Micro Development Update

Cobra847

Micro Development Update

Hi Everyone!

Just an extremely quick status update from us to keep you in the loop-

Unfortunately, as many of you have heard, there were some personal difficulties which impacted our deliverable goals and planned roadmap in Q1 and through a pretty good chunk of Q2. Even something reasonably quickly resolved (3 weeks) can have a significant impact on timelines on certain parts of a project with small teams. We don't see this as an excusable situation and continued failure to execute is very inappropriate, however we feel obligated to be as transparent as possible and hope to be able to plan for contingencies better in the future.

On a positive note, despite some of these difficulties, we've shipped a substantial amount of changes and features!

Here's a partial list if anyone has been out of the loop:

Primary goals for the next several major patches through early to mid summer (now through end of July~) are:

• F-14 interior lighting fixes & overhaul (for new lighting system)
  • Digital engine instruments
  • Exterior sound overhaul for F-14
  • Exterior sound overhaul for AJS37
  • F-14B Campaign
  • JESTER LANTIRN (Finally!)
  • AJS37 PBR Overhaul
  • Initial F-14A Release (Beta, with some -B-isms remaining!)

Primary medium term release items (~late Summer) are the Forrestal class, full completion of the F-14A and new in-cockpit pilots. We decided to push the Forrestal class release and prioritize the F-14A, as this will allow us to correct remaining SC carrier issues, and to tweak the Forrestal to be better compatible with changing carrier code in the DCS platform. With the launch of the F-14A and Forrestal class and campaigns, we will be close to feature complete on the F-14, with the exception of the A-6. Our goal, as stated previously, is to be done and dusted by the 2y anniversary of the F-14 launch (Mar, 2021).

Hope that helps to shed some light on our current focus areas. You'll see the list above start to ship in the coming major patches until full completion and will be detailed in deeper updates through June and July.

Thanks for the support and patience - we look forward to sharing and shipping the above on the next 2.5.6 updates.

Sincerely,

Team HB

Thank you for the news and insight. Welcome back, btw. One thing that wasn’t mentioned was medium bugs like Jester PSTT. Any insight if those will be addressed soon or is that beyond this summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

The communication & transparency coming out from HB is top notch. Sets an example :)

Looking forward to all the cool stuff coming out and to Reflected's F14-A campaign!

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Unfortunately, as many of you have heard, there were some personal difficulties which impacted our deliverable goals and planned roadmap ... We don't see this as an excusable situation and continued failure to execute is very inappropriate

Hey, your work is not your life. Having to deal with unexpected personal issues is 100% understandable and excusable. Take all the time you need, we're still here enjoying the work you've already done.

Thanks for the update!

"Difficulties" are part of life, they are the salt & pepper in the soup, without them ... the soup would taste super boring :D

For me HB's modules are by far the best and most beloved ones currently existing in "my DCS World".

Looking forward to receive further updates on the two beasts!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Thanks for the Dev Update! Looking forward to the digital engine instruments, lighting fixes, sound updates and the campaign! Pushing back the Forrestral is unfortunate, but makes totally sense from a development POV, as the carrier API is currently getting changed a lot by ED as it seems :thumbup:

My only gripe is this one:

Hrm, this sounds like the F-14 project might rap up before the Viggen...which would be quite unfortunate to say the least!

Edit: And as amalahama just said: What about the AIM-54 revamp?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

AIM-54 guidance

I think it was hinted at in another reply, but it seems HB are blocked on ED releasing the new missile logic?

"Proper" AIM-54 behavior is definitely one of my last "big" hoped-for features, but I understand that some of that is likely beyond HB's control.

I think it was hinted at in another reply, but it seems HB are blocked on ED releasing the new missile logic?

"Proper" AIM-54 behavior is definitely one of my last "big" hoped-for features, but I understand that some of that is likely beyond HB's control.

As far as I understand there was no "ED blocking", simply HB's fixed did not work out in multiplayer (and that also delayed the implementation of TWS:A). HB is now waiting for ED to finish developing the new missile API before fixing the Phoenix.

As far as I understand there was no "ED blocking", simply HB's fixed did not work out in multiplayer (and that also delayed the implementation of TWS:A). HB is now waiting for ED to finish developing the new missile API before fixing the Phoenix.

I don't mean that ED blocked HB from releasing the updated missile behavior, just simply that it could not proceed until the new missile API was ready. But if that's the case (ED needs to release the new missile API), then HB certainly are still waiting for that to happen.

Edited by Q-Ball
Fixed spelling.

Hi guys, I will answer some of the more prominent questions in bullet points if you allow:

- there won't be CBGs or any other ships with the Forrestal. The initial plan was to do all 4 carriers of the Forrestal class, for starters it will be Forrestal only however. Beyond that we do not want to promise anything for now, but there are definitely no other ships planned. (not sure where this assumption is coming from)

- A pilot body is part of EA completion, yes. Please understand that due to animations, etc our pilot body takes a bit longer, hence it is still WIP.

- In general items of the Q1 update are still in works, even if not listed for this quick near-term update, so no need to be afraid that they got tossed.

- We are currently working with ED on the phoenix issue, however, we too need to give ED the time to finalize their own missile work. As you can see they just updated the aim120, and we're sure that in time we'll be able to solve the phoenix issues together with them

- The EIG is the digital engine instruments (a set of discrete lights that are digitally controlled/revealed) for the B, which currently has the analog tapes of the A. After the release of the A, we will swap these instruments for the B.

- Bugs are being continuosly worked on, hence we do not mention specific bugs in such updates, such as Jester PSTT, etc..

I hope that answers most of the questions, please let me know if I forgot someone. Thank you all for your kind words and very kind patience with us.

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

please make bombs to attach a pylon

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi guys, I will answer some of the more prominent questions in bullet points if you allow:

- there won't be CBGs or any other ships with the Forrestal. The initial plan was to do all 4 carriers of the Forrestal class, for starters it will be Forrestal only however. Beyond that we do not want to promise anything for now, but there are definitely no other ships planned. (not sure where this assumption is coming from)

- A pilot body is part of EA completion, yes. Please understand that due to animations, etc our pilot body takes a bit longer, hence it is still WIP.

- In general items of the Q1 update are still in works, even if not listed for this quick near-term update, so no need to be afraid that they got tossed.

- We are currently working with ED on the phoenix issue, however, we too need to give ED the time to finalize their own missile work. As you can see they just updated the aim120, and we're sure that in time we'll be able to solve the phoenix issues together with them

- The EIG is the digital engine tapes for the B, which currently has the analog tapes of the A. After the release of the A, we will swap these instruments for the B.

- Bugs are being continuosly worked on, hence we do not mention specific bugs in such updates, such as Jester PSTT, etc..

I hope that answers most of the questions, please let me know if I forgot someone. Thank you all for your kind words and very kind patience with us.

Okay so we only get THE forrestal which is fine but I’m confused and forgetting what the issue with the AIM-54 is whether is it flight model related of that is to over powered

Okay so we only get THE forrestal which is fine but I’m confused and forgetting what the issue with the AIM-54 is whether is it flight model related of that is to over powered

First and foremost the guidence logic and active commands. Loft and PN guidence also need some improvements.

As I understand it, it is related to the code that 3rd party devs hook into being limited until ED updates the SDK with new missile modelling/functions.

What we have now is brilliant and a testament to how good HB is at building within the limitations of the game engine. I would also wager they are one of the main driving forces behind ED finally giving attention to missile performance and code.

- The EIG is the digital engine tapes for the B, which currently has the analog tapes of the A. After the release of the A, we will swap these instruments for the B.

Thanks IronMike. We appreciate the communication. Keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Hey there Mike!

How much of the new features implemented in the 120 (i think mostly of autopilot related ones) can be reused on the 54? Will those help with the mid course trajectory and guidance?

Thanks for the updates! :thumbup:

I never understood what does like Aim-7 loft mode mean compared to the other what does it do

If it (lofting) works, then the missiles should launch on a slightly ballistic trajectory instead of a pure pursuit one. This gives it more range at long distance shots.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache