Damage model improvements?

Strke

Hello guys n gals!

As the title says:

Since Syria map update (when they introduced the new fire effects for burning aircraft) I am getting quite detailed damage results to the 109 (player controlled).

For instance, individual radiator leaks (leak from engine compartment, or wingroot radiators), oil leaks (with visible streams), varying leak sizes (minor, huge, and fuel tank rupture). Also seem to be getting engine damage with reduced/intermittent performance.

Furthermore, flight control cables can be damaged, or destroyed, wheels can puncture and a lot of instruments may stop working.

So the question is: Are these improvements, or has the 109 'always' had such a detailed damage model?

Currently flying:

A-10C | P-51D | F-86 | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C |MiG-21Bis | Bf-109K

DCS-Flyable Wishlist Top-10:

F-16 MLU | F-104 | MiG-23 | AH-64 | A-6 | B-17G | F-4 | OV-10 | Lynx | NH-90

So the question is: Are these improvements, or has the 109 'always' had such a detailed damage model?

No, the 109 hasn't always been like that. Since a few months this changed on many WWII Warbirds, as ED silently introduced new DM features.

Fox

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Hello guys n gals!

As the title says:

Since Syria map update (when they introduced the new fire effects for burning aircraft) I am getting quite detailed damage results to the 109 (player controlled).

For instance, individual radiator leaks (leak from engine compartment, or wingroot radiators), oil leaks (with visible streams), varying leak sizes (minor, huge, and fuel tank rupture). Also seem to be getting engine damage with reduced/intermittent performance.

Furthermore, flight control cables can be damaged, or destroyed, wheels can puncture and a lot of instruments may stop working.

109 for the longest time was a flying tank able to absorb an insane amount of damage so long as the wing doesnt fall off or doesnt catch fire. seem em for for 15mins leaking out of both radiators.

thankfully the new effects work wonders, the prop being hit on all aircraft causes imbalance and slower speeds, engine being hit now actually causes performance loss, radiator hits seem to have an effect now and at least imo pilot sniping a 109 seems more common, could just be that ive had better shot placement though. that being said some of the other problems that have now arisen is that the mustang can have missing wings and still fly which wasnt present before, seems like a visual bug and not a flight model one though, the spitfire used to have this issue badly. i know that either the 109 or 190 now have engine issues when the generator stops working allowing the battery to be trained and the electric to run out thus shutting off the elctric pump causing less flow and engine performance.

I know the P47 has had some updates as well with warming the engine.

Thanks for confirming.

I find it odd that ED aren't announcing these changes in their changelogs. I mean, the WW2 damage model revamp is something they are talking about a lot recently.

I appreciate the effects, but for now, it seems as if AI aircraft are unaffected by it. I can't produce radiator leaks in an AI 109 for instance.

Currently flying:

A-10C | P-51D | F-86 | F-5E | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C |MiG-21Bis | Bf-109K

DCS-Flyable Wishlist Top-10:

F-16 MLU | F-104 | MiG-23 | AH-64 | A-6 | B-17G | F-4 | OV-10 | Lynx | NH-90