[CAN NOT REPRODUCE]AUTO Bombing algo broken - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 05:25 PM   #31
Gripes323

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRifleRound View Post
Agreed. High alt dive in AUTO is the only safe and accurate way to deliver dumb bombs if the target has any decent point defenses.
If I'm confined to dumb bombs, I'd rather come in very low, fast as hell and loft the bombs over the hill. Another option is continue low and fast for level drop with retarded bombs, 2, 3 jets from different directions.
Gripes323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 07:34 AM   #32
LastRifleRound

Does DCS use an online hotfixing system? It seems the bomb dynamics have completely changed, though no patch has dropped. Dropping 4 mk83's at once is routinely causing the bombs to collide with one another in mid-air, sometimes almost immediately, blowing my own jet out of the sky. I've dropped 4 at a time hundreds of times and never had this issue.

The times when the bombs don't collide with one another. I'm getting accurate hits both level and at dive angles less than 10 degrees at so far up to 14k. This is absolutely bizarre. I've taken to dropping two pairs with 50 foot spacing and that ameliorates the issue.

Does DCS employ such a system? Is it possible the drag index fixes are passed on to the software at login, not requiring the download of an actual patch? I know many titles do this, but I didn't think DCS did. I honestly don't know what else could be different.
LastRifleRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 08:14 AM   #33
AvroLanc

Quote:
Does DCS use an online hotfixing system? It seems the bomb dynamics have completely changed, though no patch has dropped. Dropping 4 mk83's at once is routinelyMight causing the bombs to collide with one another in mid-air, sometimes almost immediately, blowing my own jet out of the sky. I've dropped 4 at a time hundreds of times and never had this issueiggt .

The times when the bombs don't collide with one another. I'm getting accurate hits both level and at dive angles less than 10 degrees at so far up to 14k. This is absolutely bizarre. I've taken to dropping two pairs with 50 foot spacing and that ameliorates the issue.

Does DCS employ such a system? Is it possible the drag index fixes are passed on to the software at login, not requiring the download of an actual patch? I know many titles do this, but I didn't think DCS did. I honestly don't know what else could be different.
Have you got a stable install you can do some testing on?

I have, will do today if there’s time.
AvroLanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020, 09:00 AM   #34
LastRifleRound

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvroLanc View Post
Have you got a stable install you can do some testing on?

I have, will do today if there’s time.
No, OB only I'm afraid.

I'm pleased with the perceived changes, just not sure what happened. I kept my tests pretty constant. I'm getting great bombing results now. It's just if hotfixes are being applied (particularly with drag indexes) us beta people need to know for testing purposes.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:03 AM   #35
LastRifleRound

Ok, not sure where to post this as this is an A10 track, but I ran the same mission with the A10, targeting a building using a waypoint as well as the TGP. Both lead to overshooting bombs in a dive every time. I tried lasing, TMS forward long then lasing again multiple times until drop, and also just once before launch. Same result every time.

Something went wrong when the drag indexes were updated, and the bombing algos weren't updated or something else is afoot.

Please, in response to this, if you don't follow my procedures, it's ok to say you were able to hit using a different set of processes, but please also explain what I did wrong if you thing I SHOULD have overshot. Otherwise, there could still be a bug, and what you have discovered is a workaround, not proof that there isn't a bug.
Attached Files
File Type: trk A10_Dive_issue.trk (1.95 MB, 1 views)
Old 06-30-2020, 09:30 AM   #36
AvroLanc

Quote:
Ok, not sure where to post this as this is an A10 track, but I ran the same mission with the A10, targeting a building using a waypoint as well as the TGP. Both lead to overshooting bombs in a dive every time. I tried lasing, TMS forward long then lasing again multiple times until drop, and also just once before launch. Same result every time.

Something went wrong when the drag indexes were updated, and the bombing algos weren't updated or something else is afoot.

Please, in response to this, if you don't follow my procedures, it's ok to say you were able to hit using a different set of processes, but please also explain what I did wrong if you thing I SHOULD have overshot. Otherwise, there could still be a bug, and what you have discovered is a workaround, not proof that there isn't a bug.
Not had time to look at your track, but CCRP dive bombing in the A10 has always been wonky.

I remember doing tests many many years ago when it came out (so 2010-11). The CCRP dive drops always dropped long. Only reliable impacts were from level flight. CCIP doesn't suffer, at least it didn't....

Pretty sure this is an error in implementation, but it's been almost 10 years and counting.
AvroLanc is offline   Reply With Quote