Fight for Honor - A Folds of Honor Charity Event - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-23-2020, 05:37 PM   #131
Relic

It’s like a train wreck that I can’t look away from.

M-2000C | F/A-18C | F-14B | Bf 109 K-4 | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-8 | SA342
i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz | 32GB DDR4 RAM | RTX 2080
T16000M FCS | TWCS Throttle | MFG Crosswind.V2 Rudder Pedals
"Dialectic"
Relic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #132
maxsin72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
I don't disagree with that. Lack of feel is a huge problem with gaming in general. This is why sim pilots typically do better than real pilots.

On the video in question, it was my first time in the Tomcat. I did not (As with most DCS videos I make) intend to simulate anything. I fly them for fun. I crash a lot. If I flew anything in real life as I do in the game, I wouldn't be here today.

I understood it was your first time in the simulated Tomcat, i took this example to remark the huge difficulties to percept g force inside the simulated Tomcat, especially during an hard dogfight. With others simulated jet, who have the g-limiter and g-indicator, there are much less difficulties to respect imposed limits.

Quote:
To your point about having to look inside - I fly a real jet right now with no HUD. I'm constantly having to crosscheck inside the cockpit for altitude, airspeed, and G forces during a fight. That argument is invalid.

I just told that with a real jet is more easy to keep under control g force so i believe you. The problem is with simulated jet.

Quote:
No, you're trying to convince everyone why you're right and we're wrong. It's a dead horse.
Yes, that's true, i seemed to have always been clear about this but i also think i wrote my arguments, right or wrong they are, but i also would like to learn more.

Quote:

You bet. Will you be participating in the tournament?

This weekend i'm away with my family but i would have liked to have participated, even though i think i would have been eliminated very soon
maxsin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #133
Bozo_

Hey Guys , Anyone else waiting for the Email for the Tournament form Givergy ? to register your aircraft and check your slot time ?
Old 09-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #134
Phil C6
Veteran

Hi, where could we get the mission?

Best regards
Phil C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 05:07 PM   #135
speed-of-heat

should have been emailed to you!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.5 DCS VR Settings, My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & Stable
speed-of-heat is offline   Reply With Quote