J-11B with PL12

musolo

Su-30KNs were the old Indian Su-30Ks if I'm not mistaken that would probably mean Irkut production not KnAAZ

Speaking of two seat flankers how about a Su-30MKK?

I'd like deka's opinion on making it either FF or MAC grade

This quote from the linked thread

No not really a "hodge-podge" of variants.

The "Su-30KN" was a multirole upgrade for the "basic" pure interceptor Su-30(aka Su-27PU) and the export version of this(the Su-30K) - i.e. it retains the 10 pylon layout, but gains multirole capability.

Its true that the Russian airforce(or PVO at the time) only operated a handful or so of the Su-30 interceptors, but some 18 units were exported to India as the Su-30K. These were later returned to Russia when India purchased the more advanced Su-30MKI instead.

The returned former Indian Su-30Ks have since been upgraded exactly to Su-30KN standard and resold to Angola. Here is an article about it:

https://airforcesmonthly.keypublishing.com/2017/09/27/angolan-su-30k-breaks-cover/

So you could say it’s closest to being Algerian, but I’m sure the idea of ED at the time was to just give it abilities matching upgrade Su-30, and it happens to be closest to KN, which were upgraded ex-Indian birds sold to Algeria

I don’t know if they were KnAAPO now that I think about it, maybe I made a wrong assumption

EDIT: this site says Irkut did the upgrade to KN standard. https://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-30/su-30.htm I would assume that means Irkut made the 30K also.

Surprisingly hard to find out what factory made what

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Easy to check for yourself i tested on flatlands at the southern part of Caucasus map where Turkish coastal line would be.

I will test it when I have time. But my general experience in online play, considering jamming, different altitudes, dynamic things going on (not perfect clinical trial, which means nothing really) is that these radars are nearly useless beyond 50km in "real" conditions.

The point I am trying to make, to be on topic, is that the general capabilities of the FC3 modules are not really good enough to support SD-10 even if this missile is modded on. It might be fun and a little bit more fair but you're still effectively fighting with one hand tied behind your back.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

This quote from the linked thread

So you could say it’s closest to being Algerian, but I’m sure the idea of ED at the time was to just give it abilities matching upgrade Su-30, and it happens to be closest to KN, which were upgraded ex-Indian birds sold to Algeria

I don’t know if they were KnAAPO now that I think about it, maybe I made a wrong assumption

EDIT: this site says Irkut did the upgrade to KN standard. https://www.milavia.net/aircraft/su-30/su-30.htm I would assume that means Irkut made the 30K also.

Surprisingly hard to find out what factory made what

Chances are it was indeed IAPO as they had a monopoly on the 2 seat Su-30 design at the time of the airframes being built

• 4 weeks later...

Red Flag baby) The only IC clean place you`ll practice J-11B and J-15 automaticly armed with PL-12 against F15,F16, F18 armed with 120B and vice versa. Oddly enough those two missiles have virtually the same range. PL-12 being just a hair shorter distance. There are 4 slots outside of main battle zone that will let you compare those two missiles. They added to Flanker to see their ranges on it`s HUD. And shoot them at immortal AI . There are still some differences in how those two missiles behave. But you won`t find closer match amongst Fox3s. That said KD ratios are still not in favour of Reds though. Due to outdated radars and archaic avionics and instruments. But difference is not that huge as it was before. Redfor lethality compared to Fox1 era loadouts is skyrocketed. So difference in combat effectiveness for Reds is night and day really. and what`s most important for those bored aces - the trill of Blue vs Red air combat is back!

Red Flag scenario can be anything really. But F16s and F15s armed with 120C playing for REDFOR pretending to be anything out there. If that is ok with you than having older Flankers represent their laest versions shouldn`t be any problem i guess. If that`s the case with you - you are welcomed to enjoy them together with us while we can) If you`re open minded and want to have fun in jousting competitions there is a place for you where all knights fight with same kind of lances.

Check out the Su-33 J15-ish dark cockpit skin in user files. With datalink not bleachig out under the sun anymore.

Cheers!

Edited by musolo
Found the nanswer

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

• 2 months later...

You can Fly J-11B on our IC protected "Exercise Red Flag" server. All  Flankers there armed with vanilla PL-12 missiles when spawned.  No need for any Mods. 

Download new J-11B Aggressor Dark Skin with New Data Link

Watch video explaining how it works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vscuGyCMSvQ&t=2s

Join Red Flag Discord: https://discord.gg/dstgrnR

J-11B AggressorFinal7.jpg

J-11B AggressorFinal4.jpg

Red Flag Poster2.jpg

• Like 3

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

• 1 month later...

This is a great server just wanted to say that. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone,

I've asked at the main Dekra forum, but no great avail:

- are the SD-10 (or PL12) related mods for single-player, again unavailable (fail IC check or crash my DCS program) for the J11 fighter in DCS 2.7 ?

- tried the 2 available ones at the link below, but they crash my DCS after mission editor...

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/type-is-mod/unit-is-j-11a/apply/

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2021 at 12:26 PM, musolo said:

Did the latest mod work for you?

Sorry @musolo for the very late reply, didn't managed to try it yet.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 2 months later...

Hello again,

So is there a way to have a working PL-12 missile (or SD-10, etc) in the J-11 for single-player ?

Thank you.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

yeah just hack the lua, you can taka look at the JF17 lua find the SD part, and you can add it to the J11.

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

yeah just hack the lua, you can taka look at the JF17 lua find the SD part, and you can add it to the J11.

Thank you Harlikwin,

Although it doesn't sound very difficult, I'm not the most proficient guy applying mods - would it be just that ?

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

• 1 month later...

you can check PL-12 CLSID in sd10.lua and follow jf-17 sd-10 to add loadout for j-11a

but any modification to lua in CAP breaks IC

so either MP server turns off IC or server and client both have modification that their installations "match" each other (not quite sure about this one), otherwise you cannot join MP.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 months later...
Am 21.3.2022 um 06:42 schrieb uboats:

you can check PL-12 CLSID in sd10.lua and follow jf-17 sd-10 to add loadout for j-11a

but any modification to lua in CAP breaks IC

so either MP server turns off IC or server and client both have modification that their installations "match" each other (not quite sure about this one), otherwise you cannot join MP.

Well, that is obvious since it is a core mods modification.
But, is there any chance it officially becomes a thing? From what i've read, the J-11A can actually not carry the R-77, because the Russians downgraded it and removed the Fox-3 capability. Later the Chinese did modify it and gave it the ability to use the R-77 AND PL-12. 

Let's look at it from the gameplay perspective in PvP.
Don't get me wrong here. The J-11A is definetively capable of handing out damage, R-27ETs are very powerful and the R-77 has its moments of shine... 
But an equally as skilled pilot in a F-16 is going to beat you in BVR if he knows what he is doing. No matter how good you are.
Given the F-15E is coming and the Typhoon is also on the horizon, an upgrade like this is pretty much neccesairy if you want to keep RedAir relevant.

I know Deka is busy with the jeff and the ChinaAssetPack. 
I can provide the file if necessairy, i have one which carries the PL-12 with adjusted XYZ positions and the right pylons.
It also carries the PL-8s on the wings, except the wingtips, they dont have the Required Pylon.. 

I've sent you an DM on discord aswell, so if you can, i'd like to have a quick chat about this and something else. 

Edited by Wyvern

1 hour ago, Wyvern said:

hmm... Its just sad, the J-11 could be so much more capable as it is.
Could we have the quick chat about the 2nd thing? ive sent you an message around 2-3 hours ago i think

If you want to discuss, it’s better on forum and in this thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Well, do you remember the J-11 skins you made? I converted all of them From the Su-27 to the J-11A .
Additionally, i made an Fictional Pakistani (Black Panthers) and an Fiktional Indian (based on Su-30MKI) livery aswell.

Is there a possibility to get them or at least the PLANAF 8th Air Brigade added? 
I'm also going to make more fictional skins for other countries (Germany, Blue Russian, Black russian and Su-35 Splinter as example) and would also offer those (all for free of course) to Deka.
Its kind of sad, that it isnt recieving any updates, so i want to contribute to it.

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Wyvern said:

Well, do you remember the J-11 skins you made? I converted all of them From the Su-27 to the J-11A .
Additionally, i made an Fictional Pakistani (Black Panthers) and an Fiktional Indian (based on Su-30MKI) livery aswell.

Is there a possibility to get them or at least the PLANAF 8th Air Brigade added? 
I'm also going to make more fictional skins for other countries (Germany, Blue Russian, Black russian and Su-35 Splinter as example) and would also offer those (all for free of course) to Deka.
Its kind of sad, that it isnt recieving any updates, so i want to contribute to it.

1. su-27 skin diff from j-11a skin (many old skins used by su-27 in plaaf no longer for j-11a)

2. j-11a only in PLAAF, so besides those general fictional skins, we would not consider other fictional skins for specific countries

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 minute ago, Wyvern said:

So what youre saying the Chinese Fictional skins (PLANAF as example) might have a Chance, but the Indian and Pakistani one will not?

if you want to make skins, you can share them at dcs-world user file, but we will not consider to add them into cap any more at this moment.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]