Alerax's LSO AI Script

Hi all-

I've been a bum and never really updated you guys on the progress. Just spent this past weekend updating the script for the F-14B and attempting to output a flight path tracker for post-flight review. Going to send this out for testing this week and if all goes well, will release the v2.4.

-Alerax

p.s. If anyone is interested to test, message me and we can connect on discord. I'll max at a couple of people.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all-

Just spent this past weekend updating the script for the F-14B and attempting to output a flight path tracker for post-flight review. Going to send this out for testing this week and if all goes well, will release the v2.4.

-Alerax

p.s. If anyone is interested to test, message me and we can connect on discord. I'll max at a couple of people.

This increased my heart rate.

(sadly i don't have enough free time to volunteer to be a tester)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there any update for tomcat ??

303 & Friends discord

Hangar :

JF-17 Thunder, F-16C Viper, I-16, Christen Eagle II, F-14 Tomcat, Supercarrier, WWII Assets Pack, F/A-18C Hornet, AJS-37 Viggen, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E Tiger II, M-2000C, MiG-15bis, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst, Fw 190 D-9 Dora, F-86F Sabre, Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D Mustang, A-10C Warthog,SA342 Gazelle, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Black Shark II, Persian Gulf Map, Normandy 1944 Map,

Hi all-

I've been a bum and never really updated you guys on the progress. Just spent this past weekend updating the script for the F-14B and attempting to output a flight path tracker for post-flight review. Going to send this out for testing this week and if all goes well, will release the v2.4.

-Alerax

Hi Alerax,

any update on this? sent you a pm regarding testing but didn't hear anything.

again, thank you for such an amazing script, it really brings the carrier to life!

:thumbup:

All-

v2.5 updated. Let me know how you guys like it. Note that the F-14B AoA calculations is a bit weird. Somehow, the aircraft's AoA does not match in the game AoA. Will tweak this as I fly the pattern more.

Enjoy

-Alerax

Thank you very much Alerax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Somehow, the aircraft's AoA does not match in the game AoA. Will tweak this as I fly the pattern more.

Tomcat AoA degrees to unit conversion.

AoAunits=1.089*AoAdegrees+3.715

You can check the Moose source code how to get the correct AoA in degrees:

--- Returns the Angle of Attack of a positionable.
-- @param Wrapper.Positionable#POSITIONABLE self
-- @return #number Angle of attack in degrees.
function POSITIONABLE:GetAoA()

-- Get position of the unit.
 local unitpos = self:GetPosition()

if unitpos then

-- Get velocity vector of the unit.
   local unitvel = self:GetVelocityVec3()

if unitvel and UTILS.VecNorm(unitvel)~=0 then

-- Get wind vector including turbulences.
     local wind=self:GetCoordinate():GetWindWithTurbulenceVec3()

-- Include wind vector.      
     unitvel.x=unitvel.x-wind.x
     unitvel.y=unitvel.y-wind.y
     unitvel.z=unitvel.z-wind.z

-- Unit velocity transformed into aircraft axes directions.
     local AxialVel = {}

-- Transform velocity components in direction of aircraft axes.
     AxialVel.x = UTILS.VecDot(unitpos.x, unitvel)
     AxialVel.y = UTILS.VecDot(unitpos.y, unitvel)
     AxialVel.z = UTILS.VecDot(unitpos.z, unitvel)

-- AoA is angle between unitpos.x and the x and y velocities.
     local AoA = math.acos(UTILS.VecDot({x = 1, y = 0, z = 0}, {x = AxialVel.x, y = AxialVel.y, z = 0})/UTILS.VecNorm({x = AxialVel.x, y = AxialVel.y, z = 0}))

--Set correct direction:
     if AxialVel.y > 0 then
       AoA = -AoA
     end

-- Return AoA value in degrees.
     return math.deg(AoA)
   end

end

return nil
end

Function is essentially from Mist but the Moose function is also valid when wind is non-zero in the mission. There are some other Moose functions called for position/orientation of the AC but it should give you the general idea. It's been tested to work just fine for the Tomcat.

Hope it helps :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Tomcat AoA degrees to unit conversion.

AoAunits=1.089*AoAdegrees+3.715

Hey FunkyFranky - thanks man. This is what I was missing. Originally pegged the AoA to 10 degrees (= 15 AoA units), which wasn't that far off. Updated the v2.5.1 to incorporate the conversion.

Thanks!

Alerax

Hello Alerax, something I'm not doing well. I have the marshal authorization for angels 2, I maintain 2000' and 250 kts and a circuit within 5nm, but I do not receive the authorization for the approach as I always with the other versions. I've even gone 3 holdings. Only the direct approach has worked for me. (I've try my missions and yours, the 2.5.1)

Thank you

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello Alerax, something I'm not doing well. I have the marshal authorization for angels 2, I maintain 2000' and 250 kts and a circuit within 5nm, but I do not receive the authorization for the approach as I always with the other versions. I've even gone 3 holdings. Only the direct approach has worked for me. (I've try my missions and yours, the 2.5.1)

Thank you

Colmillo- can you send me your tacview file? To get signal Charlie call, you have to be in between 10 and 11 o’clock at 4-6 NM from the Carrier with less than 500 feet/min of altitude change. Can you check if you meet these criteria?

-Alerax

Thank you Alerax; yes I met that criteria. As soon I reach my computer I will send you the file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was not necessary to send you the tracks ...

Looking at them I realized that I was starting the turn immediately upon arriving at the Stennis (Image 1) picture.php?albumid=1690&pictureid=10748

And by correcting it (image 2) picture.php?albumid=1690&pictureid=10749

everything works as it should. Sorry about that.

Colmillo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think this is a great mod, thanks for making it.

I do have a question though, I try to tune the ILS freq 13 and it doesn't pick up the signal. I can use ILS in the Instant Action Case 1 mission so I don't know if I'm not turning something on or what. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

I think this is a great mod, thanks for making it.

I do have a question though, I try to tune the ILS freq 13 and it doesn't pick up the signal. I can use ILS in the Instant Action Case 1 mission so I don't know if I'm not turning something on or what. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Hey Skull, the call for channel 13 is for comm channel (LSO callouts) not ILS channel. I suggest going to the Carrier Information Menu to get the ILS channel.

-Alerax

What is the MAX distance to not be long in the groove? 2 nm?

I received many waveoff for being long , more than the last version... or it is just me?

Hi Beppe-

1.2nm aft from the boat is the max distance to not be long in the groove.

-Alerax