Der LTV A7-E Corsair II-Thread

easy_ci

17 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Das sollte zum geflügelten Wort werden 😜

Die K war allerdings nur "Trainer" und kam für die Aktiven Staffeln spät bis zu spät - daher nur ANG und bestenfalls in den Amerikanischen Türschwellenkonflikten (Panama, Grenanda) eingesetzt. Die einzige aktive Staffel mit A-7K war die 4450th Tactical Group (8x D, 2x K), die als Verschleierung für die F-117 dienten.

Die TA-7 und EA-7L waren Trainer, bzw. Electronic Aggressors.

In Facebook gibt es eine recht frequentierte A-7 Fangruppe. Da wurde das Thema "Single Seater" mal angeschnitten, und die Arbeitsbelastung war hoch bis sehr hoch. Gab speziell zur Zeit der Tanker Wars wohl auch gehäuft CFIT-Unfälle, weil man beim Night Recce (Boote aufklären) ins Wasser geflogen ist. Kann ich mangels Datensätzen leider nicht abgleichen, aber ich schätze das dass im Anbetracht der hohen Arbeitsbelastung durchaus Sinn macht.

Das glaube ich sofort. Mir persönlich würde so eine sehr späte Version nichts aus machen, auch wenn diese kaum/keine Einstätze gesehen hat, aber das ist nur meine Sichtweise.

Alias in Discord: Mailman

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dev Update Januar 2022:

DCS World: A-7E Corsair II

The A-7E continues to steam along through development, with many major milestones having being achieved since our last report in November. Today I'll briefly recap some of the milestones achieved in the last few months, discuss where development is focused at the moment and what we are expecting over the next few months.

Avionics & Systems

Development through November & December focused on avionics & weapon systems, with the vast majority now modelled and integrated to various extents. Thanks to some very valuable documentation detailing the inner workings of the code & computer structures of the aircraft, I've been able to simulate avionic systems in great detail, recreating the information & data flow of the real aircraft.

There's far too much work that's gone on to discuss every detail here, but to summarise some of the key systems that have been developed over the last few months include:

• AN/AVQ-7B(V) Heads Up Display - The HUD is now nearing completion, with most functionality integrated. Thanks to the documentation mentioned above, all HUD elements have been sized, placed and programmed exactly as per their real world counterparts. The HUD uses a slower refresh rate compared to modern aircraft (25x/second). The 7B variant of the HUD includes FLIR integration from the LANA pod for low altitude night-ops.
  • Unguided Weapons Delivery - Almost all unguided weapons are now hot & integrated for use, including release parameters
  • CCIP Bombing Modes - Developed & integrated
  • AG Radar - Mapping modes now integrated, work continues on developing Terrain Avoidance modes, radar ranging modes & integration with slew, aiming & waypoints.
  • AN/APN-194(V) Radar Altimeter - Modelled & integrated
  • AN/ASN-91(V) Tactical Computer - Development of the tactical computer is well underway, with the tactical computer already powering & feeding information to many other avionics as per the real aircraft. The Tactical Computer is very complex & in many ways the 'heart' of the avionics; therefore work will be ongoing here for some time yet.
  • + Waypoints, Navigation, Radio and much more being worked on!

NB: The cockpit images below are using the old 3D model, with the new one still under construction 

unknown.pnga7-2.png

Flight Model

The Flight Model has been my primary focus of 2022 so far - much work has been devoted to building it up into our Phase 4 Model as previously discussed (ie ready for SME testing). 

I'm happy to say that work on the Flight Model has progressed much faster than I anticipated and in just the last few weeks the EFM has improved drastically. It's hard to quantise something like a Flight Model in terms of fidelity and development progress; however if we use data points as a simple measure of fidelity I can say that the EFM has increased in fidelity 40-fold since the new year (40,000%!). 

As simple summary of what's been done the last few weeks:

• Overhauled control surfaces to be simulated at a greater fidelity to support the updated FM
  • Hugely expanded upon coefficient build-up equations and data tables
  • Improved fidelity of Mach affects on aero model
  • Speedbrake, Trailing Edge & Leading Edge Flaps Aero models integrated
  • Stall/Spin/High-Alpha modelling improved further and refined
  • Fuel, Mass, MOI & CG modelling further refined
  • + Much much more

With the EFM approaching a stage where it's ready to be handed off to our SME's for flying, I've developed and implemented a unique new way of integrating our Corsair pilots feedback - a EFM Tuning system. It is simply what it sounds like - a way for us and our SME's to tweak, refine and improve the flight model from within the sim and record & report their tweaks back to us. This will allow us to get past any barriers of communication and really help us to get the 'feel' of flying exactly right. Exciting times ahead!

Over the next week or so, I'll be finishing my work on the EFM, finishing up developing debugging & tuning tools and then introducing Grav to the A-7 so he can go through a round of testing & tuning. After that, the A-7 will be passed onto our SME's for testing & tuning while I continue to work on the more advanced cockpit & weapon systems.

Art Overhaul 

In our last update I discussed that our 3D Model was being overhauled - today I can finally show you the extent of that! Our previous 3D Model was lovingly crafted from scratch by Alex, having started working on a model all the way back in 2019. It was great! But ... it still wasn't up to our standard. For the A-7 we wanted the 3D Model to be mind-blowingly detailed, virtually indistinguishable from the real thing.

To that end we made the heart-breaking decision to scrap our existing model and start all over. Completely from scratch! With a new artist joining our team, we knew as soon as we saw his work on the F6F that remaking the model from scratch was the right choice in order for us to put out the best sim possible.

This of course has cost us quite abit of time, but quality must come first. I think that when you see the WIP images below of what our artist has managed to create in just a few WEEKS you will agree that we made the right choice!

dcs1.png?v=1642779930dcs2.png?v=1642779930dcs3.png?v=1642779931dcs4.png?v=1642779930dcs5.png?v=1642779931dcs6.png?v=1642779930dcs7.png?v=1642779930dcs8.png?v=1642779930

https://flyingironsimulations.com/blogs/news/2022-announcements-development-report

Edited by QuiGon
Added link
  • Thanks 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Bremspropeller:

Hab ich was verpasst?

*atmet ein*

HELLCATS!

Danke für das Update!

Vielleicht eine andere Sim? Wäre aber schön 😉

Ausatmen nicht vergessen…. 😂

Von mir auch: Danke für die Info. Wenn Du das nicht immer posten würdest, hätte ich keine Ahnung, weil ich nie auf deren Seite schaue 👍

Edited by Gizmo03

58 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Hab ich was verpasst?

*atmet ein*

HELLCATS!

Danke für das Update!

Die Hellcat ist für den MSFS, nicht für DCS: https://flyingironsimulations.com/blogs/news/2022-announcements-development-report

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 1/25/2022 at 6:29 AM, CarloVecchi said:

Es wird / wurde das komplette 3D Model neu gemacht.

Das scheint aber recht flott gegangen zu sein, wenn man sich mal die Screenshots des neuen Models anschaut. Das sieht schon sehr vollständig aus! sogar einiges an Innereien, die normalerweiße unter Abdeckungen verborgen sind, ist modelliert!
Von daher sollte das kein Problem für den Zeitplan darstellen, zumal bei solchen moderneren Flugzeugen die mit Abstand meiste Zeit eh für die Programmierung der Avionik und des Flugmodells draufgeht und nicht für das 3D-Modell/Texturen.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
vor einer Stunde schrieb QuiGon:

Computer sagt nein.... der Link scheint nicht zu funktionieren🙃

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 64 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme

Bei mir jetzt auch, vorher gab es immer Error 505. 

Das ist eine sehr informativer Bericht. Sehr interessant

Hardware: Windows 11 64Bit, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Pro Wifi II, 64 GB Ram 3600 MHz DDR4, TUF RTX 4080 OC, M.2 SSD ADATA SX8200 2TB, Meta Quest 2, ASUS TUF VG279QM Monitor, TM HOTAS Warthog , VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base mit TM Hornet Stick und Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedalen.

Deutscher Guide zu: Mirage 2000C, MiG-21bis, F5 Tiger II, Mi-8MTV2, F-14B Tomcat, AJS-37 Viggen und Fulgabwehrsysteme