Realsimulator F-16 Throttle

Supmua

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Game on DCS Viper drivers.. RealSimulator F-16 throttle pre-order is on, let's make this happen (don't settle for that other new F-16 throttle option!):

https://realsimulator.com/lineal-throttles/

(in no way affiliated FWIW, just a DCS Viper pilot who wants to hit the 200 pre-orders to keep the batch price down & have a bad ass Viper throttle to compliment my FSSB stick).

RS-35_F-16_Throttle_2.jpg?fit=700%2C933&

• Like 1

Much cheaper than the F-35 setup at the current preorder price.  Personally, I want the F-35 setup but am tempted. 

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

20小时前,Supmua说:

Much cheaper than the F-35 setup at the current preorder price.  Personally, I want the F-35 setup but am tempted. 

I also hope the F35 grip because the F16 grip cannot cover all planes. It seems that I should wait a long time.

Great to see they added Realsimulator to the list. I’m also tempting to get the F35 throttle. 

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

The F35 throttle grip works great with any plane, especially the A-10C, as it has more switches than you’d need.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if these are likely to be back in production any time soon?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Not seeing the point of a throttle that does not reflect the real one. 
Seems a bit of tech for the sake of tech. 
I’m totally appreciative of concessions on simulated controls for pragmatic reasons, but a linear quadrant is actually less pragmatic than a rotation quadrant when it comes to development of the simulated control. 

7 hours ago, BaronVonVaderham said:

Not seeing the point of a throttle that does not reflect the real one. 
Seems a bit of tech for the sake of tech. 
I’m totally appreciative of concessions on simulated controls for pragmatic reasons, but a linear quadrant is actually less pragmatic than a rotation quadrant when it comes to development of the simulated control. 

The WW and TM both have less linear travel then they should, which impacts precision, and have shorter arms than they should, which results in more rotation of the grip. 

A full travel linear throttle is a better compromise imo although I would prefer a throttle with the correct arc.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:15 PM, Phantom711 said:

They made an F-35 throttle...I think the F-16 version was just a side hustle. It doesn´t seem to be available anymore anyways.

Yes, the F35 throttle was the point of designing the linear throttle. Neither has ever been offered for sale though.

However they have been showing off their VR training seat to professional users and these are fitted with the linear throttle with either F35, EF2000 or F16 grip. Hopefully this means production is imminent.

Edited by Scott-S6

• 3 weeks later...