I don't think the take-off difficulty is realistic.

sandcat

• ED Team
Would a BF-109K have more torque than a dora or spitfire? I can easily counter the torque in the dora and spitfire. However in the BF-109 full stick and rudder can't stop it from drifting off to the left.

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Bf-109 well known feature is that tail vertical stabilizer is very small compare to other planes but the tail is significant longer.

This makes two things,

First it is hard to control at low speeds

Second because of the long tail rudder is quite effective at Yawing plane left right so pilot can easy bring aim to make a shoot even if nose is quite off the target left/right

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Bf-109 well known feature is that tail vertical stabilizer is very small compare to other planes but the tail is significant longer.

This makes two things,

First it is hard to control at low speeds

Second because of the long tail rudder is quite effective at Yawing plane left right so pilot can easy bring aim to make a shoot even if nose is quite off the target left/right

You're contradicting yourself.. and the rudder is large enough for yawing the plane, even at low speeds, but in reality.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

You're contradicting yourself.. and the rudder is large enough for yawing the plane, even at low speeds, but in reality.

Sent from my Redmi 5 using Tapatalk

I'm not, at high speeds small rudder is no problem, but long tail change plane behavior compare to one with short tail and bigger rudder surface..

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Watch this, 1 take off 2 points of view.

From outside take off looks smooth, but once you jump in cockpit you will see how much this bf-109 drifted to the left during take off it got nasty left swing just before lift off, and this pilot used i think 1.2ATA

Start watching from 1:30 is you don't want to look at bf-109 start up.

If you watch closely couple of moments after tail lift of what is happening with the plane, DCS bf109 act very similar to this real one.

Edited by grafspee