

I will post back one way or the other.

Thanks again.