DCS: de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI Discussion

msalama

1 hour ago, NineLine said:

giphy.gif

Hey, the unwashed masses were suffering from the silence. There was a Mosquito, then there was a delay, followed by a lot of quiet. It was like it disappeared.

Santa can't blame the kids for whining when he shows up a week late. :happy:

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

7 hours ago, NineLine said:

Probably not at EA release, but I hope not much longer after that.

Ahh my mistake then… watching the vid it looked like the aircraft was a few seconds past the explosion when it went off

Good news that it’s getting looked at though 👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Beirut said:

Hey, the unwashed masses were suffering from the silence. There was a Mosquito, then there was a delay, followed by a lot of quiet. It was like it disappeared.

I totally disagree. I think we've been well informed along the way, plus ED told us what the reason for the delay was. We've had various updates in newsletters this year and numerous, numerous questions asked on Discord about Mossie updates (feels like every 5 minutes on the WW2 channel someone asks "so any mossie news?") answered by NineLine and Bignewy. So I don't understand your justification for you pushing your 'vapourware' point as if there's any basis to that whatsoever. We all knew what was happening and we all knew it was being worked on.

Edited by bell_rj
  • Like 5

PC specs:

2 hours ago, bell_rj said:

I totally disagree. I think we've been well informed along the way, plus ED told us what the reason for the delay was. We've had various updates in newsletters this year and numerous, numerous questions asked on Discord about Mossie updates (feels like every 5 minutes on the WW2 channel someone asks "so any mossie news?") answered by NineLine and Bignewy. So I don't understand your justification for you pushing your 'vapourware' point as if there's any basis to that whatsoever. We all knew what was happening and we all knew it was being worked on.

Take a breath, everything will be fine. :smoke:

Haha, nice 🙂👍

Real footage and DCS looks very much alike. Getting some teasers feels my heart with optimism.

• Like 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

44 minutes ago, Beirut said:

Take a breath, everything will be fine. :smoke:

12 hours ago, Beirut said:

Santa can't blame the kids for whining when he shows up a week late. :happy:

ED has very clear on your Official News and forum post about Mosquito Develop status.

DCS: Mosquito FB MK.VI

Our first new product of 2021 will be the impressive Mosquito. This will be our first multi-engine, multi-crew World War II aircraft for DCS World, and it will mark an important capability for future projects. The Mosquito is planned to be released into early access by the end of the 1st quarter of 2021.

Mossie

Early Access

All systems and components have been modelled in excruciating detail and include the recent cooling system updates that were made to DCS: P-47D Thunderbolt. 

Early Access Features;

High-quality external 3D model 
6 Degree of Freedom fully clickable cockpit with latest visual effects
Flight Dynamics based on official reports, our own CFD research and pilot feedback
Full Fuel system and optional external tanks
Full electrical system
Full hydraulic and pneumatic system
Propeller feathering

Early Access Armament:

4 British Browning .303 machine guns 
4 Hispano 20mm guns
250lbs and 500lbs bombs in the bomb bay and under each wing

The damage model for the Mossie considers the internal wood structure of the airplane and uses each internal element of the aircraft - oil, air, hydraulic and cooling systems, engine, throttle, trim, and the airframes main strength spars and stringers to calculate the visual damage. 

We are now able to consider all these factors, which in turn enables us to more accurately simulate damage to the airframe and the effects on the flight model. For example, damage to the wing skin will lead to a decrease in the lift and cause more drag, damage to the spar will cause strength reduction and potentially wing snap under certain strains. 

We look forward to sharing further progress, please check out In Development Screenshots. 

Hero3.png

When the Mossie becomes available in Early Access, we will be considering feedback from the community and working on the next stages of development.

Features coming after Early Access:

• Rockets armament
  • Radio units T1154 (transmitter) & R1155 (receiver) 
  • The historical accurate navigation system for WWII aircraft
  • Controllable AI navigator and radio operator

Hello everyone,

you may have heard in ninelines recent Air combat podcast interview that the team were not happy with the Mosquito model and have decided to redo it. This will mean we need some extra time before early access can start.

We will of course keep you all informed as we progress if there are any other changes.

Thank you for your understanding

The ED team

Mosquito FB Mk. VI

Development Progress

Hero2.png

We have improved gauge visibility by refining the center and side panel colour gamma values. The same pre-calculated ray tracing technology used in DCS: Mi-24P Hind has also been added. Glass, plastic covers, luminescent dials, and exposed wiring provide a more realistic look and feel. 

We are also working on final improvements to the external model, and we will be sharing progress with you soon. We are excited to see the finish approaching, and look forward to seeing this iconic fighter bomber in DCS World.

DCS: Mosquito FB Mk. VI

Development Report

Hero2.png

We are improving the external model using newly acquired blueprints. Improved 3D modelling techniques have allowed us to include finer details. As a result, the smallest rivets, welds and fabric seams are visible.

Hero3.png

At Early Access stage DCS: Mosquito FB Mk.VI will have different skins available, including those used in the famous Operation Jericho. The remainder of the work will be focused on finalising the bulged bomb-bay fairing and hydraulic bomb doors, the wing pylons and external fuel tanks. This will allow DCS: Mosquito FB Mk.VI to carry two 500 lb bombs internally (with fins cropped to fit) plus another two under the wings.

• Like 4

Oh dear god...

I apologize! 

All offences were mine alone. I take full and unquestioned responsibility for all inaccurate colloquialisms, unintended hyperbolic statements, and vernacular inconsistencies that caused any distress, discomfort, or dismay to any party involved, and by extension to their families, in these discussions. Without reservation I plead guilty and fall upon the mercy of the the better angels of people's nature.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

God I love this video, such amazing editing between the two.  Now I know I’m quite likely reading too much into this, AND the chances of this happening are fairly slim.    BUT have just gotten footage off the Jericho raid released, that took 4 days to plan.    4 working days from the video release is Weds, which is the traditional day new releases land. 

🤔🤔

NOW I know the chances of this are slim, I know that actually there isn’t any hidden agenda, and that Ed just wanted to release a great video, but hey I can dream right.

I’m never gonna get my favourite WW2 aircraft in DCS, not sure there is much appeal from the Short Sunderland to most people, BUT my 2nd all time favourite IS the Mossie, so yes I am rather excited to get this.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

28 minutes ago, Cowboy10uk said:

God I love this video, such amazing editing between the two.  Now I know I’m quite likely reading too much into this, AND the chances of this happening are fairly slim.    BUT have just gotten footage off the Jericho raid released, that took 4 days to plan.    4 working days from the video release is Weds, which is the traditional day new releases land. 

🤔🤔

NOW I know the chances of this are slim, I know that actually there isn’t any hidden agenda, and that Ed just wanted to release a great video, but hey I can dream right.

I’m never gonna get my favourite WW2 aircraft in DCS, not sure there is much appeal from the Short Sunderland to most people, BUT my 2nd all time favourite IS the Mossie, so yes I am rather excited to get this.

We can dream, someone like fly flyboats with depth charges and bombs on a atlantic map, hunting submarines and ships.

26 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I'm still kind of hoping it comes out today, but that's unlikely. A perfectly good day off wasted. :sad_2:

Todavía tengo la esperanza de que salga hoy, pero eso es poco probable. Un día libre perfectamente desperdiciado. : triste_2:

The releases has normally wednesday, with new open betas.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

We can dream, someone like flyboats with depth charges.

The releases has normally wednesday, with new open betas.

Thank you.

And thank you for teaching me Spanish. I can now speak three languages.  :happy:

New WIP pictures...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/1416/

mosquito-fbvi-08-flight-simulator.jpg

Looks stunning, good work chaps 👏

Edited by Krupi
  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Ummmm, This states PRE ORDER video goes live in 64 mins.

it’s happening, oh yes, it’s finally happening. 🥳🥳🥳🥳

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

3 minutes ago, rkk01 said:

Bought😁

Wow up early.    Now purchased myself. 👍👍

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those screenshots are absolutely stunning…

The last one in the sequence is especially good with the motion blur - reminds me of Lancaster shots over the Derwent dam 

The red spinner / D-Day stripes one also looks amazing - is that one of the airworthy Mossies…???

Vid going live now…